What do you think about when exercising....

Options
12346»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I try to zone out and think of anything but what I'm doing....I really like listening to audio books, or lately netflix on my phone... Anything that keeps my mind from thinking "oh god, I've only been at this 20 minutes, and I still have 40 to go".....
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic :bigsmile:

When I'm in Tae Kwon Do class, I'm thinking about getting my arms and legs in the correct positions for the patterns, strikes and blocks I'm supposed to be doing, or focused on what the instructor is asking me (and the rest of the class) to do.

On my own, doing a DVD at home I'm clock-watching wondering why am I putting myself through this, hating it and at the same time trying to push through the negative thinking because I know that I need to do this to get fitter, lose the weight and get down to the dress size I want to be
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    usually it's just about anything... Lately I stare at the mirror and repeat to myself, "Don't you stop, keep going" "You can do this" - Your not stopping...
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I chant mentally "There's only x minutes left, you can do it" over and over again...until I'm within the last five minutes, and then I'm practically counting down in anticipation for the end.
  • amcarey4783
    amcarey4783 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I listen to my music while running at the local track and think that wow this is a good song with a good beat i can do this... Then i think one day i will be thin if i just keep this up.... After i notice someone else running on the track and if its a skinny girl i think damn that skinny B**ch Shes got it all nice body good form so then i try to run like here and catch myself before i trip and fall on my face because i have no cordination for that kind of running.. and maybe ill stick to what i was doing before.........................
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This is really terrible, but if I'm honest, I'm thinking about how much I hate exercise or I'm so f*ing fat!

THIS! Especially if it's a machine or free weights. When I am running in the park, I zone out.
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    whoa today it was breathe, relax, breathe... dont vomit..breathe, relax LOL!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I people watch when doing weights and zone out and watch the tv during cardio.

People watch is my choice...there are some great looking guys in the weight section everyday, at the same time I happen to be there. It's an amazing turn on to watch a guy lift as much as you weigh...yeah, makes the time go by very quickly :wink:
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think about how stupid I must look and if I'm going to have enough time to call 911 when I have a heart attack!
  • polarcubby
    Options
    Lately I've been thinking about how my butt jiggles when I run; it's really distracting and requires a lot of analysis.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Conquering my greatest enemy (my fat self)
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Lately I've been doing lots of group fitness classes...If it's spin class I think about what the hell the trainer's going to make me do next! Kickboxing I think about whoever angered me that day...I usually hit harder!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm thingking, "I hate Little Debbie she done turned me into Big Debra!" And I don't ever want to see another cupcake ever again!
  • tms0926
    tms0926 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    People watch is my choice...there are some great looking guys in the weight section everyday, at the same time I happen to be there. It's an amazing turn on to watch a guy lift as much as you weigh...yeah, makes the time go by very quickly :wink:
    [/quote]

Exactly! I also like to imagine they are watching me too so it makes me work even harder which makes the time fly by....
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    a good thing to help you in those last couple of reps is to think about someone you care about is gonna die if you don't lift that weight one more time (as if you were saving them), i heard this from someone else and it helps!
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not passing out. ;-)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic :bigsmile:

When I'm in Tae Kwon Do class, I'm thinking about getting my arms and legs in the correct positions for the patterns, strikes and blocks I'm supposed to be doing, or focused on what the instructor is asking me (and the rest of the class) to do.

On my own, doing a DVD at home I'm clock-watching wondering why am I putting myself through this, hating it and at the same time trying to push through the negative thinking because I know that I need to do this to get fitter, lose the weight and get down to the dress size I want to be

Ditto. I take a tae kwon do class once a week and the time flies by. I'm totally focused on punching with the correct arm or how far apart my feet should be, etc.

If I'm out jogging/walking, I'm listening to my music and thinking how where I feel the burn, how my shoes (kinda on the new side) feel, really 'listening' to my body.

If I'm indoors, I'm totally clock-watching and resisting hitting the pause button.

I guess from this, it's best for me to get out and walk, because there's no pause button. If I wanna get home to relax, I gotta keep moving!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just listen to my music and concentrate on not busting out dancing lol. I know it sounds funny, but even when I am on the elliptical, I get the urge to tap my hands to the music, get the hips going or start singing or something hahaha.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Love this topic!

When I run I crank my music to try to drown out thoughts of the stuff that is bothering me...I run outside. I try NOT to think about my STBX and all of the lies he is telling. I try NOT to think about the negative stuff in my life. I try NOT to think about how mad it makes me that my STBX wants to take credit for my weight loss and new fitness!

I have a lot of anthem type songs to get me through this time in my life: I Am Woman, Fighter, Run the World...stuff like that. Also once in awhile I Won't Back Down comes on and fires me up.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Not passing out. ;-)

Me too. I usually focus on my breathing and how tired my muscles are. I push them as hard as I can until I think I'm going to collapse.

I also listen to music and think about the song I'm listening to. That's a nice distraction sometimes.