.Thin By Thanksgiving. *closed group*

Options

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    SW: 131
    CW: 130

Scale finally moved! I'm heading away on vacation this weekend, so I won't be weighing in next week to save my sanity.

Goals for the week are to work out HARD and stay under on calories each day until we leave. I'll have to get on training pretty hard for the 5k adventure race when I return, so hopefully I'll be able to undo the vacation damage pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Good morning "Thin by Thanksgiving" ladies. We are on week 8 of this challenge...6 more weeks to go. I am not sure about the rest of you, by I am please with my progress so far. With today's weigh in, I have lost 7 pounds so far...not quite a pound a week, but good enough. Is everyone else happy with the results they have seen so far?

Since we only have 6 weeks left, I think we should up the challenge each week...what do you all think? We can do something like doing 100 crunches every day this week (or more if you need more of a challenge).
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So I didn't do really great this weekend. Geez work ends on Friday and I relax a little too much!

But I am down today, so I am happy.

LW: 157.8
    CW: 157.0

Weekly goals:
    1) Work out 5 days
    2) Stay under calories
    3) Get at least 8 glasses of water a day

Let's do it!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    A new week :) Didn't really do much last week because i was so busy and stressed over my school work.
    This week I plan to get back in the groove.

Fitness Goals:
    Week 7 C25k
    Zumba x3
    Stretching x6

Nutrition Goal:
    Take Vitamins Daily
    Drink More Water
    Stay Under or at 1900 calories
    Eat More Fiber

On a side unrealted note, I am due for flo in 4 days, I'm am hoping she doesn't show so please say a little prayer :)
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

So sorry I have been MIA...I was away for a long weekend and my boys schedules have been very busy. I am getting back into it today. My goal is to stick close to calorie goals and gets lots of exercise this week. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    Hello,

How is eveyone doing? Still hanging in there?

I haven't weighed in because my weight has been at standstill. I am too lax on the weekends with my diet. I need to plan my weekends out a little bit better-I've been so busy.
  • Creiche
    Options
    Just got back from vacation...had an amazing time, but ready to get back on track and work out. I'm up 4 lbs, but I'm pretty sure a couple of them are water weight. It's scary to think that how I ate this weekend used to be the "norm" a year ago, and I'm looking forward to lots of veggies today and a good run tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to say hi and I'm still here...on vacation and having lots of fun. Logging lots of walking - not sure but I'm think I'm burning extra calories - alot of the walking is in knee deep water. :)

Anyway - I'll be home in time for weigh-in next Monday!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Haven't checked in for awhile. Crazy busy with my class and this next class doesn't look like it is going to be any slower. I will try to post as much as I can though. I am not weighing in anymore. 2 reason: I do not have a sca le anymore and I have reached my first goal weight. Anyways lets see this week my goals are

1. Eat 1800 or less calories a day
    2 Drink at least 9 cups of water a day
    3 Stay awake after my hubby leaves for work in the morning. (Which is early; 4 or 5am depending on what time he has to be at work)
    4 Do 45 mins of Zumba Monday-Friday
    5 C25k Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
    6 Sit ups, crunches, push ups, mountain climbers, lunges, squats Monday-Sunday
    7 Walk 30 mins Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

Good luck this week to all you lovely ladies!
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    Hi, just checking in..

I have been working out hard and I am slightly down...about a lb.

My goals are to keep tracking and drinking my water and continuing with my workouts. Maybe take a rest day later this week.
  • bjclaywell
    Options
    Weigh in/Check in - 188.8 this morning. I'm down, but I don't know how much (1 pound according to MFP). I'm happy about it too, as I was just on a week's vacation where I did NOT log my food very well...AND - right in the middle of TOM. :happy:

Getting back on the bandwagon today, tho - need to work out 5 days a week - got to increase the cardio. My weight loss has slowed down dramatically and I'm disappointed by that, so I need to boost it up...

And as per the usual - MORE WATER!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    156 this morning! I'm going in the wrong direction. But last week I didn't do any shopping and I ate out every day. So I went shopping yesterday and I'm cooking this entire week! I better too because I spent a good dollar at Trader Joes!

I hope to have a better check it this week!
  • Creiche
    Options
    Looks like I gained about 2 lbs on vacation, which is actually less than I thought I would. I'm now battling an annoying head/chest cold that kept me from working out at all over the weekend, so my only goal this week is to get better in time for my zombie 5K obstacle course run on Saturday. I hope to feel good enough to get some workouts in before the weekend so I'm not going into the race "cold", but I'll just settle for not hacking up a lung the first 1/4 mile on Saturday.

Once I return from DC for the race, I can really settle back into things and finish this challenge strong! Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    trying to find the motivation to walk and do zumba today . . . I have been up since about 4:30 and have no engery and no will to do anything **sigh**

Hope all you lovely ladies are well and doing great with your goals :)
  • bjclaywell
    Options
    Hey all - is anybody still posting? :ohwell: Not been much activity lately...
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    It looks like our group is dying out :sad: I am not sure who is still here. Maybe we can have a roll-call/check-in?

I have been hovering around the same weight but I am sure its because my weekends are not good in the eating department. I do well with the structured schedule of my workweek but the weekends are another story. I need to work on that to get my weightloss going.
  • bjclaywell
    Options
    My weight loss is leveled out for the time being - major bummer. I'm going to up my cardio and try to get back in the swing of things. I kind of stopped being so diligent when I went on vacation in August, and then I just went on vacation again - time to get back on the horse! :)

I also need to eat better. I'm eating too much processed food and not enough veggies, etc.

On a positive note, I'm drinking plenty of water!
  • Creiche
    Options
    I've also hovered around the same weight the last month or so, which I consider a major victory given that I've had two "vacations" out of town (though one involved a 5K adventure race).

I'm looking forward to focusing on exercise more now that I've licked this head/chest cold, though I will miss running outside as often as I was...I don't trust myself on ice and snow. :) Not too much time left before Thanksgiving, but I'm going to lose as much as I can by then!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • BeachGurl815
    Options
    Im going to try my best to plan my meals & stay on target this weekend. I am taking off from the gym tonight. Feeling like I live there lately. Tomrrow I will try to make spin class in the morning depending on my sons soccer game start time and if the weather holds out also. On Sunday, maybe I will just do a dvd workout or if I am feeling it I will get in another spin class.
  • bjclaywell
    Options
    I'm trying spin with my trainer tomorrow morning for the first time...I'm a little intimidated by the spin bikes...so we'll see how it goes.

I re-injured my rotator cuff problem lifting last night...so that's not good. But - I've been to the gym every day this week for cardio, and it's the first time in months I've done that.

Oh, and wish my daughter and I luck...tonight we dress as zombies and do the "Thrill Around The World" group dance to Thriller! Our costumes are awesome...mine is out drying in the back yard where my supposed blood feast dripped down the front!

Happy Halloween!