Any other LGBT peeps (or LBGT allies) around?

Options

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    So before the thread gets locked - supporters, how are you supportive?

Like I've never attended a rally or anything, but where I live has a small gay community downtown, and I go hang out there very frequently with my kids and their friends. I guess my support is shown through teaching my kids that this is also normal but also spending money in LGBT-owned or supportive businesses.

i know you live in FL, i dunno how far from this, but are you referring to wilton manors?

if not wilton manors is also a gay community, it's quite an amusing place with it's gay mart and coffee shop! my friend used to force me to go there with him.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Love whom you want.

Agreed. I'm good with anybody loving anybody.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm an ally, but unfortunately the Holy Rollers and Anti's will have this thread locked in no time.

Please don't clump people into a category. I am a "Holy Roller" and I would never think about trying to lock this thread. It's not the "category" that makes people jerks.... it's the person. Mmkay?

And your response is typical jerk. Mmkay?

no it isn't! she had a point and you're new here, you don't know her so don't try to make it seem like she was being a jerk.

Um.
    Dear christinalovexo,
    The person you were referencing is actually an MFP vet. He took a break and came back with a new account. So, you might want to actually know what *you're* talking about before you spout off.
    Cheers!
    Dot

I'm an ally here, feel free to friend me! :wink:
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Me!

Even though I haven't exactly figured out what my sexuality is yet. I don't like labels, anyway.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    this will get locked/deleted. they'll tell you the "groups" function is coming soon, where you'll be able to have your own group, but no one will say when. i think it should be allowed, and i'm sorry it's not. I hope you at least find a few friends before it gets the as though!

:smile:

Posting just to support this thread, because of this problem. I'm not LGBT, but it makes me really cross that my friends who are can't post to find others who share their experiences.

I'd like to bet if I started a 'Looking for other straight women' post, it wouldn't get zapped. Why should this one be?
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    Love is love. Count me in :) Add me any LGBTIQ peeps and allies :D Proud to be me.
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    I'm an ally, but unfortunately the Holy Rollers and Anti's will have this thread locked in no time.

Please don't clump people into a category. I am a "Holy Roller" and I would never think about trying to lock this thread. It's not the "category" that makes people jerks.... it's the person. Mmkay?

no it isn't! she had a point and you're new here, you don't know her so don't try to make it seem like she was being a jerk.

Um.
    Dear christinalovexo,
    The person you were referencing is actually an MFP vet. He took a break and came back with a new account. So, you might want to actually know what *you're* talking about before you spout off.
    Cheers!
    Dot

I'm an ally here, feel free to friend me! :wink:

he should get a license plate! my neighbor has one, i think he was in the war in vietnam.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    No wonder threads like this get deleted. It's already deteriorating into people saying "don't talk about her like that you don't know her" because some people are just too sensitive and others posting about just how supportive they are (FYI, to whomever asked "Just how supportive are you?" This is not a competition).

I didn't create this post to separate us from "the norms" or "the straights."

I just wanted to find some people like me to talk to. If I had the option, I would have deleted this thread myself already.

I know what you mean. But... these scuffles break out on all sorts of threads - usually as a result of histories that have nothing much to do with the content of the thread. I wouldn't see that behaviour as a reflection on the topic. And I think the pervasiveness of such scuffles really indicates that controlling potentially divisive content doesn't have much impact on forum heat levels.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So, he said
    , and then she said,
    , and then he was like,
    , and then she was all up his face like,
    which is really similar to this:
    11s01gz.png
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    So, he said
    , and then she said,
    , and then he was like,
    , and then she was all up his face like,
    which is really similar to this:
    11s01gz.png

i dont wanna be a blonde tho!

can i be this parrot instead?

qxqlom.jpg
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Like I've never attended a rally or anything, but where I live has a small gay community downtown, and I go hang out there very frequently with my kids and their friends. I guess my support is shown through teaching my kids that this is also normal but also spending money in LGBT-owned or supportive businesses.

i know you live in FL, i dunno how far from this, but are you referring to wilton manors?

if not wilton manors is also a gay community, it's quite an amusing place with it's gay mart and coffee shop! my friend used to force me to go there with him.
    I've heard of Wilton Manors :bigsmile: but, no, I was referring to downtown Lake Worth. It's a lot like Key West used to be. Just really laid-back. If you're ever in the area check out Mother Earth on 2nd ave. It's a lesbian-owned coffee house and the owner is the coolest ever. She hosts open mic, people sing on Friday nights, she lets locals sell goods there. It's everything a coffee house should be.
  • xtinalovexo
    Options

I've heard of Wilton Manors :bigsmile: but, no, I was referring to downtown Lake Worth. It's a lot like Key West used to be. Just really laid-back. If you're ever in the area check out Mother Earth on 2nd ave. It's a lesbian-owned coffee house and the owner is the coolest ever. She hosts open mic, people sing on Friday nights, she lets locals sell goods there. It's everything a coffee house should be.

this sounds cool... unfortunately i live in north florida now, so prob a no go! we have a mother earth here... its a crappy, tiny "health foods" store. there is nothing better than that :grumble:

but i agree, it sounds like a great coffee shop!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

qxqlom.jpg

Yeah, you can totally be the parrot! :) Such a cute parrot. D'awwwwww.
  • xtinalovexo
    Options

qxqlom.jpg

Yeah, you can totally be the parrot! :) Such a cute parrot. D'awwwwww.

i lol'd when i saw it :)
    i love birds!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

this sounds cool... unfortunately i live in north florida now, so prob a no go! we have a mother earth here... its a crappy, tiny "health foods" store. there is nothing better than that :grumble:

but i agree, it sounds like a great coffee shop!
    Aw BOOO! Well, this Mother Earth used to be called Les Beans. Say it out loud. How cool is that? But I think her partner owned the name and they split up.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me who anyone chooses to sleep with, or how, as long as they're consenting adults. I try, as our LBGT group at college's motto said, to 'Assume nothing'. It makes me laugh to think what others probably assume about me, as a Christian, mother and teacher at a private school... Little do they know (thank goodness!)...
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ally here!!
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    *Raising hand proudly ME! ME! :)
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ally here as well