Makeup or no makeup? what is better?

Options
I barely wear any makeup, I wear a bit of cover up, mascara, and maybe some blush and lip gloss and I am good to go.

I do not understand all these women who just CAKE it on, like even eye shadow looks silly to me sometimes. Isn't makeup supposed to enhance your natural features, not act as a cheap alternative to plastic surgery?

If you're doing it to impress a man- what do you think he's going to do one day when he sees you without it?

I personally think it's false advertisement. Like push up bras and those silly butt lifting panties.

But that's just my opinion, what do you guys think? Guy or girl, just tell me your opinion! :)

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Guilty of wearing make-up (but not the whole works that makes me look like I totally painted my face) but can I live without it? Yes, I can.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I don't wear it at all unless i have to dress up for somewhere, feels nasty on my skin and I rub my eyes to much to deal with it. but even then I only wear mascara eye shadow and some chap stick.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    aaaahhh to be young again. When I was your age I didn't wear make-up either, by the time you'll hit your thirties, trust me you'll want a little extra on.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Couldn't go a day without my eyeliner <3
  • tickletickle
    Options
    not no make up but not heaps either, the only time i wear quite a bit is when im going to the pub and the lighting is dim (im taken anyway so it doesnt matter, he loves seeing home me and made up me)
    If i just go up town etc ill put on light make up, thin lizzy (bronzer) mascara and a light lippy.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just wear a little color on my lips. I'm usually not pale, but when I am, I'll brush on some blush. Smeared make up looks worse than none, so often I just choose to wear none.
  • zayaserica
    Options
    I personally love makeup. There's no reason to play up your features or try to look sexy and sultry with it--but, there's a limit between being beautifully made up and looking completely fake.
    I can't really speak on the push up bra business because my boobs are way too big to try one out.
    I guess whatever makes people feel confident lol
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Putting on make up is no different than putting on a sexy dress and some high heels.

I don't wear much of it myself, but I've become a bit simple since becoming a mommy lol
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    I'm honest with a guy long before he sees me nekkid. He knows I have bad skin and wear full-coverage foundation. He knows my boobs are pancaking out due to weight loss and Victoria's Secret is, well, not such a secret. But when we go out I want to look like candy for him in front of his friends and strangers, so I get all dolled up. And I don't strip down to sweats, no makeup and ratty t-shirts the second we get home.

I am not lucky enough to be a pretty girl without cosmetic assistance. Many women are gorgeous without all these things. For that, I envy them!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I never used to need make up. Now that I am older, my skin tone is so uneven, that I would wear it in a heartbeat if I could - but I'm so allergic to so many that I've given up. I really do NOT look better with my face covered in hives and swollen up like a balloon! But I would just use something to even my skin tone - probably the bare minerals type stuff. I don't like eye shadow, liner, etc. or even lipstick. I figure it's personal preference, though, I don't care who else wears what makeup.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! I do wear make up but usually no one is like "OMG what is wrong with you?!" when I don't wear make up. I swear powder on my face b/c i have oily skin and I wear mascara because my eyelashes are blonde and looks like I don't have eyelashes :) but my mascara is usually dark brown ... then i sometimes wear eyeliner but it's usually gray or brown and very thin line. eye shadow i wear like tans and pinks but not very much!!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    aaaahhh to be young again. When I was your age I didn't wear make-up either, by the time you'll hit your thirties, trust me you'll want a little extra on.

My mom is a drop dead gorgeous 36 year old women who wears less makeup than I do, haha. I have some good genetics!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, I don't have the type of face that can carry a ton of it but if I did I would. Not everything women dois to catch a man, most women know that men usually prefer a more natural look but I see a girl with a lot of makeup on and (as long as it's done right) I see it almost like art. It's just people expressing themselves in a different manner and I love it :)
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I personally love makeup. There's no reason to play up your features or try to look sexy and sultry with it--but, there's a limit between being beautifully made up and looking completely fake.
    I can't really speak on the push up bra business because my boobs are way too big to try one out.
    I guess whatever makes people feel confident lol

See I can't wear a push up bra because I have NO boobs haha. Well, 32B which hardly counts :P
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I wear a little foundation and powder, maybe a speck of blusher when I don't work and that's it. No mascara, or lips, or anything else. Mostly because I am sweating a lot, working out. on those days and then I am not going to bother putting it on for the evening. I don't even straighten my hair, I just let it go wavy. My hubby likes me natural anyway. On work days, or if we are going out, I do add eye shadow, some liner and mascara and straighten my hair. I usually forget to put the lipstick on, I've never been good about that. I don't wear my make-up heavy and I definitely like my no-work make-up routine than my work one, but I think I look more professional and put together with it on.

I agree that caked on looks awful, but I've seen women who wear their make-up very well and look amazing, not everyone is born with natural beauty --- sometimes we need a little help! ;)

Lucy :)

Edit: p.s. don't go by my current profile pic, I was dressed for a costume party/wedding. I never normally wear THAT much make-up! I just realized once I posted this! lol
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I don't wear any make up at all, so I guess my vote is "no make up is better" :smile:

I don't really have anything against it, other than the fact that it seems time consuming. I like being able to get up and go in a matter of minutes. I might not look as put together as some of the women at work, but no one has run screaming from the room at the sight of me, so I guess I'm not too bad natural. :tongue:
  • SUgrad04
    Options
    I need foundation, because I wasn't gifted with great skin even when I'm taking care of it properly, and when I cover up the imperfections I feel like I (and others) can focus on the entire thing and not just the parts I don't like.

A little mascara and tinted lip balm or lipstick during the day makes my features look better. I don't go much farther than that unless it's a special occasion.

I think I prefer minimalist makeup, because almost every time I've gotten a makeover I think they make me look like a streetwalker. ;-)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I hate women who want to look orange like an oompalumpa, why? some one please tell me

love them with just a little make-up, looks natural
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't get the heavy heavy stuff either. I think it makes you look fake and less beautiful, not more. But then I don't get a lot of things like dyed black hair or nipple rings I'm getting older and more clueless apparently.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I agree with you! I do wear make up but usually no one is like "OMG what is wrong with you?!" when I don't wear make up. I swear powder on my face b/c i have oily skin and I wear mascara because my eyelashes are blonde and looks like I don't have eyelashes :) but my mascara is usually dark brown ... then i sometimes wear eyeliner but it's usually gray or brown and very thin line. eye shadow i wear like tans and pinks but not very much!!

See I don't think it's a bad thing when girls wear natural looking makeup like you do, but if they're wearing like clown type stuff then it's a problem for me to look at them... Or like when they have so much foundation on it starts to crack :( I feel kind of bad, because when I was younger I used to do that a lot but it was only because I was so insecure.