Motivated Momma's Week 5 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    5 miles done today-- only 1 more left till I hit my goal for the week!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Food wise, not the greatest day, but it is ok. I have been traveling from Idaho to California, so choices were not that great. Now that I am here though I will do much better! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! I still have 6 miles to go before I meet my goal! I am going to get the stroller out and make my sisters walk with me at least 2 miles tonight.

Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1
    Part 1- Walking 8 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 2/3pts

Part 3- Logging 3/4pt

Strength: Possible 6 points

Wednesday: 1/1 point
    100 Crunches

Thursday: 1/1 point
    50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1/1 point
    50 Pushups

Weekend: 1 point
    100 Squats

Monday: 1 point
    100 Lunges (50 per leg)

Tuesday: 1 point
    50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1pt

Emotional: Possible 5 points

Sunday points = 1 Woohoo!!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Completed 2 more miles, so total of 7 miles completed from 13.. Im gonna do some Leslie walking tonight , probably 3 more miles.. :-)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Indian festival (Festival of lights or what we call as diwali) begins and we have to prepare so many types of sweets.. So I am gonna try to control myself to only one sweet per day.. I know its going to be hard, but will try my best.. We are also supposed to buy something new and I bought a Woolen top for myself and just love it.. So I am going to be busy from tomorrow as the festival lasts for 5 days starting from tomorrow.. I have bought those flickering lights and we are going to decorate the house with lights and lots of prayers follows.. Also, I am going to burn my calories cooking and cleaning as well... Also, if I was in India I would be flooded with gifts as this festival is very special for newly married and this is our first year too.. I will try to be online, but will be cooking most of the times..lol
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Part 1- Walking 12 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points (I did another 1.5 miles today, so I have a total of 8/12 miles done)

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week--Completed

Part 3- Logging-Completed

100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1/1 point (did today)
    50 Pushups

Weekend: 1/1 point (did today)
    100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: 1/1 point (below)

Sunday points-3 points (2 strength and 1 for recipe)

My to-go recipe is actually oatmeal waffles. Most people wouldn't consider it an item that you'd take to go with you, but we're strange like that, so we put peanut butter on top and eat them. My husband takes them to work almost every morning and eats them while driving and Caeleb would eat them constantly if I let him. Here's the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-waffles/detail.aspx, but my changes are as follows:

Half whole wheat flour & half all purpose flour
    added Vanilla extract
    added milled flaxseed
    added 2 mashed bananas

*I also omitted salt, eggs, and butter

Before adding peanut butter to the top, they came out to 121 calories per waffle and these are big ones that are more dense (due to the whole wheat flour, so more filling).
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You all are doing fabulous! TOM is here and I am feeling completley unmotivated, so here is to a better day tomorrow! I will catch up on all my info then. Have a great night.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm baaa-aaack!

CAleb is finally feeling more like himself. He came down with a case of aby measels last week. Thankfully, the type he had (rosella) is not the scary-potentially-lifethreatening-meningititis-causing ones. Just the pathetic-runa-crazy- high-fever-and-cling-to-Momma-for-3-days-ones. Now that his fever broke he hsa broken into a mild rash but he is past the point of being contagious so he was able to go to daycare this morning and I am back at work (and thus back on MFP :wink: ) He seemed to be in really good spirits and back to his normal, sunny self yesterday so I am hoping that he does well at daycare too.

I have been keeping up with this weeks challenge and will post my points on the spreadsheet today.My "calorie" burn has been sucking cuz I haven't done my hard workout since CAleb got sick and despite my best intentions I was way too tired this morning to wake up and let JM kick my butt into shape. I'll try to get er done this evening - we'll see how the day goes.

Foodwise, I've been umm... not great? Friday I succombed to some serious emotional eating (my baby was sick!) but I pulled it together for the rest of the weekend and managed to control the urge to overeat. Still made a few less than stellar choices (ahem... big mac for lunch on Sunday) but still. stuck to my guns and skipped the fries because I was full. Not great but could have been a lot worse.

Thanks to all who sent me sweet little notes over the last few days. I may not have responded right away but I really appreciated knowing that you were thinking of me and my boy while we were down :flowerforyou:

Happy Monday everyone!
    Lynda
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe:

PB&J Fruit Roll-up Sandwich
    1 flour tortillas (7 inch)
    1T peanut butter
    1T jam or jelly
    1/2 banana
    strawberries (we leave these out if they are not in season. not good with frozen)
    2T low fat granola

Spread peanut butter over half tortilla, top with jelly.
    Slice bananas and strawberries, place over PB&J. Sprinkle with granola
    Roll burrito style, slice in half.
    Ready to go!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    These are my points for saturday, I was out with my nephew all day at an air show for his birthday so LOTS of walking but not alot of time to get on here!

Part 1- Walking 12 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points (8/12 miles done)

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 2/3pts

Part 3- Logging 2/4pt

100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

50 Pushups

Weekend: 1/1 point
    100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1/1pt

Saturday points-1 for strength

Sunday was a bust, I didnt do anything, TOM is here just as I suspected, but I refuse to let it get me down!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well... I am on vacation right now in California. I am finding a hard time motivating myself to workout. I want to, but don't have the drive to actually do it. Help!!! What do you do for exercise while you are on vacation and don't have access to a gym??
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    THE LIFE PURPOSE EXERCISE:
    1. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
    I have thought about this a lot - it is hard to come up with your defining characteristics but based on feedback from friends and loved ones I'm going to say: empathy/compassion and humour

2. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.
    I have been told by many that I am the "rock" they lean on. I'm proud that my friends see me as a person that they can rely on when they are in the midst of turmoil.

3. Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.
    I'm a little concerned that I'm gonna sound like a Miss America contestant talking about peace, love and acceptance but heregoes :wink:

A perfect world is one that is empathatic to the pain of others, patient when times are tough and encouraging above all else.

4. State Life Purpose in a paragraph

My purpose is to provide strength and support to my loved ones when it is needed, wherther that be by offering a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen or by offering a smile or a laugh when times are dark.

Did I do that right?
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    1. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
    I have thought about this a lot - it is hard to come up with your defining characteristics but based on feedback from friends and loved ones I'm going to say: empathy/compassion and humour

2. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.
    I have been told by many that I am the "rock" they lean on. I'm proud that my friends see me as a person that they can rely on when they are in the midst of turmoil.

3. Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.
    I'm a little concerned that I'm gonna sound like a Miss America contestant talking about peace, love and acceptance but heregoes :wink:

A perfect world is one that is empathatic to the pain of others, patient when times are tough and encouraging above all else.

My purpose is to provide strength and support to my loved ones when it is needed, wherther that be by offering a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen or by offering a smile or a laugh when times are dark.

Did I do that right?

Your life purpose looks good-- but I'm going to make a suggestion, if you don't mind! You want your life purpose to be the " why" behind the things you do.. to inspire you on to make your life choices to make you more fulfilled. When I first read your final statement, it didn't seem to be something you could really grab on to. I re-did some wording and looked at your responses.. if you want, I came up with this instead--
    "My purpose is through compassion and humor, to provide support and strength to others so they know they are not alone and feel encouraged through both good and bad times."

Just thought I'd offer it-- if you like it, go for it.. but you did a fine job too! :flowerforyou:
  • losinit_4_good
    Options

Did I do that right?

Your life purpose looks good-- but I'm going to make a suggestion, if you don't mind! You want your life purpose to be the " why" behind the things you do.. to inspire you on to make your life choices to make you more fulfilled. When I first read your final statement, it didn't seem to be something you could really grab on to. I re-did some wording and looked at your responses.. if you want, I came up with this instead--
    "My purpose is through compassion and humor, to provide support and strength to others so they know they are not alone and feel encouraged through both good and bad times."

Just thought I'd offer it-- if you like it, go for it.. but you did a fine job too! :flowerforyou:

Oh yes! I like your version of my purpose! Ladies - see above for my purpose :smile: Thanks!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    You all are doing fabulous! TOM is here and I am feeling completley unmotivated, so here is to a better day tomorrow! I will catch up on all my info then. Have a great night.

Oh the joys of woman-dom! Hope you are having a better day today than yesterday! Sorry for being the worst partner ever for the last few days!! :flowerforyou:
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    The scale is not my friend today, (gee thanks TOM!!!) After gaining...losing...and gaining some more, im so far away from that glorious 236 its not even funny, hoping that my workout today and tomorrow will get me close to it!!

Part 1- Walking 12 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points (12.8/12 miles done) (I did 4.8 today on the Wii fit...felt good!)

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 3/3pts

Part 3- Logging 3/4pt

100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

50 Pushups

100 Squats

Monday: 1/1 point
    100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Recipe 1/1pt

Monday points- 8(5 for meeting my mile goal, 1 for intervals, 1 for logging, and 1 for strength!!)
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    I was just looking at my weight loss ticker...im half way to my half way point! 60 pounds really doesnt seem so scary when its in those terms!!! I can still remember the horror I felt when I weighed myself at the very beginning of this. I thought I would be around 240 or so, because afterall I didnt think I had gained THAT much weight, and then it happened...259 popped up on the scale, and I thought I was going to be sick! So many things have changed since that day, Im so glad I decided to make the decision to start living a healthier life!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    My to go recipe- tortilla wrap

1 egg cooked (any type is fine)
    1 tbsp shredded cheese, diced avacado and tomato
    1 tortilla

Place egg, cheese, avocado and tomato into the tortilla. Wrap as you would a burrito.

Sometimes, its just going to be the leftover veggies and cheese, or only cheese and apple slices.

Oops did someone already give the tortilla wrap kind of thingy, didn't notice that..heheh
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Completed 4 miles of Leslie walking, so 2 more miles to go to reach my goal.. :-)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Part 1- Walking 12 miles is my goal 5pts + bonus mile points (I did another 3 miles today, so I have a total of 11/12 miles done)

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week--Completed

Part 3- Logging-Completed

100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

50 Pushups

100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: 1/1 point

Monday points- 1 point for strength
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Phew-- I made my 15!! I had bootcamp tonight too, but wanted to get that looming mile off there, so did some interval cardio before we went too. Somedays I wonder about myself... :)

Part 1- Walking 15 miles -5pts + bonus mile points - 16/15 miles done-whoo!!

Part 2- Interval training or workout for 3 days this week 3/3 points

Part 3- Logging 4/4pt

Wednesday: 1/1 point ( done thursday)
    100 Crunches

50 Reverse Crunches

Friday: 1 point/ point- done 1/2 friday, 1/2 Sat
    50 Pushups

100 Squats

100 Lunges (50 per leg)

50 Sit ups

Food/Nutrition: Possible Recipe 1pt

Emotional: My purpose is to use my enthusiasm and compassion to motivate, educate and support other women to know themselves and their self- worth and feel empowered and strong in healthy, safe, loving environments.

Monday Points- 9 for logging, strength, cardio ( 1 bonus), and intervals.