Ripped in 30 - October/November! [Closed Group]

Options

Replies

• lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I could do the plank when i did her shred video, of course that was about 30 pounds heavier. I have been able to do the plank this time, but I really hate it! Glad to know about the shaking cuz it was like a earthquake when i was doing them last night! BUt I was doing them!
    That should say i COULD NOT do the plank 30 pounds ago..man i can't type!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that the Sunday as a rest day is not a rule! You can choose any day to be your rest day, but just try to be sure you only have one a week. Yesterday was one of those days with just NO time, so I'm making Thursdays my rest day. It makes sense - Thursdays are busy, Sunday's I've got all the time in the world! Haha... just fit your schedule. :)
  • broll11
    broll11 Posts: 16
    Options
    Rest day today: my broken toe is bad swollen after getting it in a shoe and the day was just too busy but I will be back tomorrow. Hope everyone is hanging in there.
  • happymommy40
    Options
    I did Day 4 today and it is getting easier. Of course, I am still doing the modification for the push ups and the abs in the second circuit, but other than that I am following it. I burned over 300 calories today and I notice I burn more when I run before the Ripped in 30 workout.at other times it is 247-277 with working out in the morning being the lowest. Loving this challenge and I am not weighing in until we post our next stats.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    day 4 level 1 completed. I am getting better at the running man, but fast feet still makes my shins hurt!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    So I took my rest day last night. Kids went to bed late and I took an allergy pill. However, this weekend will be kidless so I should be able to get it in everyday. Tonight might be the hardest, just depends on what the hubby and I end up doing. I will do my best though. I could get in two in one day maybe Sunday if I just can't get it in tonight. I will check in though.

I have previously had a hard time with planks. I have done half the program of turbo fire and the transformation on my shoulders and arms was amazing. I find the planks to be a lot easier, still can be tough. I'm looking forward to what we'll do in later levels.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    day 4 level 1 completed. I am getting better at the running man, but fast feet still makes my shins hurt!

Fast feet makes my calves hurt but not my shins. Is it just in the movement or do they hurt afterwards?
  • legacysh
    Options
    Day 5 level1 complete, only 1 more day on this stupid level before I move on! YEAH!!!!! I hate quick feet, it hurts!
  • broll11
    Options
    Day 4 complete and I don't like the running man either!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Rest day, last night. It was just needed. Back on it today.
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    Saturday here, I completed day 6 today and enjoyed it actually...as crazy as that may sound....

It feels good to be excited to come home from work in the evenings just to do the video. My knees are alot more out of shape than I had imagined so I am very careful to loosen them up thoroughly. I still feel the cardio is difficult and I feel very fatigued while doing it but I push through the best that I can. How is everyone else holding up????
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I'm doing alright with this - I really like the strength set in circuit 2! Only a couple more days at level 1! We move on to level 2 on Wednesday! Please don't forget to weigh in Wednesday morning and send me your results! :)
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Day 5 level1 complete, only 1 more day on this stupid level before I move on! YEAH!!!!! I hate quick feet, it hurts!

Are you only doing 6 days at every level?
  • broll11
    Options
    Day 5 complete and I think I might be getting the hang of the positions now, they hurt more...HAHAHA
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Day 6 completed today! I am choosing Monday as my rest day since that is a hectic day. I peeked at week 2 and am excited to try it. Ripped in 30 was my reward for finishing 30 Day Shred so I am already researching what my next reward (JillianDVD) will be. Plus I had an awesome run so today was great!

ETA: my shins are taking a beating from fast feet and the running man. I finally stopped getting shin splints from running and now I am getting them from the DVD. Sometimes I just do the boxing or another low impact cardio move if they are really bad. That and ibuprofen are helping.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • legacysh
    Options
    Day 6 completed today! I am choosing Monday as my rest day since that is a hectic day. I peeked at week 2 and am excited to try it. Ripped in 30 was my reward for finishing 30 Day Shred so I am already researching what my next reward (JillianDVD) will be. Plus I had an awesome run so today was great!

ETA: my shins are taking a beating from fast feet and the running man. I finally stopped getting shin splints from running and now I am getting them from the DVD. Sometimes I just do the boxing or another low impact cardio move if they are really bad. That and ibuprofen are helping.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am glad to know i am not the only one having problems with my shins!

I took Staruday as a rest day and will finish up level1 today... Have a great Sunday!
  • broll11
    Options
    Day 6 complete and things are going pretty good with the workout.
  • Fitfab41
    Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did the last day of level 1! I Can't say I'll miss the running man (that hurt. Towards the end, I jumped on my elliptical machine for those segments). Oh ya... I didn't like fast feet either. I DID enjoy the 2nd strength segment with the deadlifts though.

I'm nervous about level 2. Ack!
  • heyyooadrienne
    heyyooadrienne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the strength part in circuit 2! I don't like the oblique dips though... I feel like I'm doing them wrong!
  • legacysh
    Options
    Well here we go...Level 2! I will do it as soon as I get home today, and all I can say is good riddance to fast feet and shin pain. I actually like the skaters and vertical jumps. Can't wait to see what's in store! Good job everyone that completed level 1, lets go out and kick Jillian's butt this week in level 2!!!!!