40+ Club: Fall Fitness Fanatics

Options

Replies

• mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I have been looking for a 40+ group! So glad I found one. My name is Tina and I am a 41 year old mother of 2 boys (13 and 9). I am a full time student/full time wife/full time mom and very very busy. I have about 10 lbs till my goal weight and hope to get there within the next few months! BTW, I am from Sunny Southern California!

~Tina :happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly and Tina. I do not have time to post here today. Too much work to be done. Will be back later.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Terri and I am 45 years old, happily married for 16 yrs, we have five amazing children and I am looking to lose about 15 pounds. So, what does this thread usually do? Are there challenges, or discussions on anything in-particular? I am just curious so I can get up to speed. Thanks, and I look forward meeting all of you.

Terri
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Terri. I have just about the same amount of weight to get rid of. So, hopefully we can help each other. I am finding it very hard to get rid of these last few. This thread is full of wonderful people who will become friends with you as you get to know us and we you. We usually post what is going on in our lives and yes, how our weight lose is going. We share ideas and exercise tips. So, just jump right in. I hope that you find encouragement here and are able to rid yourself of those last 15 pounds.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well it has been a productive week. We found a nice rental for my brother. They move in on Monday. We have someone interested in buying one of the places in Nevada, let's just pray they can come up with the funding. And my dog is fully recovered without having any surgery. Thank goodness.

Tonight I am headingnout for Nevada as usual. Hopefully itbwontbtake long to bet the next place done but we do have to file paperworkntonevict someone from another rental. At least nevadas laws are awesomenwhen it comes to that. In California it can take 6+ months to get someone out.

My weight is holding steady hoping to drop at least a pound by next Friday. Wish me luck.
  • tron3002
    Options
    Hahaha! I just read my post. Accidentally hit a letter instead of the space bar. Ooops
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    So Ive been hacked...someone violated me and used three debit and credit cards of mine. Im stressing. The process with the banks and online companies are brutal.

Hope everyone is well....be safe....
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Oh no, LadyPersia...I am so sorry that this happened to you. I think that one of my daughters and myself have been hacked last week but they didn't get any card numbers. They just began posting stupid stuff and made them look like we were posting them. I hope that you get this all straightened out.

Hahaha! I just read my post. Accidentally hit a letter instead of the space bar. Ooops
    tron...it is funny.:laugh:

I get to sign up for the next session at the YMCA tonight. Going to make my daughter join me. Wish me luck.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Sorry I've been absent for a few days, but things were a bit hectic around here. Not too much going on, just trying to maintain and lose a few lbs of fat... a constant struggle to say the least! Night shift is going ok, but I am tired most of the time, and exercise feels like a chore when you are tired.

Have a great day!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    sing, no problem with you being too busy to be here much...but, we do miss you. I am sure that you are aware that not getting enough sleep can hurt our efforts to lose weight. I find myself guilty of that.

I registered for three classes at the YMCA. Two of them my daughter is going to go to also. Two Strength classes and week and two Zumba classes. I also registered for a spinning class on Saturday mornings at 8:00. Daughter said no to that one.:laugh:
  • Texssippian
    Options
    Hi all! I have been very busy as has everyone else. I started a spinning class last Saturday and am on my second round of classes for cycle/yoga. It is about to be very busy season for me at work (won't slow down until mid-March) but I hope to have time off around the holidays. I am traveling quite a bit the next two weeks (four days in Chicago and then four days in Mississippi). Holiday hubs is gearng up for Halloween! Take care all. TxMs

Is anyone else having trouble getting kicked off the site? It took four times to get on...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: I have missed all of you!!!! I've sort of survived my reunion with my siblings. :laugh: :laugh: I am sooooo tired. And I think my defenses are down because I feel like getting a little sick . Drinking lots of water! They are gone now, my parents are still here. They come to my house tonight and stay until next Wed morning. We've had a great time! Actually too much fun!!! hahaha My husband's 50th birthday bash was great. We still have leftover food. :noway:

So sorry dont have time to respond to everyone's posts. Welcome to the newcomers, I noticed some new faces. :drinker: :drinker:

LadyPersia, I read about the hackers. Sorry to hear! We had something similar this past summer but just with our credit card, thank God. So our bank issued a new one and gave us the credit. We usually dont use our debit card, too risky. The hackers also cashed in our rewards for a total of $500!!! We also got that back as well. It is becoming crazier than ever out there, stay safe!!!!

Have a great one!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Am I missing the start of a new thread? I see that the last post here was yesterday afternoon.

:flowerforyou: TxMs, I am starting a spinning class on Saturday mornings at 8:00. But, I am sure that you saw that already. I am hoping that at that time of day, on the weekend, it will not be very crowded. I seem to be having trouble getting my messages and replies sent on this site today. Are you experiencing that also?
  • tron3002
    Options
    I have been extremely stressed and feel like everything is out of my control.

The dog ate a piece of chicken breast and is coughing all the time acting like it's stuck in his throat. I was up all night researching this, which only makes things worse because you read about everyones horror stories. He's eaten a small amount of watered down dog food twice and has kept it down but every time he gets up he starts coughing again.

My husband is mad at me because we differ on how we should handle the property tax issues we are looking at facing this year. Money issues are never good.

Just money issues in general. I applied to get a job that actually pays me but no luck yet. I know I can't do both (the rentals, cleaning, book work, etc.) and that will just make the hubby upset but this recession has really hit us hard and I hate not being in control. I've always been the one to save up all year and have cash for Christmas and property taxes. Now I don't have either.

I know this isn't weight related and I apologize. I just feel like everything is falling apart all around me and I don't have a way to fix it.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: tron, I think that this is a weight issue. You are under so much stress that you can't possibly be eating right. Plus, stress can cause us to not lose weight. Maybe some extra exercising can help relieve some of it? How old is your dog? The cough may be due to other things and not the chicken. Please try to calm down. We are here for you.:heart:
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    morning! glad i found this!!
  • spacicca
    Options
    I'm new to the website but one and a half weeks into it I love it. I never realized how many hidden calories I was eating everyday. Making easy adjustments for this to be a life long commitment. I was looking for a board to chat with or email encouragement back and forth. Have a wonderful day!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome spacicca and maemiller. I am glad to see new people at the thread. Please post all you want. I hope that you find the encouragement and support to help you. If you like, you may request my friendship.
  • tron3002
    Options
    Swiss... Thanks for your encouraging words. I was lookIng at my dogs symptoms again and I think he caught kennel cough from being at the vet. I think he swallowed the chicken weird because of a sore throat. YouTube is great for actually seeing how other dogs act so you can compare it to your dogs. If he doesn't get better soon or starts to act worse I'll take him to the vet. Right now I'm just waiting it out, why pay the vet to tell me he's sick and give him some cough syrup.

My brother moved into his rental on Monday. He seems to really like it up here in Northern California. But he hasn't experienced the snow yet. We will see how much they like it after the winter. To me, it's not a big deal but it's not for everyone. He told me that he and his wife are gonna try for another baby. That would be exciting if they are able to have one.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Julie, I asked about your dog's age because I know that sometimes a cough can be due to a heart problem. Not saying that your dog has one but it was just a thought. I had an old dog who did cough because of her heart and my mom developed a cough with her heart problems. Hey, can you tell me what the significance of the "3002" after tron? I have a reason to ask this.

Next Monday begins the new session of classes at the YMCA. I am really looking forward to them. I have come to realize that unless I get to the Y at least five days a week, I do not stay healthy. We really need a lot more exercise as we age.:drinker: