15 grams of sugar a day! IT WORKS!

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    I am so sorry you are taking such a hit on this. people are ruthless. AND some people just dont' understand that it takes something different for everyone. IF i was to drink beer and eat mcdonalds' and still maintain my 1200 calories/ day it wouldn't work, i would gain weight. I give kudos to those that can do that, that's great. but, if my diet isn't clean or has much sugar in it at all i am bloated and HUGE... no weight loss. and I can easily gain or lose 5 lbs in one day based solely on the TYPE of food i'm eating.... it is stupid and annoying.... but, it is what it is and they can call it water all they want, but there is more than meets the eye in there :) anyway, thankyou for sharing!
  • The caveat in this all is that the article states "If you have been counting calories and it has not been working..."

"... then you're doing it wrong."
    I am not for or against this. However, I do know whether you are counting calories or in this case counting sugar, eventually it will lead to you making better decisions when it comes to your daily eating lifestyle. Hopefully, all of the changes will be positive changes and you live a longer, healthier and more active life by doing so.
  • hopebuck
    The caveat in this all is that the article states "If you have been counting calories and it has not been working..."

NOPE...not true... different bodies respond to different things.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    IF i was to drink beer and eat mcdonalds' and still maintain my 1200 calories/ day it wouldn't work, i would gain weight.

No, you would maintain weight if you measured accurately to 1200 calories.
  • Not really. Barring some sort of medical condition like a thyroid problem or metabolic syndrome, the vast majority of people respond the same to calorie restriction. Most people implement it poorly.
    The caveat in this all is that the article states "If you have been counting calories and it has not been working..."

• dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    I absolutley congrats to you on living on foods that's REAL! IT's truely amazing how many people attack others success because they don't agree! I've found that everyone has different things they're body needs in how to lose, main their healthy weight. I know me personally all these attacks on your choice is because of pride. Why can't people just congrats you and move along. Maybe even learn a thing or two maybe...or maybe not. There's know need to attack her. She feels good and loves it!! I also heard someone write on another post once that "I find it such an oxymoron when someone goes shares about their success on going Primal, Paleo, Low carb whatever you want to call it and they throw at you " is this really sustainable for the long term lifestyle?" Well I think this applys to any diet your on. I can say with about 100% certainty that anybody on a diet that is lowfat is not going to be able to sustain it for life....COME ON......so many people do low fat....they're starving all the time and as soon as they start upping their calories boom the weights back on.....it's not a matter of beign on a diet....it's a matter of what makes YOUR body feel amazing...IT's about discovering what the needs of your body are? Do you feel satisfied in your food chocies or are you cravings and thinking about food all the time? by making whole food choices, it's easy to do.....so what ever diet your doing, if your starving all the time, your not getting enough good fats.....your eating too many carbs ( processed sugars and starches).......(spikes insulin which caused the cravings)......This is just food 101. Most people either just don't understand or wont even go there. It's a matter of just being open minded and respectful of every human being......!!! I switched from the Lowfat high carb diet FDA recommended to going Primal in August and I will never go back....I love it....i've never felt better in my life!! Congrats to you Girl and all the haters out there will always be out there.....there are many support groups on here for Primal, Paleo, Atkins Southbeach whatever and you won't believe the support and great recipes, success stories....Thats where i tend to hang because of the too many haters out there! Add me as a friend if you'd like!!! Congrats to YOU!
  • HerpDerp745

Please explain how this is not true. I would like to know where this magical extra mass is coming from if you are accurately counting calories.
  • From what I can tell, the people that are "being negative" are challenging the notion of 15 g of sugar being some magical metabolically superior form of weight loss. To state that there is something metabolically superior is disingenuous and misleading.

No one is unhappy that there has been some success, but to go around touting 4 pounds in a couple of days is pretty meaningless by itself. I can lose 4 pounds in 2 hours going for a jog. This isn't FAT loss, this is FLUID loss. We're all here for help losing fat.
  • hopebuck

Please explain how this is not true. I would like to know where this magical extra mass is coming from if you are accurately counting calories.

see my post above.... I can NOT count calories and lose weight. I CAN eat healthy and cut sugar out and lose weight. my body reacts to the TYPES of foods, NOT the calories. GRANTED...i am not at all saying I can eat all i want all day long as long as it is healthy b/c i will gain then as well. but, i am saying that if i eat healthy, every 2-3 hours, NO EMPTY calories then i will lose weight. and i can even eat more calories, just not a crap ton of them. it sucks. I wish i was the one that could eat mcdonalds or crap and still lose weight even at 1200 calories or so, but i can't.... it's weird.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I am so sorry you are taking such a hit on this. people are ruthless. AND some people just dont' understand that it takes something different for everyone. IF i was to drink beer and eat mcdonalds' and still maintain my 1200 calories/ day it wouldn't work, i would gain weight. I give kudos to those that can do that, that's great. but, if my diet isn't clean or has much sugar in it at all i am bloated and HUGE... no weight loss. and I can easily gain or lose 5 lbs in one day based solely on the TYPE of food i'm eating.... it is stupid and annoying.... but, it is what it is and they can call it water all they want, but there is more than meets the eye in there :) anyway, thankyou for sharing!

It's not like I'm living on McDs and Guinness! lol ... I maintain a 12-1300 calorie intake most days, consuming raw foods, lean proteins, and a decent amount of fiber and carbs ... and then when I feel like having a couple of beers or running out for a cheeseburger at lunch, I do. Sometimes I end up eating more like 1700 cals on those days, and sometimes I eat as many as 2000 cals on those day - but that's not how I eat all the time! I enjoy decadent foods in moderation. Which (as I've already stated), will work for the majority of MFP users if they're honest with themselves about what they're actually doing.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member

You can count calories and still not lose. If you eat 1,200 of ONLY junk, brownies, sugar, candy bars, etc it's going to stick around longer than eating 1,200 of healthy natural foods.
  • Incorrect. Nice try though. Google the twinkie diet.

You can count calories and still not lose. If you eat 1,200 of ONLY junk, brownies, sugar, candy bars, etc it's going to stick around longer than eating 1,200 of healthy natural foods.
  • HerpDerp745
    Alright, let's try this.
    I can NOT count calories and lose weight. I CAN eat healthy and cut sugar out and lose weight. my body reacts to the TYPES of foods, NOT the calories.

So by eating 1200 calories worth of McDonald's hamburgers, you would gain more mass than eating say, 1200 calories worth of carrots because it's a 'bad type' of food?
    i am not at all saying I can eat all i want all day long as long as it is healthy b/c i will gain then as well. but, i am saying that if i eat healthy, every 2-3 hours, NO EMPTY calories then i will lose weight. and i can even eat more calories, just not a crap ton of them

I read this 4 times and I have no clue what you're trying to say.
    I wish i was the one that could eat mcdonalds or crap and still lose weight even at 1200 calories or so, but i can't.... it's weird.

My point is you can. You can drink 1200 calories of beer a day (you will lose muscle mass from getting no protein) and not gain weight. I think what you're trying to say is you personally find healthier choice food to fill you up quicker than poorer choices.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    I try not to eat any sugar at all.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    the haters arent worth replying too....it's absolutey going to go no where....THANK YOU for sharing your success.....we all need help and success stories are great to hear......but seriously if someone is just wanted to prove your wrong it's just a battle of NOTHING....I pretty much interact with people that actually want to support, learn and help......unless they ARE ALL KNOWING.. they will always miss out on something that actually might be the greatess lessoned learned in their life.....PEACE
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    From what I can tell, the people that are "being negative" are challenging the notion of 15 g of sugar being some magical metabolically superior form of weight loss. To state that there is something metabolically superior is disingenuous and misleading.

No one is unhappy that there has been some success, but to go around touting 4 pounds in a couple of days is pretty meaningless by itself. I can lose 4 pounds in 2 hours going for a jog. This isn't FAT loss, this is FLUID loss. We're all here for help losing fat.

^^thank you.
  • HerpDerp745
    the haters arent worth replying too....it's absolutey going to go no where....THANK YOU for sharing your success.....we all need help and success stories are great to hear......but seriously if someone is just wanted to prove your wrong it's just a battle of NOTHING....I pretty much interact with people that actually want to support, learn and help......unless they ARE ALL KNOWING.. they will always miss out on something that actually might be the greatess lessoned learned in their life.....PEACE

This is a food and nutrition forum to... you know... discuss food and nutrition? If anything, it should motivate people to investigate and do their own research. So in those regards, it is going somewhere.

Nobody is hating on anything she said. I have a serious issue with some of the advice posted on this thread because it contradicts 100+ years of nutritional study. Also, I have no clue how this became a life lesson thread. I think it's also safe to assume the greatest lesson in life won't be learned on myfitnesspal.com.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Calories are what matters, not the food type when it comes to weight loss.

Your body does not understand the difference between a 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup veggies, and 1 cup of brown rice versus 1 slice of pepperoni pizza. It understands proteins, carbs, fats as well as TDEE vs Calorie Intake.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I saw a ripped dude driving a Mercedes. Therefore, if you drive a Mercedes you will get ripped, right? :tongue:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I saw a ripped dude driving a Mercedes. Therefore, if you drive a Mercedes you will get ripped, right? :tongue:
    This.