Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Can't WAIT to hear what the challenge is for this upcoming week! I've got M - F off (I know, I know, I rule), so I plan on doing my 75 minute hot yoga class every morning, and then hitting up the gym for either a run or a 60 minute workout class (step, zumba, weights, kickboxing) in the afternoons. HOW exciting is that?!?! I'm SO pumped guys! Hope everyone's having a GREAT weekend :)

I'm so jealous of your week!!! I keep seeing your posts about hot yoga classes and I keep looking for some around here to try but I haven't had much luck :(

Can't wait to see what this upcoming weeks challenge is going to be!! :D
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The past 2 days haven't been the greatest. I have logged but been over in booze. Yesterday was the memorial for our friend followed by the wake at the watering hole he loved so.... Not much food-wise but a lot booze-wise! Tonite saw us at a friend's place and more booze. Ironically, the craziness of the past week didn't show at my weigh-in on Friday morning...down another 1.8 lbs. We'll see what's up this Friday. I am sad that the stress and grief of the last week hasn't/doesn't inspire me to work out... It makes me want to just snuggle down and sleep/watch tv/read/bathe/drink! I was doing really well with c25k, videos,walking etc. and I haven't kept it up. The last time I was on the treadmill was our mile challenge...possibly once after that. Hard to be motivated, too, when a friend who weighs almost the same as me loses the same as me without exercising. It's great but I know it's good for me and I always feel accomplished and proud but I have just shut down lately. It is nice to have this group and feel inspired so I do manage to do SOMETHING but that's all I seem to have the energy/motivation for. :( I do think that the next couple of weeks will see me back at it again but I know it'll be a battle to come back to the exercise, get back under my calories, stop the booze, find some energy. /end whine
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/05/todays-workout/ <-- Hard workout, but it's awesome!

Yes, I'm a fellow bodyrocker! I don't do it too often, but I love her. She kicks my butt.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies, this week's challenge is over so that means that those that did not complete the challenge/did not respond to my PM will be out of the group. The new group is as follows:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashely
    -Maxie
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah
    -Jenny (but she might not be on for a few days, she's renovating her house)

Maxie, please adjust the banner and give us the link for the new one!

As for this week's challenge, we are going to try something new....

GROUP CHALLENGE!
    I'm going to divide you all into two groups and we're having a calories burned challenge! You will record you cals burned every day, I will keep track, and since there is an uneven amount of people on each team, we will take an average at the end of the week. I will be tallying at 8 p.m. my time next Sunday, so make sure everything is in by then. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask/message me!

Groups are as follows:

Team Skinny:
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

Team Dipper:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashley
    -Maxie

The challenge starts tomorrow, so finish your abs for today and start tomorrow!
    Good luck all & happy Sunday!
    :heart:
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Alright ladies, this week's challenge is over so that means that those that did not complete the challenge/did not respond to my PM will be out of the group. The new group is as follows:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashely
    -Maxie
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

GROUP CHALLENGE!
    I'm going to divide you all into two groups and we're having a calories burned challenge! You will record you cals burned every day, I will keep track, and since there is an uneven amount of people on each team, we will take an average at the end of the week. I will be tallying at 8 p.m. my time next Sunday, so make sure everything is in by then. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask/message me!

Groups are as follows:

Team Skinny:
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

Team Dipper:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashley
    -Maxie

OH MY. This will be fun!! I will try to kick my own *kitten* for the Team Dipper!! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    While I am not the crazy work out rockstars you guys are, I promise to do something each day!!

(what's funny is that my first thought was "oh no!!! I am so going to bring my team down since I don't exercise nearly as much as they do!!!" While not untrue, I obviously still have to work on the fat chick mentality.)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    While I am not the crazy work out rockstars you guys are, I promise to do something each day!!

(what's funny is that my first thought was "oh no!!! I am so going to bring my team down since I don't exercise nearly as much as they do!!!" While not untrue, I obviously still have to work on the fat chick mentality.)

Let this just be a fun reason to work your butt off more! I don't work out nearly as much as I should, but this is gonna motivate me to do so :) Good luck!! You can do it!!!
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge for this week!! Lets go Team Dipper!!! :DDD
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashely
    -Maxie
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

GROUP CHALLENGE!

Groups are as follows:

Team Skinny:
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

Team Dipper:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashley
    -Maxie

I am so excited for the new challenge!! I'm going to make a point to work extra hard this week so I don't let anyone down! I am so glad I completed the abs challenge, and I love the little 8 minute ab workout that I think I'm going to continue doing it! :)
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Wow! I was confused there for a minute!! I had tried posting a couple times in the other forum but couldn't...fortunately I thought of looking on someones profile page and found that they'd posted in this new forum!! Whew!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Team skinny we are going to kick butt :happy:

My goal is to try to burn at least 800 calories a day.
    Do we just post the team and the calories?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was confused there for a minute!! I had tried posting a couple times in the other forum but couldn't...fortunately I thought of looking on someones profile page and found that they'd posted in this new forum!! Whew!!

Me too! I hade to search the topics for what to do next :laugh:
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Haha, me too! I kept checking the old thread and was wondering where everybody was!
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashely
    -Maxie
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

GROUP CHALLENGE!

Groups are as follows:

Team Skinny:
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Melanie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

Team Dipper:
    -Alex
    -Amanda
    -Martina
    -Sam
    -Ashley
    -Maxie

Yay, super excited for this weeks challenge!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of the group challenge ladies! Just post your cals burned and I will keep track in a spreadsheet that I made. My plan for today is to do yoga and zumba, pulling a double for team dipper!

Have fun and good luck ladies!
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    I just looked back on my history since I joined MFP and my highest week for cal burned was 1490. I'm hoping to beat that , but it is going to be really difficult because I have so much going on this week.
  • fosterr8
    Options
    Team skinny we are going to kick butt :happy:

My goal is to try to burn at least 800 calories a day.
    Do we just post the team and the calories?

We are definitely going to kick butt!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Team Dippers!!! Burned 546 calories today!!! I will try to up this tomorrow. Man, oh man. Even that was a stretch for me.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Team Dippers... wow, you ladies are in luck! I actually have double workouts slotted for every day the rest o' the week as I'm off until Saturday so... GO US!! WOO HOO! Hope everyone has an awesome, awesome week of workouts and thanks so much Alex for organizing and keeping track of this!
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    594 cals burnt for team dippers!!!!! Go us :)