Game of Thrones

Replies

• This topic has gotten me motivated to read the books and watch the show. Thanks guys! Always good to have something to keep busy with.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    How does this show compare to storylines like the Hunger Games, Insider, Lost Girl, Liar Game, etc??? I like mystery/suspense/thrillers. :)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    All I have to say is: OMG yessssssssssssssssss. I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy nerd. I own comic books. This series has had me hooked since R. R. started it, and when I saw that HBO picked it up, I was fearful. Then, pleasantly surprised. The show gives me something to do while I wait for him to get a move on the next book. Be warned...he is notoriously sloooooooooooooooow.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    All I have to say is: OMG yessssssssssssssssss. I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy nerd. I own comic books. This series has had me hooked since R. R. started it, and when I saw that HBO picked it up, I was fearful. Then, pleasantly surprised. The show gives me something to do while I wait for him to get a move on the next book. Be warned...he is notoriously sloooooooooooooooow.

ugh! he needs to hurry.. im almost done with Dance of Dragons
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    I've just started Game of Thrones on reccomendation from a friend
  • I've read the first four books and enjoyed them. I need to read book five, and haven't seen the HBO series. The books are definitely worth it!
  • meefo42
    meefo42 Posts: 21
    YESSSSS, I am just about 2/3 of the way through book one and I've seen the HBO series and I lovvvvve it!
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Havent read the books but the first series was epic cant wait for the second they where filming some senes not far from us a and my cousin was doing security at it, could be long til the second has anyone any idea on date? Cant sleep btw otherwise at the weekend id be zzzzzzzing lol
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    One of my two favorite book series EVER (The other is the Dark Tower by Stephen King). The books are AMAZING!!! Plus you won't have the wait some of us did between the last two books, though who knows how long we'll be waiting for the next one.

The first book is called "The Game of Thrones" It's officially the Song of Ice and Fire series.

The books are a little harder to get into because they are so epic but I say it's worth it to plug along through the first one.

Me too!! I love the Dark Tower series! I started reading it when I was a kid...and I've pre-ordered the next one. Long days and pleasant nights!
  • I was surprised to really enjoy it too! and waiting til next spring for season 2 is toooo long...although I gotta say the series is over sexified, its actually quite disgusting when it comes to that ;p otherwise definitely worth watching!
  • My current obsession! I have seen the first season at least 20 times (not exaggerating) and I'm currently at the end of A Clash of Kings. I saw someone ask about the DVD release date. I cannot find it anywhere! I'm thinking it'll be out at least by Christmas though. I hope so as it's on my list. The show is fantastic and sticks fairly close to the books in my opinion. Obviously some stuff has to be left out but it's much closer than a lot of other adaptions I've seen. Curiosity prevailing (and to keep this thread going), which house do you claim loyalty to?
  • . Curiosity prevailing (and to keep this thread going), which house do you claim loyalty to?

This is such a hard decision (especially if you've read further into the series!! :D)

My first thought is Stark, but I also like the Targaryens... Or the Tullys.. but I don't like Lysa.. AH!!

This is the thing I love most about the books.. every character and every house has depth. No one is all good or all bad. Soooo wonderful. <3<3<3 Makes it hard to choose though!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I watched Season 1 and have read books up to the 4th one and I am probably half way through that book but haven't read it in awhile
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I love game of thrones! New season isn't due until spring. I am watching American Horror Story to tide me over. It is awesomesauce!
  • SinIsIn
    Curiosity prevailing (and to keep this thread going), which house do you claim loyalty to?

I'm for Jon Snow and the WALL.... and Targaryens....And i really like Tyrion too.. i love sarcasm. LOL
  • Beastette
    Curiosity prevailing (and to keep this thread going), which house do you claim loyalty to?

I'm for Jon Snow and the WALL.... and Targaryens....And i really like Tyrion too.. i love sarcasm. LOL

Let's just say that I'm for the house I SUSPECT is Jon Snow's actual house. I'll leave it there.
  • SinIsIn

Let's just say that I'm for the house I SUSPECT is Jon Snow's actual house. I'll leave it there.

You cant post this and not expect me to ask..... so Im going to ask.. WHO!?!?
  • Beastette
    Gonna PM it. I'm anti-spoiler, even if my guess is wrong...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member

I :heart: u

I was reading then thought "oh *kitten* SPOILER!" Thanks :drinker:
  • Beastette

I :heart: u

I was reading then thought "oh *kitten* SPOILER!" Thanks :drinker:
    No problem. I may be a know-it-all, but I try to be a considerate one. :-) My guesses are usually on target, you should have seen my DH when we watched Usual Suspects...he accused me of having seen it before. LOL