Thinner for Thanksgiving! 7 week challenge

Options

Replies

• mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. First full day of my business trip in Florida and I'm trying to be good! But all the food is provided for us, so I'm at the mercy of what they are serving. Overall I think I've done well, but how can I really tell for sure when I'm not making it myself. I have some free time before dinner and the evening festivities, so I'm going to hit the treadmill for a bit (jogged 1.5 miles outside yesterday, which is much different than the treadmill - something I'll have to get used to). Hope my friends in fitness are doing well. I'll talk with you all later!

Dave

Enjoy your trip! I know how it is when it comes to business lunches....hope you will make good choices. Is it nice in FL right now? I miss the sunshine already.
  • mobskee
    Options
    Hope you are having a fun and safe trip so far Dave!!

Today I woke up feeling weird, and it showed at my trainer session. She was pushing me hard and I almost blacked out....oops! So we ended the session early by about 10-15 minutes. I walked to/from the gym so that helped and I think I'll go walking tonight after dinner with my neighbors. I don't know what was up with this morning. I didn't eat breakfast and I know that's a big no-no but I was feeling sick to my stomach so nothing sounded appealing. Doing yesterday's and today's squats in addition to the kettle bell squats I did this morning! Agh! My poor behind!!! LoL hope all of you had/are having a great Monday!

Aloha!

I hope you're okay. Maybe your body was telling you it needs a little rest...hopefully it's just because you din't eat breakfast. Happy Monday!
  • mobskee
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted all week. Thanks for everyone's good wishes! I've been slowly getting better but have had no energy the whole week, and haven't exercised at all since last Saturday. So I did do two days of the mini-challenge before getting sick on Sunday -- those jumping jacks were tough and my legs were really sore! But I did manage to do 3 minutes continuously and did 75 sec of hand/toe planks. Great mini-challenge, Mandy!

Anyway, coping with work this week has been a real struggle (too bad I couldn't put all of the issues on hold until next week!) and I've hardly been online at all. I ended up calling in sick on Tues. and today so that I could get some rest.

My weigh in today was bad -- 136.4 lbs, so I'm almost back to where I started (!36.8 lbs). :ohwell: That's kind of what I expected since I wasn't exercising and have been constantly over my calories as well. I was just feeling pretty miserable the whole week and wasn't motivated.

I still didn't feel up to exercising today, but I'll see if I can find the energy to do the mini-challenge tomorrow. :smile:

I hope you're starting to feel better. Don't push yourself too hard. Sometimes our bodies act tired for a reason and we should listen :happy: Be sure to drink a lot of water
    I also have not been posting or logging...work...work...work. I feel so guilty for not logging or posting but I honestly had no time.
  • mobskee
    Options
    Found some really delicious crackers today that are not too bad for you. Blue Diamond Nut Thins...cheddar cheese flavor. mmm mmm good. 16 crackers 130 calories glutten free and I think they only had 3 grams of fat. Good stuff!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Found some really delicious crackers today that are not too bad for you. Blue Diamond Nut Thins...cheddar cheese flavor. mmm mmm good. 16 crackers 130 calories glutten free and I think they only had 3 grams of fat. Good stuff!

Thanks for this tasty idea I think these will go on my grocery list!!!
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feeling so good today. Had to do two days of squats yesterday to make up for blowing it off (in my weight-gain induced funk!) from Saturday. I did just two sets of 45. Holy smokes - my behind is SERIOUSLY sore from that! Even felt it during my walk this morning. Don't know why but haven't had those rough binge urges the past two days. Thank goodness - hate fighting that! I have held still at 129 since Friday but I am okay with that. Just looking forward and remembering that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. The weight will come off - I know what to do to make it happen. :) I sat down with my calendar last night and mapped out my exercise times during the next three weeks. Sometimes the fact that I am a part-time SAHM and part-time tutor can make it difficult to fit it in. But I have a plan. I am in this game!

@Dave and Kelly - Nice job sneaking in those workouts on the business trips. So proud of you two. Don't know how you run the treadmill, Dave. I call it the "dreadmill" - can ONLY run outdoors!
    @Wimberly - take good care of yourself, okay? Don't push it if your body needs to rest!
    @Mimi - Your encouraging words really helped the last few days. Thanks for helping me get back to it. :)
    @ Mandy - I'm glad I could help! Its great that you're back on track now!
  • mobskee
    Options

Thanks for this tasty idea I think these will go on my grocery list!!!

I found them in the natural section at Fredys
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Hope everyone has been doing well this week. The last few days have been a real challenge for me. All of my meals have been provided (all which were excellent and came with dessert!) and I have enjoyed different foods I wouldn't normally eat (and some I shouldn't). For my sanity sake as well as keeping me on track, I have decided to not weigh in this coming Friday. Hope this is all ok with you guys, but mentally for me, I think this is the best way for me to handle it. I will be back on track on Thursday (tomorrow) and will kick *kitten* until our next weigh in, where I'll weigh in and record the results, no matter what the outcome. Again, this is something I need to do for myself so I do not become a slave to the scale. My meetings are done for the trip. I have a lot of information to process and take back to my team/staff which is what I'll be working on for the rest of the day (plus hitting the gym and checking out the pool). Ok, I'm done talking, hope you are all doing great!

Dave
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Hope everyone has been doing well this week. The last few days have been a real challenge for me. All of my meals have been provided (all which were excellent and came with dessert!) and I have enjoyed different foods I wouldn't normally eat (and some I shouldn't). For my sanity sake as well as keeping me on track, I have decided to not weigh in this coming Friday. Hope this is all ok with you guys, but mentally for me, I think this is the best way for me to handle it. I will be back on track on Thursday (tomorrow) and will kick *kitten* until our next weigh in, where I'll weigh in and record the results, no matter what the outcome. Again, this is something I need to do for myself so I do not become a slave to the scale. My meetings are done for the trip. I have a lot of information to process and take back to my team/staff which is what I'll be working on for the rest of the day (plus hitting the gym and checking out the pool). Ok, I'm done talking, hope you are all doing great!

Dave

I sincerely do not blame you and agree that it would probably be best since you couldn't really help what was being fed to you during this business trip. What do you do by the way?
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Okay people!! I think I just ripped through a whole new layer of muscle tissue!!! I did this cardio/sculpt class at the gym with my neighbor today and my whole body is shaking!!! Ahhhhh but I definitely feel motivated! Tonight is zumba so I think we are doing that too. It's Halloween themed so you can either wear your costume or wear a white t-shirt and they will have black lights and glow sticks to wear so that everyone glows in the dark, lol. I'm excited! I am also feeling more excited about weigh in on Friday. Hope you are all having a great week!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options

Dave

I sincerely do not blame you and agree that it would probably be best since you couldn't really help what was being fed to you during this business trip. What do you do by the way?

Wimberley -

I'm in retail selling sporting goods, specifically specialty sporting goods selling hockey equipment, accessories, and related merchandise. The trip is a yearly one that one of our vendors does to show us the new product for next fall (go figure we have to figure out what we want to order for next fall when this hockey season just got going!). We call it the dog and pony show, basically the company spends a lot of money to show us new product, let us know what is in the works, and give us tools to help us grow our business. My boss had me go last year as well as this year to take in the info, sort out the crap and report back the relevant info (after the brain washing has subsided a little bit :p!!

Dave
  • samwelli
    Options
    I have a feeling that this will be another week of no loss. I run a tutoring business and go home to home. After the five week notices came out, I got slammed with calls. On days like today I am away from the house for 14 hours. It feels good in the wallet, but it forces me to grab quick/fast food. Tomorrow is another day of the same and then next week I am away working a part time job upstate where all meals are reimbursed and everyone meets after work for drinks and buffets and drinks and wings and... Did I mention drinks? Dave I am looking to you for inspiration this week!
  • mobskee
    Options

Dave

Hi Dave,

I think you should do what you feel is right. If you feel you need to not weigh in than don't :happy: I'm certainly not an expert but from all of my years of dieting I've come to the conclusion that it does not help to completely deprive yourself or to push yourself too hard because I always end up binging. If I don't push myself too hard I tent to have better progress in the long run. I allow myself to have 3 or 4 cheat meals a week. We're here for ya Dave :drinker:
  • mobskee
    Options
    I have a feeling that this will be another week of no loss. I run a tutoring business and go home to home. After the five week notices came out, I got slammed with calls. On days like today I am away from the house for 14 hours. It feels good in the wallet, but it forces me to grab quick/fast food. Tomorrow is another day of the same and then next week I am away working a part time job upstate where all meals are reimbursed and everyone meets after work for drinks and buffets and drinks and wings and... Did I mention drinks? Dave I am looking to you for inspiration this week!

When I'm forced to eat out, I try my best to ask for no cheese or no sause and so on. It makes me feel kind of proud for making that alteration and not as guilty :bigsmile: I would recommend drinking a ton of water to flush that all that sodium out.
  • mobskee
    Options
    Okay people!! I think I just ripped through a whole new layer of muscle tissue!!! I did this cardio/sculpt class at the gym with my neighbor today and my whole body is shaking!!! Ahhhhh but I definitely feel motivated! Tonight is zumba so I think we are doing that too. It's Halloween themed so you can either wear your costume or wear a white t-shirt and they will have black lights and glow sticks to wear so that everyone glows in the dark, lol. I'm excited! I am also feeling more excited about weigh in on Friday. Hope you are all having a great week!

I'm going to have to try Zumba. I've heard so many good things about it! Have lots of fun!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    @ Dave very cool profession!

@ Maria, Zumba was AMAZING! I sweated my BUTT off. It was "Zombie Zumba" and you were supposed to wear white/halloween outfit so my neighbor and I wore a sheet over us tied as a toga. It was hilarious and a great workout. I love workouts where you don't feel that "ugh FML" feeling, lmao! You should definitely try it sometime. I know I will be going back next week! :)
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    @Dave - I think that's a GREAT idea to "weight" a week. Ha! I got so discouraged last Friday that it really sent me for a loop. A little over the top, in retrospect. But weight is an emmotional trigger point for me. So I personally like your idea. Just get back to the grind!

@Maria - Don't you live in Portland, too? I'm in SE. Maybe we could ACTUALLY try a Zumba class together one day. I am all for working out and not feeling like it was just to work out!

@Wimberley - You amaze me with all of your calorie burns. Two classes on one day? I would be a zombie without the Zumba then!

@Samwelli - I TOTALLY relate. I was tutoring starting at 8am on Wednesdays and finishing at 5:30pm, grabbing dinner with the fam, and then back at it again until 8:30pm. (I have since scaled back a bit, because it just wasn't working well for me or my family to have such long days like that!) I started planning and packing my food on Tuesdays nights. Breakfast was veggie/egg-white scramble with salsa and a piece of toast, morning snack was string cheese and a piece of fruit, lunches were usually salads with smoked salmon and crackers, afternoon snack would be more fruit or a ThinkThin high-protein bar. Believe it or not, I actually found in the end that I could manage my calories WAY WAY better on those days with just my one bag of food to last for the day. Calculating it all out ahead of time was awesome for me. And I wasn't at home to have to resist my urge to eat the food all around me.

Hope EVERYBODY has a good weigh-in tomorrow. May the weight loss gods and goddesses be kind! :)
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Mandy I was a little amazed with myself too. I think I overcame another physical boundary. I was dreading going especially because I made homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes and green beans and didn't want to be sweating my butt off while my husband is enjoying a delicious dinner. I think doing Zumba helped me not want to eat as much too though. Regardless it was great and I am SORE today. I also forgot to do squats yesterday so I need to double up today. Contemplating on doing yoga and walking or just going walking. I think yoga will be good on the sore muscles though.

Happy Thursday everyone!!
  • samwelli
    Options
    189.0!!!!!!!!! I guess that extra hour at the gym last night paid off. I had to step off and back on the scale this morning to make sure it was really true. I made sure both feet were on the scale and I was standing straight up. First time below 190 in what seems like forever, but in reality the whole spiral started in 1999 when I threw out my back and the subsequent spinal fusion and yearly (if not more often) pain injections and treatments. I am going to take a picture of th scale now. Be back on later!
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 133.8 (-3.0 lb)
    Week 2: 136.4 (+2.6 lb) -- sick
    Week 3: 133.2 (-2.8 lb)
    Week 4: 130.8 (-2.4 lb)

Lost 2.4 lbs last week and I'm really happy! :happy: Ever since I started exercising again 9 days ago (after recovering from being sick), I've tried to get more exercise during the day by walking instead of standing or sitting whenever I could, and doing leg lifts if I had to stand -- I spent very little time standing still! :laugh: It looks like that's really helped me to burn a lot of extra calories, because previously I had only been able to lose ~1 lb/week while doing the same morning workout and following the same eating plan.

I'm going to keep doing the extra exercise during the day and see if it continues to boost my weight loss. Onwards to week 5!