i love my bf but.......

Options

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone really think it's as simple as dump him and move on??

Sure there are emotions and stuff. But hes a bf, not a husband. there arent kids presumably. So yes.... dump him and move on.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options

I agree that's why I suggested to talk to him first to see whats going on, if you love someone it isn't that easy to just dump and move on.
  • kimmykool
    kimmykool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tell him he's being irritable. If it's just a mood and he corrects his behavior, then great. If you see a consistent pattern of this behavior, it may be time to rethink the situation. Strive for overall happiness!! Good luck.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Given the lengthy and detailed description of the situation, I'd think so. What sort of advice are you supposed to give with...I like my boyfriend, but he sucks.

Edited due to lack of proofreading.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A statement like that usually has 2 truths in the long run.

1) It will never get better,no matter how hard you pretend it is.

2) It will only get worse and end a thousand times unhappier then is right now.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    lot of relationship cynics on here.
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Wow, how to make life seem so simple :-)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    lot of relationship cynics on here.

Busted. :bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Ignore him. He also kicks kittens.
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options
    why not sit him down and talk to him? tell him whats bothering you and see what he says then take it from there. But you deserve someone who isn't bothered by you. So like I said talk to him and see what's going on with him.

I agree with this. Maybe he's dealing with something himself and it is coming back on you. At least see if he wants to be with you and is just in a "funk". Tell him how you feel, maybe he doesn't realize he's being such a jerk? If he doesn't care or it doesn't change, then move on
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    OP~ Are you just venting because he pissed you off this morning, or is he really a jerk most of the time and everything you do bothers him?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    there arent kids presumably.
    And why exactly would you make that presumption?
  • oriordanmichelle
    Options
    You need to get out of that relationship. I stuck with someone like that for 2 years even though he treated me like **** and cheated on me. Every time my friends or family would tell me to dump him cause he was hurting me so much i would always reply...."but i love him". But one day i just had enough and i decided that i wasnt gona let him knock my confidence any more and that if i wasnt gona get the respect and love i deserved from him than i would at least give it to myself, so i dumped him. Well i tell ya, after a month or 2 he came crawling back sayin how much he loved me..bla bla bla and asked me to take him back but i told him where to go. When i seen him, i felt nothing but pitty and found him really unattractive cause i finally could see him for what he really was. I guarantee you that even though you might think you love him now, you will be so much happier without him. I promise you. Your better off being alone than with someone who doesnt love you and treats you badly. Hope you find the courage to do what YOU KNOW is right!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Just what I have seen...if anyone knows of a guy that treated a lady like crap and was an *kitten* but got better then good for them.
    I have never heard of one that did so all I can go on.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Just what I have seen...if anyone knows of a guy that treated a lady like crap and was an *kitten* but got better then good for them.

I agree, Carl. When the bell goes off, most people realize they are not really in love with that person, they are really in love with the person they WISH that person was.
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options

I think there are different levels of crap...!
  • SunshineAndLove
    Options

I agree, Carl. When the bell goes off, most people realize they are not really in love with that person, they are really in love with the person they WISH that person was.

Oh good call...
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be cynical here, just honest. It is possible to love someone and still walk away if you're not feeling loved in a relationship. I don't think anyone is foolish enough to say it's easy. It's difficult to stay and work it out if it's not working, it's difficult to make the decision to leave someone behind that you love and move on with your life. My view on it is, why waste your time, your life on someone who isn't on the same page as you. You can try talking but if this is how he is all the time, it's a better use of your time to just move on.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    He's a jerk, but you like his butt? That's a start.
    Seriously? Sounds like a one way street to me...
    It normally is.
    It's not normal for relationships to be a one way street. Not with the right person. Without knowing ALL details, I have to assume that they don't have the same definition of what being nice, respectful, inviting, loving, etc., to each-other means. It's a horrible feeling to feel unappreciated, that's what she's sounding like to me right now.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    There's always another side...but really, it's so much better to be single than be in an unhappy relationship. Evaluate your priorities, talk to him, but don't be afraid to dump him.