Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Gosh, what's with the bacon obsessions?

Bacon is AWESOME!

Eh, it's okay. I like it occasionally. But this thread makes it seem as if it's a necessity.

It's a necessity for me. Any foods with SFA's are a necessity for me, Bcatts. ;-)

OIC Even if greasy foods didn't give me GI problems, it's too high in sodium and nitrates for me to eat often, but whatever works for you.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Can't we do this bobby-fisher chess style, where we all know what the various responses in the "carb discussions" are going to be before they happen and just nod pleasantly
    Check.
    And... mate.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Can't we do this bobby-fisher chess style, where we all know what the various responses in the "carb discussions" are going to be before they happen and just nod pleasantly

Will there be one of those clocks we can slap when our turn is over?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Show me on the doll where the bread touched you.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
    [/quote]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Will there be one of those clocks we can slap when our turn is over?

We can get you clock if you need a transitional object, but the point is that there are no actual turns :)
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hint from my Mom, sift a little flour over uncooked bacon, both sides, roast in a roasting pan at 400º for 10 or so minutes...the fat drips down into the pan and the flour not only keeps the bacon from spattering but also gives the bacon a wonderful texture.
    Makes for a great BLT

I'll definitely have to try that. Thanks
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Replace carbs with protein. Protein is like wood: you can use it to fuel a fire, you can also use it to build a house. Your muscles need the protein to repair themselves when you exercise. But also, the chemical reaction that burns fat requires protein (it's roughly 3 parts fat to 1 part protein). So eating plenty of protein helps protect your muscles and maximize your fat-burning.

Carbs to avoid: the short answer is: sugars & grains & starches.
    And BTW, corn is a grain, not a vegetable, so avoid corn meal, corn syrup, etc.
    If you feel like you must eat carbs, make it natural sugars (fruits) and whole grains with lots of fiber. A good rule of thumb for a beginner is: avoid anything white. White flour, white sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, pasta.
    Look for higher-protein, lower-carb veggies. Spinach, kale, leafy greens, mushrooms, asparagus, squash, sprouts.

Good higher-protein snacks: hard-boiled eggs, cheese cubes / wedges, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beef jerky, a handful of almonds, some peanut butter on celery.

Good luck to you!

AHAHAHAHAHA
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I could eat an entire package of the Smithfield Double-Thick Cut Bacon right now. Mmmmm...

There are 3 things I cannot do without.

1. Bacon (and lots of it)
    2. Chocolate Milk
    3. Peanut Butter

If you take any of those away from me, you better be packing heavy artillery in your defense. ;-)

Ditto for me on the peanut butter!

I used to feel the same way about chocolate milk, but I gave it up two years ago and have yet to have sip since! To be honest, I don't miss it all that much!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

literally just busted out laughing.:laugh:
    You made my day.

(and I love the "please don't die/ No Bacon" pic):happy:
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Um, hello, the original poster's question was how to reduce her carbs! Answering the question thoroughly is cause for ridicule? Nice.
  • nikki_fro
    nikki_fro Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ermmmmm thanks!