Oklahoma Common room

Options

Replies

• OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Found out this past weekend that they allow dogs at Bass Pro. So me and the mutt did some walking around in there for a bit, he was quite entertaining at the fish tanks! Went moseying through the clothes section and decided I needed some new jeans. The ones I was wearing I kept having to hitch up. So after trying on clothes with my 70# mutt in the dressing room with me :laugh: I walked out of there with a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than what I walked in with. It was a good day!

Anyone going to Octoberfest in Tulsa this weekend? We will probably be there on Sunday again with the pooch.

That is awesome!
  • bnbandy
    bnbandy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! From Broken Arrow here. I just joined MFP and am LOVING it! Not a huge sports fan but I do love OSU. :) Glad to find this forum!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Chellooooo????? Ya'll still meeting in this spot? :glasses: I'm in the Tulsa area and have made a few really good friends on this site! Feel free to add me if you want to (please tell me that you're a fellow Okie).

Hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the week!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello, Marti. Not a whole lot of activity here it seems. I don't think very many people from Oklahoma saw the original post when it was fresh in the forums. I think I have more Okies on my friend list than have come across this thread. If you know of any more, tell them to come say hi.
    Hopefully when the new "groups" section is available we can set up an Oklahoma group that will be easy for people to search for and find. Nice to meet you!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll chime in again, bump it up in the board so people can see. Plus I like the attention....

Went to Oktoberfest in Tulsa this past weekend. We took the pup, he had a good time. :) I know this has nothing to do with fitness, but just making small talk today.

IMAG2678-1.jpg
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hellooooooooooo peeps!!

I am still around.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Karaoke for me Friday!! WOOT!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I'm already lovin this thread! I love anyone who can be themselves. Troy is right... Maybe after we are all satisfied no one is a stalker, we should meet for a celebration.

Jules, where are you doing Karaoke? I miss my band (lost it in the divorce). :angry:

And Susie, it's okay if you post stuff other than fitness... if someone reading doesn't like it, they can disappear! :glasses:
  • Troy67
    Options
    Yep, post whatever you want. Anything interesting in Oklahoma someone else might like to know. Nice to see everyone. Have a great night!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was searching for some Okies earlier today, so glad I happened on this thread tonight!

Moved here from California in 1996, love it here! And, um, well, I'm originally from Los Angeles, so I kinda loved the hot summer we just had. (Sorry). I do NOT like the ice/snow storms, not fond of being that cold! Where I grew up, "snow" was a "PLACE" that you VISITED... "What did you do this weekend?"... "Oh, we went to the snow"... LOL!

I'm very interested in an MFP gathering, might have to have more than one if we need to split into OKC area and Tulsa area. I could do either one! I'm in east Edmond but get to Tulsa pretty regularly too.

Thanx Troy for starting this thread! I work at OU Medical Center!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My old college roommate was an Okie. Nicest guy... Btw we went to Cal State, Northridge. :flowerforyou:
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Is everyone getting rain, or am I the only soggy @ss in the state? :ohwell:
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Options
    I'm in OKC, we got some rain this morning but it's pretty much stopped, maybe occasional sprinkles is all now. Guess we sent it your way to Tulsa! Enjoy!

:drinker:

Ice
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Has been soggy in south OKC too. :happy: It was still raining about an hour ago when I went outside.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Options
    Happy Friday Fellow Okies!

How's everyone doing today? I'm so glad it's Friday, looking forward to the weekend, woot woot!

Ice
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Oh yeah!! FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Now if I could just figure out how to fast forward to 5pm... :drinker:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Was cold this morning, but sunny and pretty nice now. Took some time off this morning from work to go to a Turbo Kick class at the Y. AWESOME. Wish I could do that every day! Was supposed to go to Halloween party at Hard Rock tonight, but my date had family issues. Now trying to find something fun to do instead!

Happy Friday.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Susie you could have had fun working out with me. It was terribly exciting. LOL Hope you are having a good evening.
  • Troy67
    Options
    I am happy to see everyone doing well on this Friday. Yes it has been pretty soggy but we definitely need the rain. And I am happy to have colder temperatures. I can now use my heated mattress cover on my bed. It helps with my back and I sleep so much better.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Options
    I'll be working out tomorrow morning sometime in Edmond... if anyone else is around lemme know and we'll meet up!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Options
    Hey Okies, where are you???

I'm at work in OKC, was just walking between buildings - that weather front is moving in FAST! Clouds are racing!

Stay Strong, OKIES...

AND STAY AWAY FROM THAT HALLOWEEN CANDY that your coworkers brought in! Just don't even go to the break room today!

You'll be soooooooooooooooooo glad you resisted!

Ice