Motivated Momma's Week 5 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options

My purpose is to use my artistic and creative thinking to teach dance and inspire the poor (those who cannot afford) and mentally challenged kids to lead a better life, connect them with the real world and thus taking a first step towards my perfect world.

Sorry if I didnt get that right, I am really bad at these i guess.. :-( But tried my best..lol..It was a real tough one for me..

Looks awesome! Sounds SOOO inspiring!!
  • daisyelaine
    Options

SO....My purpose in life is to use my humor and nurturing nature to make people smile, and feel safe, so they can live in a world free of hate and judgement.

I love that you took extra time with this though.. it shows that you really thought about what makes you the awesome you you are!! ;)Looks good!!
  • daisyelaine
    Options

My purpose is to use my loyalty and ability to be a great listener to help people with whatever troubles them, which will then allow them to treat others kindly and make the world a peaceful place for everyone.

**Not sure if I did the emotional part correctly, but I tried :)

Can I live in your world? ;) Looks perfect. You did a great job of expressing yourself!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies: It's time to vote on our favorite On the Go Snack/Recipe Idea! For conveinence sake I've compiled all the recipes submitted in this post:

1) Submitted by bella_babe_86
    "I dont really make anything that we bring along on trips, exactly. I just throw cheerios, raisins, dark chocolate chips and chopped up nature valley granola bars and slivered almonds into ziplock bags. Im always buying these kinds of things along with dehydrated fruits because they are low in calories, healthy and really keep your energy up when you are on the go! Not quite sure of the exact nutritional count because im personally not a snacker but its really keeps my little guy happy! "

2) Submitted but Mom2caelebncasyns
    "My to-go recipe is actually oatmeal waffles. Most people wouldn't consider it an item that you'd take to go with you, but we're strange like that, so we put peanut butter on top and eat them. My husband takes them to work almost every morning and eats them while driving and Caeleb would eat them constantly if I let him. Here's the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-waffles/detail.aspx, but my changes are as follows:

Half whole wheat flour & half all purpose flour
    added Vanilla extract
    added milled flaxseed
    added 2 mashed bananas

*I also omitted salt, eggs, and butter

Before adding peanut butter to the top, they came out to 121 calories per waffle and these are big ones that are more dense (due to the whole wheat flour, so more filling). "

3) Submitted by circusmom
    "PB&J Fruit Roll-up Sandwich
    1 flour tortillas (7 inch)
    1T peanut butter
    1T jam or jelly
    1/2 banana
    strawberries (we leave these out if they are not in season. not good with frozen)
    2T low fat granola

Spread peanut butter over half tortilla, top with jelly.
    Slice bananas and strawberries, place over PB&J. Sprinkle with granola
    Roll burrito style, slice in half.
    Ready to go!! "

4) Submitted by renuhat_82
    "My to go recipe- tortilla wrap

1 egg cooked (any type is fine)
    1 tbsp shredded cheese, diced avacado and tomato
    1 tortilla

Place egg, cheese, avocado and tomato into the tortilla. Wrap as you would a burrito.

Sometimes, its just going to be the leftover veggies and cheese, or only cheese and apple slices.

Oops did someone already give the tortilla wrap kind of thingy, didn't notice that..heheh "

5) submitted by amyelizbradley
    "quick/ easy/ portable snack recipe (1/1)= yes
    Recipe = "Amy's Breakfast Burritos"
    Serv. Size = 1 person
    scrambled egg
    grated low fat mexican cheese
    diced ham (ham steak or lunch meat)
    chopped spinach
    salt & pepper to taste, salsa optional
    - scramble & cook egg in microwave (approx. 1 min.; cover bowl w/ paper towel)
    dice ham & spinach
    - warm tortilla on burner
    - assemble (egg + cheese + ham + spinach + salsa + salt/ pepper), then fold 2 opposite sides over; roll into burrito)
    - spray small skillet with non-stick spray. preheat
    - grill burrito, both side until golden
    - let cool and either vacuum seal (preferred) or freezer ziploc bag
    - they can be reheated in a snap and eaten in the car if in a rush
    Nutrition Info (approx): Cals = 251, Fat = 11 g, Sodium 583 mg, Total Carbs = 26 g, Protein = 14 g"

6) submitted by losinit_4_good
    "Make your own Parfaits!
    1/2 cup non-fat yogurt (any flavor, personally I like blueberry best) add shopped nuts, diced fruit and store in reusable containers. I make a bunch on the weekend and then I have quick easy breakfasts for the week. (I'm eating one right now!) Nutritional info depends on the type of yogurt and toppings you use but mine average about 75 cals per serving."

If I missed anyone please copy and paste this note with your recipe added on (and please accept my apologies!)

Make sure to csat your vote today for your fave recipe idea!!!

I would go with Amy (amyelizbradley)'s recipe
  • renubhat_82
    Options

My purpose is to use my artistic and creative thinking to teach dance and inspire the poor (those who cannot afford) and mentally challenged kids to lead a better life, connect them with the real world and thus taking a first step towards my perfect world.

Sorry if I didnt get that right, I am really bad at these i guess.. :-( But tried my best..lol..It was a real tough one for me..

Looks awesome! Sounds SOOO inspiring!!

I am so glad that I got it right... But yes, one day I want to start a dance school which reflects my purpose..
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Renu, I'm hardly an expert at these but I think you stated your purpose with elegance. Well put!

Thanks Lynda.. I read my post so many times before posting it.. Iol..
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Via Lynda, to add in my recipe..

Ok ladies: It's time to vote on our favorite On the Go Snack/Recipe Idea! For conveinence sake I've compiled all the recipes submitted in this post:

"I dont really make anything that we bring along on trips, exactly. I just throw cheerios, raisins, dark chocolate chips and chopped up nature valley granola bars and slivered almonds into ziplock bags. Im always buying these kinds of things along with dehydrated fruits because they are low in calories, healthy and really keep your energy up when you are on the go! Not quite sure of the exact nutritional count because im personally not a snacker but its really keeps my little guy happy! "

"My to-go recipe is actually oatmeal waffles. Most people wouldn't consider it an item that you'd take to go with you, but we're strange like that, so we put peanut butter on top and eat them. My husband takes them to work almost every morning and eats them while driving and Caeleb would eat them constantly if I let him. Here's the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-waffles/detail.aspx, but my changes are as follows:

added Vanilla extract
    added milled flaxseed
    added 2 mashed bananas

Before adding peanut butter to the top, they came out to 121 calories per waffle and these are big ones that are more dense (due to the whole wheat flour, so more filling). "

1T peanut butter
    1T jam or jelly
    1/2 banana
    strawberries (we leave these out if they are not in season. not good with frozen)
    2T low fat granola

Ready to go!! "

1 tortilla

Place egg, cheese, avocado and tomato into the tortilla. Wrap as you would a burrito.

Sometimes, its just going to be the leftover veggies and cheese, or only cheese and apple slices.

Oops did someone already give the tortilla wrap kind of thingy, didn't notice that..heheh "

Serv. Size = 1 person
    scrambled egg
    chopped spinach
    dice ham & spinach
    - assemble (egg + cheese + ham + spinach + salsa + salt/ pepper), then fold 2 opposite sides over; roll into burrito)
    Nutrition Info (approx): Cals = 251, Fat = 11 g, Sodium 583 mg, Total Carbs = 26 g, Protein = 14 g"

"Make your own Parfaits!
    1/2 cup non-fat yogurt (any flavor, personally I like blueberry best) add shopped nuts, diced fruit and store in reusable containers. I make a bunch on the weekend and then I have quick easy breakfasts for the week. (I'm eating one right now!) Nutritional info depends on the type of yogurt and toppings you use but mine average about 75 cals per serving."

7) submitted by smalltowngirl78
    It's nothing huge... but we LOVE our smoothies!!
    I make them pretty simple--

Whatever frozen fruit you have on hand- I usually end up with
    1/2 c strawberries,
    1/2 blueberries
    1/2 frozen peach

add in 1/2 c fresh baby spinach ( you can be more generous with that-- it gets hidden pretty well!)
    1 banana
    1-2 T ground Flax

In mine, I use 1c milk and 1 scoop protein powder
    for the kids, 1/3-1/2 cup any flavour yogurt and milk ( or juice, if we are low...)

And for Emma, because she loves it, I'll throw in a Tbsp of Peanut butter.

Add more liquid as required, blend 'er all up, and yummo!!!!

If I missed anyone please copy and paste this note with your recipe added on (and please accept my apologies!)

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Via Lynda, to add in my recipe..

added Vanilla extract
    added milled flaxseed
    added 2 mashed bananas

1T peanut butter
    1T jam or jelly
    1/2 banana
    2T low fat granola

Ready to go!! "

1 tortilla

Serv. Size = 1 person
    scrambled egg
    chopped spinach
    dice ham & spinach

"Make your own Parfaits!

7) submitted by smalltowngirl78
    It's nothing huge... but we LOVE our smoothies!!
    I make them pretty simple--

Whatever frozen fruit you have on hand- I usually end up with
    1/2 c strawberries,
    1/2 blueberries
    1/2 frozen peach

add in 1/2 c fresh baby spinach ( you can be more generous with that-- it gets hidden pretty well!)
    1 banana
    1-2 T ground Flax

In mine, I use 1c milk and 1 scoop protein powder
    for the kids, 1/3-1/2 cup any flavour yogurt and milk ( or juice, if we are low...)

And for Emma, because she loves it, I'll throw in a Tbsp of Peanut butter.

Add more liquid as required, blend 'er all up, and yummo!!!!

My vote is for Shawns PBJ fruit roll ups! Love me some peanut butter!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The Life Purpose Exercise:

This exercise was really hard for me, but I just kept coming back to the same answer all week.

My purpose is to use my compassion and leadership qualities to help other women find what there amazing and unique qualities are so they can find there own life purpose, making women strong and self assured.

* This was a really great challenge! I have never mentioned this to the group by I have been talking with a mid-wife in my town and I am going to take a course with her to become a doula, I loved my pregnancy and my delivery so much that I would love to teach women how strong we truly are. So many women are afraid of labour but I want to teach women to release the fear and embrace the beauty of child birth. I had 20 hrs of labour with no medical intervention, yes ladies all natural! It was amazing and empowering!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Week Goal 10 miles Weeks Total- 7.5 Miles:grumble:
    Wednesday- 1.5 miles
    Thursday- 2 Miles
    Friday- 2.5 Miles
    Saturday- 0
    Sunday- 1.5
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I have had a bad week so I didn't complete my goal and I am dissapointed in that!

How would you all feel about doing another mile challenge for our cardio this week? I would love to reach my goal this week!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options

This exercise was really hard for me, but I just kept coming back to the same answer all week.

My purpose is to use my compassion and leadership qualities to help other women find what there amazing and unique qualities are so they can find there own life purpose, making women strong and self assured.

* This was a really great challenge! I have never mentioned this to the group by I have been talking with a mid-wife in my town and I am going to take a course with her to become a doula, I loved my pregnancy and my delivery so much that I would love to teach women how strong we truly are. So many women are afraid of labour but I want to teach women to release the fear and embrace the beauty of child birth. I had 20 hrs of labour with no medical intervention, yes ladies all natural! It was amazing and empowering!

You are amazing! Just thought I'd let you know that ;) I had 2 c-sections (first one emergency and second one planned), but I was terrified of labor and vaginal birth, so I was begging for a c-section when I first found out I was pregnant. I think you would be a WONDERFUL doula :)
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Thank you all for helping with the challenges, they have been awesome!

It is time for a new week, any takers?

Cardio: Mile Challenge???? What do you all think? ( Renu, your challenge rocked!!)

Strength:Amy (mom2caelebncasyn)

Food:

Emotional: ashley

Please paste and copy and thank you all for your ideas!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to do another mile challenge for cardio this week. I usually do a lot of walking, but having a challenge pushed me to do more. I woke up earlier and walked longer/farther than I would have without the challenge. Apparently I need things to push me, LOL.

As for the recipe, I forgot to vote earlier. My vote goes to bella_babe_86.
  • NewLife_11
    Options

You are amazing! Just thought I'd let you know that ;) I had 2 c-sections (first one emergency and second one planned), but I was terrified of labor and vaginal birth, so I was begging for a c-section when I first found out I was pregnant. I think you would be a WONDERFUL doula :)

Thanks Amy!! c-sections are rough! The recovery is pretty hard I have heard, I think the fear of labour just comes from the "unknown" but I would love to prepare women for it because it can truly be an amazing experience, I wanted to add that I did deliver my son at a hospital but made sure they new my birthing plan right away. My next one will be in a birthing center or at home, so excited for that.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great to do another mile challenge! I really enjoyed pushing myself these last couple of days to get my miles in!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I was wondering if there has been any more ladies who have dropped out, I have noticed some of the ladies on the spreadsheet have not been active in the chat forums, so if your partner has been super inactive, send me a msg on my profile and I will do some re-organizing of the pairs. I want all of us to get the support we need and having a buddy system was to give that little bit extra that we all need from time to time. Don't be shy just let me know and I will put the less active people together and maybe pair you up with someone who is a little more supportive.

Karie
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Thank you all for helping with the challenges, they have been awesome!

It is time for a new week, any takers?

Cardio: Mile Challenge???? What do you all think? ( Renu, your challenge rocked!!)

Strength:Amy (mom2caelebncasyn)

Food:

Emotional: ashley

Please paste and copy and thank you all for your ideas!!

Whooo... I loved my challenge too..I am glad that everyone liked it too...yay! I didnt reach my goal by 2 miles. I had plans of doing Leslie walking again today but was busy cooking for the festival.. So I would love to have it for one more week and exceed my goal this time.. What say?? If that is so, we can have it for this week too with a bit of changes..
  • rapitup
    rapitup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I so apoligize ladies it has been 2 ruff weeks for me havent been able to be on here as much as i want to 60 hr work week on top of dealing with postpartum isn't easy at all. Does anyone else or have anyone else dealt with postpartum I need pointers I feel alot better now so hopefully next week will be better
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I so apoligize ladies it has been 2 ruff weeks for me havent been able to be on here as much as i want to 60 hr work week on top of dealing with postpartum isn't easy at all. Does anyone else or have anyone else dealt with postpartum I need pointers I feel alot better now so hopefully next week will be better

My sister had postpartum depression really bad, so I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I had it briefly but didn't last. I am sure going back to work makes it tough too! Don't be to hard on yourself, give yourself a little time and cry if you feel you need too, I know for me it helped. I made sure not to while nursing but if I needed to I would after my Husband came home from work. Your body, mind and spirit have gone through alot recently and you need time to reconnect all 3. Take it one day at a time and if you need to vent please feel free, we are here for you Girl!

Remember this to shall pass and it is amazing that you are working on your health in the process, it shows how amazingly strong you are!

Karie
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I hope I did this right... This was a fun exercise!

THE LIFE PURPOSE EXERCISE

1. List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.
    Good listener and positive attitude.

2. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.

I like to help people by allowing them to talk through their problems or troubles, I also like to find the good in all situations.

3. Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate condition, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.

No one feels judged. Everyone feels accepted, like they belong, are welcomed and wanted and there is a sense of happiness and joy because there is no jealousy or hostility.

4. Combine the three prior subdivisions of this paragraph into a single statement.

EXAMPLE: My purpose is to use my creativity and enthusiasm to
    support and inspire others to freely express their talents in
    a harmonious and loving way.

My purpose is to use my listening skills and positive attitude to help people focus on the positive rather than the negative of situations so they can live a happier and more fulfilling life.