What do you think about when exercising....

Options
For me, I get onto the machine, turn on my music and start going... the whole time picturing the the person i could be, the person i should be, and the person i am going to be...

What do you think about?

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I generally just listen to music, it makes me want to exercise more...
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is really terrible, but if I'm honest, I'm thinking about how much I hate exercise or I'm so f*ing fat!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I people watch when doing weights and zone out and watch the tv during cardio. The gym walls are lined with them in the cardio section so there is plenty of programs to choose from. Judge Judy makes the time fly.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I think about life in general. Things I've done, things I'd like to do...
    Sometimes I just end up thinking about my classes and if I'm up to date on the work =/
    When I work out in the morning I often think about the dreams I had and what they could mean.

I love this idea for a thread!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    some times I zone out...other times I look in the mirror and see my gut jiggling..which makes me work harder.

some times I reflect on work ideas or things I need to make decisions on.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    This is really terrible, but if I'm honest, I'm thinking about how much I hate exercise or I'm so f*ing fat!

Lol this is me!!! I think about the same thing and how much longer do I have to be on this d**** machine!!!!
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

LOL ^^this
    Or I'm cussing Shaun T out. But someone is getting cussed!
  • jbabchak
    Options
    I envision the clothes I want to be able to wear!
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sometimes how much time do I have left doing this thing LOL

Yes, even I dont' want to workout....you can take the fat off the girl but sometimes you have to work at taking the girl out of the fat head LOL

Seriously, I actually listen to music I composed and wrote on my iPOD which totally keeps me feeling like I am in the recording studio working on a project.
  • olivercooper
    Options
    I watch tv and before I know it my time is done!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    lol, this is really bad but I usually listen to an audio recording of one of my class lectures! :P If I'm running, at least I can't fall asleep while listening to it.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Ditto... and "omg am I almost done yettttttt??"
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I try to not think. That's my time to just blank out my mind. I usually have music on or am watching the tv. At the time I go, there is usually an NCIS or CSI or Law and Order: SVU on, so that helps the time go by!
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think about how I used to feel when I was in shape. I flash back through my athletic accomplishments; the big hit/tackle, the goal or kick that won the game...and how in my current shape, I wouldn't physically be able to do that anymore (it drives me to run faster or push harder).

Sometimes I think about being on vacation or at the beach with my shirt off, and feeling proud, instead of embarrassed.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well, when I'm doing cardio, I always read, watch TV or listen to music so that keeps me occupied.

When I'm lifting I'm too busy counting out reps to really think of much.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Me too. Feeling that way right now and just wanting to go home and sleep and NOT exercise. I'm being hateful today and this sidebar ad of Jillian is making me want to rip off the finger she is pointing at me..
  • Kiml4006
    Options
    I enjoy listening to Enigma or Enya. Visioning myself running in the rainforest and getting lost in another world! Those Indian chants in the back ground really get's me going!! So much heartache and suffering.......but in the end it brings peace. Weird but...it get's me moving!!!
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Me too. Feeling that way right now and just wanting to go home and sleep and NOT exercise. I'm being hateful today and this sidebar ad of Jillian is making me want to rip off the finger she is pointing at me..

LOL.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm focused on doing the exercise correctly so I get the full benefits of doing it and don't get injured. Also, I'm trying to think that I'm having fun or at least getting healthier and stronger. This motivates me. AND if we're being honest... I am thinking the people in the best shape sometimes look as silly as me and that thought puts a smile on my face :happy:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I think about the skinny me hiding under this fat!

Or...honestly, when I turn on the music I pretend I'm in a music video for fitness or something ridiculous!! :) Pffft. Nerdy I know!