200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    One more day until Friday!!! I'm pretty amped up since I just finished a 4 mile walk/run. Check-in for Wed - no exercise but I did power shop at 3 stores, carried all the groceries (cat food and litter are heavy), and put it away... Consumed 2609 and burned 2587... Darn candy and I'm not really a fan of candy.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: I'm not really into candy either but if it's around, I'll nibble on it. So it mostly has to not be around!

rain: Great job on the water intake! Keep it up!

Annette: I find the best thing to do when technology frustrates me is to walk away, if I don't, then something will end up broken.

Well, I'm off to take The Kid to his soccer lesson...it's a pity because my house is warm and smells like pumpkin cornbread and I'd really just rather stay home and read...sigh...parenting stinks sometimes.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Tasha - GEEEESH that's a lot of calories for one burger! Sorry it wasn't so awesome.

Katheryne - That's an awesome little tumor. :D

Lacey - Holy goodness, it sounds like the first couple of years of your munchkins life were pretty rough! Better now?

Kristy - Thanks! :D Congrats on the new job!!

Annette - I don't do two windows. I just type into my google search bar on the top right of my browser, and then copy and paste when I'm done. Please don't leave. <3 Just take a step back for a little bit if you're overwhelmed. We love having you here. :) (And now that I've seen your next update, I'm glad you're better and not wanting to bolt!)

QofSheba - How did your Zumba-ing go for the Wii?

Amy - I guess I don't know what Yoga X is. O.o Good for you for sticking with it through the shakeys! I'm also so glad I'm not crazy in thinking that EB eggs are better. :D

Rain - Holy crap, SIX cups of water?! I never do that. One 24 oz bottle is about my limit.

Victoria - Definitely think that carrying groceries can be a serious workout when you have pets. We bought 45 pounds of dog food, 20 pounds of cat food, kitty litter, bird food (I buy in bulk) and rabbit food the other day....

And the great conclusion is... maybe. One test was neg, the 2nd was very faint positive, so I'll test again in a couple days before getting too excited.

I feel like crap this morning. My sinuses are killing me and I'm exhausted.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Amy - LOL at parenting stinks. I thought that too as it took 20 min/mile today on our jog with the 3 year yr old. We either went fast with him in stroller or walked at snails pace when he was out of it. I think I'm tone deaf - could be why I can't speak any languages. I think it's great that you are traveling so much now.

Sarah (rain) - :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: nice job getting 6 cups down!!!

Nava - I'd love to visit London... You are going to have soooo much fun.

Keisha - Hi. The east coast is beautiful in the fall. Vermont and Connecticut had the best views for fall colors. I miss all the fresh seafood. I'm visiting friends in Maryland next week and I can't wait to get some clam chowder soup. I lived in CT for 3 months about 17 years ago.

Jessie - how'd the test go. Good or bad news. Hope you're feeling better and things work out for the best.

Lisa - welcome to the group. Your goals look pretty good except, you may want to aim for a pound a week of losing rather than 2 to 2.5... It stays off easier if you lose it slowly...

Tasha - I'm tired just reading about all you do. I hope you won the kickball game.

Kiki - happy early birthday!!!

Hosanna - good luck on the house hunting.

Jenn - twirls for having to get rid of the fat jeans!!! Keep up the great work.

Kendal - I want as many "all about me updates" as you can manage!!!

Lacey - I'm with Amy and want to know more about the paleo lifestyle and diet.

To everyone else - "Hi" (*Waves*)log your food, take a walk/exercise, and check-in with us. I used up my extra time... It's nice when a client cancels :)

As for me, I need to get the house organized for a 17 year olds birthday party at my house tomorrow night... I need to do plyo in the morning since PIZZA and an ice cream cake are being served.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amy- The pain is apparently ovulation pain. I have read that it is normal in some women but not in others. I called my doctor last night and left a message that hasn't been returned yet. I did sleep with a hot compress last night and stayed home from work today to rest and feel better. I wanted to make sure that I knew what to expect if this happens again and just take it easy. I'm not stressing about it and just doing what I need to do to keep myself (and any future children) healthy. Thanks for the fat jeans motivation. I'm not wearing the skinny ones today since I am home and in pajama pants.

Jessi- For sinuses I have started taking Walfex (Walgreen's form of Allegra) and it works great for allergies and sinuses. I seriously felt better after 24 hours.

Pinbot- Thanks! I am hoping that when I put them on this weekend now they are the right feel for me! :)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Here is what I know so far about the paleo or primal or caveman diet:
    Many serious crossfitters follow one of the diets. Its mostly based around meat, though I am sure you would find a vegetarian version that you could use.
    http://plymouthcrossfit.com/pcf/plymouth-ludus/paleo-vs-food-pyramid/
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes ya'll are talking up a storm.

Thank you for all of the congrats!! I worked REALLY hard for that 5% weight loss. Not so much with excersize, but with the food.

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks because my foot hurts so bad. Its not my heels anymore, its more like if you were to roll or twist your ankle, but I didn't do that so IDK.

NAVA ~ Congrats!!!

Welcome to all of the newbies.

I am a 28 yr old mother of two perfect babies. My son, Tanner is 5 and my daughter, Adrianna is almost 2. My husband of 6 years is a police officer by day, a member of the Nat. Guard by night, and we own a landscaping business. I work full time as well, so needless to say we are busy and rarely see each other. I have been overweight my whole life except for 2 wonderful years in college. I had nobody to worry about but me. So, I'd like to spend more time on me and not feel so selfish about it.

My highest weight is 283
    My MFP starting weight is 276
    My current weight is 262

I aim to lose another 5% this challenge and then I will have the fabulous white pea coat I have been eyeballing!!!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Wheee! Lots of talkers!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I need to catch up on posts and will do an individual posting later this afternoon, probably.

In the mean time. What has two thumbs and grew a pair of balls and asked for more money? This girl.

When I really got to thinking about it, if the exchange rate tanks, I could potentially have a lower base pay than I do currently. Not to mention my current tax bracket in the US is 25% and in the UK it would be 40%. Eeeesh. I finally decided to sack up and ask for more money for the first time in my life. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.

It's just very unlike me to say "please sir, may I have some more" so I'm like all anxiety-girl about it.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Nava - you are SO right. The worst thing that can come of it is they can say no. I hate asking for that stuff too, but once in a while it has to be done, so nut up and do it. Go girl!!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Jenn--Good luck with the Clomid. I did three months of it about five years ago. I too had the ovulation pain. But I also have always had horrible cramps with EVERY cycle since I started. I would suggest some advil.--it's my goto drug for everything. For me it even works better than vicodin.

Kendal--hope your life evens out soon. We'll miss you.

Kristy--Mt. Dew...oh, I miss Mt. Dew. i've never liked the diet dew, and the real is oh so bad for me. I haven't had one in almost two years now...sigh...

Annette--What did you go to the movies to see. Something good i hope. I'm too much of a cheapskate to go to the movies up here. When i lived in KY the cost of a ticket was about five bucks. Here in AK, the cost is 10.50 per person. I refuse to pay it, plan on renting when it goes to dvd, then I forget.

Jessi--keeping my fingers crossed you catch the bug.

Nava--hope you hear good news back on the pay increase.

As for me, the scale has not budged, but this morning, while stumbling around in a sleep induced stupor, I just reached into the closet and grabbed a pair of black pants from that color section, not even looking at which ones they were. About ten minutes later, as my brain is finally waking up, I realized that they were the odd pair I bought about six months ago that were an in-between size (too small to be 22s, too large to be 20s), they fit perfectly. So while the scale is not moving, at least my theighs are shrinking. (maybe not by much, but at least it's progress in the right direction) Now, if I could get my sodium intake down just a bit more :smile:

-Katheryne
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Katheryne- Thanks for the Clomid info. My friend is on it as well and although she didn't have ovulation pain she said her pms cramps were a nightmare. My nurse did call back today and told me that with the induced ovulation the pain is more likely. Congrats on the newer pants!

My NSV: I just tried on a size 42C bra that I had accidently bought back in the summer when I thought it was my next size down. Well they just stayed in my closet and then I decided to try one today as the others were dirty. It fits and hugs me in the right spots. WOO HOO!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok...whew...i just got a workout reading all of this. Somehow between the time I go to bed 12AM EST and I get a chance to check on here 12 hours later, you guys go through 2 pages (nearly 50 posts!)!!!

Not a lot of time left in lunch, so generic responses.

Being pregnant was fantastic for me. It was actually the first time in my life that I felt human, like my body was IN control. I lost 20lbs during the seven months of pregnancy with the twins and then another 10lbs when they were born. The docs were always freaking out, but, had I known about my hormone issues, I could have explained it better to them...lol Of course, doctors ALWAYS listen to their patients..........please tell me you can see the sarcasm drool from that statement :devil:

In other news, wearing the clothes felt great, but I those were the last of the tight things, so I am going to have to start shopping some time soon. I was walking down the hall today when a custodian said "Honey, you need to pull your pants up, you can see your belly"...well, they won't stay up and don't have belt loops. In fact, they have already been tacked tighter from the last time I lost weight, so I guess it's about time to rid myself of them.

To answer another question, NO, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. My body just felt like sheer exhaustion had taken over and I couldn't even bring myself to get up and bring the dogs in for a good 30 minutes after thinking about doing it...it was crazy. I think I'm feeling better today, so I do plan to make a trip to the gym happen, even though I just now realized I left my gym clothes at home...ugh! Oh well, home, change, gym...Hold me to it!
  • Julie4610
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!! Tell us about yourself! Where are you from? SO? Kids? Pets? Job? Fav workout? Least fav workout? Questions about food or trying a new workout? We are NOT shy around here.
    I am Julie, i am from IL, i do not have any kids, but an active 2 year old niece. I work for Boeing in St. Louis, i love doing strength ttraining. I am currently working with a personal trainer. I hate doing burpees, but i will be better at them before i know it. I am hoping to lose 10-15 pounds by our 5, well 6, year class reunion January 14th. My goal weight is to be 176.. and starting is 230. I'll get there, slowly but surely!
  • Julie4610
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!! Tell us about yourself! Where are you from? SO? Kids? Pets? Job? Fav workout? Least fav workout? Questions about food or trying a new workout? We are NOT shy around here.
    I am Julie, i am from IL, i do not have any kids, but an active 2 year old niece. I work for Boeing in St. Louis, i love doing strength ttraining. I am currently working with a personal trainer. I hate doing burpees, but i will be better at them before i know it. I am hoping to lose 10-15 pounds by our 5, well 6, year class reunion January 14th. My goal weight is to be 176.. and starting is 230. I'll get there, slowly but surely!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Can't talk. Too busy.

Needed to post so I can find you later.

-Sarah
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, I last posted yesterday afternoon and I still feel soooooo far behind! Okay, let's see how well I can do catching up here.

First, Power Pump last night was great! Not really like Body Pump except for the fact that it was strength training with weights and music, but it was still good. It was a KILLER though. It reminded me almost exactly of 30 Day Shred, except that the class was an hour long. Yikes! So maybe it was more like a P90X workout...not sure, since I haven't done P90X yet. Anyway, it was a super duper workout and my body has that sort of dull ache all over, which means to me that my muscles will be absolutely on fire tomorrow. Bring it!

Also, at my old gym in the DC area I used to take a class called Kukuwa, which is a dance-style class like Zumba, but the music is African and Caribbean style music, with some Latin music thrown in every now and then. I used to love it, but of course there are no classes out here in WV. I found a Kukuwa DVD online though, made with the lady who invented Kukuwa, so I bought it right away. Got it last night and tried it this morning...holy cardio! Not even a warm-up or cool-down, just "LET'S GO!" Fun though. I thought I might try a spinning class tomorrow morning, but now that I know my muscles are going to be crazy burn-y tomorrow I might wait.

Tonight is the second out of two classes for that "Raggy Quilt" class I'm taking. I'm excited at the prospect of leaving there with the very first sewing project I've done since junior high, but I'm worried about making a fool out of myself because of my beginner level sewing skills. They know I'm a beginner though, so it should be okay.

Alright, let's talk about you now!

Hailie, I always log on the computer because I don't have a fancy phone. I actually downgraded my Verizon phone to a trac phone type phone, because I was paying way too much per month and hardly ever using my phone. I use my phone almost exclusively for texts and not really many of those, so a trac phone is way cheaper and makes more sense for me. I am thinking of asking the bf for an iPod touch for Christmas though, and I think I can put the MFP app on that....we'll see.

Bobbie, yay for work pants that you don't have to lay down to zip!

Rain, I had to work up to my water drinking too. You're on the right track! I have two water bottles that hold 3 cups each and one that holds 2 cups each that I bring to work with me every day. I try to get through one 3 cup bottle before lunch, one after lunch, and then try to get the 2 cup one in before I go home (sometimes that happens, sometimes not). Then I drink another 3 cup bottle during and after my afternoon workout, and any other water after that is kind of a bonus. I usually get about 11 - 14 cups a day, but it took a long time to work my way up to that!

Kerry, ahhhh, that makes sense. I knew if you had "officially" made goals that you would've met them. Your running a half marathon distance is worth like two goals in itself! Your parents pumpkin carving extravaganza sounds like so much fun! Not to mention DELICIOUS. I don't really have any advice on the night sweats thing...did you find anything else out about that online?

Kendal, not at all surprised that the guy thought you are hot! I understand about the overwhelming-ness of catching up...hope you're not gone too long!

Amy, so cool that you speak Vietnamese and some Spanish and German! I've always wanted to be multi-lingual, but I'm not so great at languages. I took 3 years of French in high school and almost entirely forgot what I learned until I took 3 semesters in college. I felt like I had a pretty good handle on it then, but it's only been about 3 years since those college classes and I swear I couldn't hold a conversation now. Stinks. Thanks so much for the chili recipe! That looks like it will go perfectly with the pumpkin cornbread! I'm with you on the doctor thing too; I hate going unless I absolutely have to. They're not really any help for colds anyway.

Keshia, I got Just Dance in the mail yesterday! I've got a sewing class tonight and tomorrow night my brother is coming to visit from Ohio tomorrow night through the weekend so I may not get to play it soon...but I can't wait!

Nava, free housing? That is fantastic!! Especially for London. So crazy expensive there! It is beyond awesome that you asked for more money. I am so bad about stuff like that too, but you're right, the worst they can say is no! My fingers are crossed for you.

Tasha(Pancakes), what I like about Body Pump is the fact that I feel all hardcore working out with a barbell, and also it's fun because there's a musical soundtrack to go with your grunting. :smile: Don't be intimidated, just do what I do and pick a spot in the back of the class. Ha!

Lacey, keep us posted! Seems like no news should be good news...also, I would love to see you on a reality show; you should make that happen. :wink:

Jessi, you keep us posted too! I'm crossing my fingers for you too. I agree with you about the eggs -- I get Eggland's Best too, or another organic, cage-free, vegetarian fed hen egg. They really do taste better!

Hosanna, I wish they had Les Mills classes out here! I miss them tons! Nice job with the body weight workouts followed by a little c25K. Halfway through is great after such a hard workout!

Katheryne, that is NUTS about your friend! How the heck were they running labs and doing ultrasounds and still not notice a baby?! That "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show freaks me out a little because I worry that could happen to me. A friend of mine laughs at me for that and said that she better be the first one I call if I accidentally give birth on the toilet. :laugh: Yay for the pants that fit too!

Jenn, I hope you feel better soon! Good luck, and congrats on the loose pants!

Kristy, nice job with keeping up with 30DS, and congrats on the job!

Victoria, I'm the same way about candy; normally I can pass it up. There's something about this time of year with all of those cute little Halloween bits of fun though...much harder to resist!

Annette, I always type my response in my e-mail first, then copy and paste it here. That way I can save it if it gets mega long (like now) and I know I'll have to come back later.

Julie, Let's GO BLUUUUUUUUUUEESSS!!!! :drinker: My parents are both from St. Louis and I lived in St. Charles/St. Peters in elementary school. We moved to New Hampshire for my junior high and then the DC area for my high school, but just a couple of months after I graduated high school my parents moved back to the St. Louis area while I stayed in the DC area. They live in Wright City now and my sister lives in Hazelwood. As far as I'm concerned, Imo's pizza is the best pizza in the world. Okay, maybe not in the WORLD, but it's very, very good! My parents just came to visit me and brought me a big block of Provel cheese since apparently you can only buy it in the St. Louis area. It's been so good on my breakfast egg sandwiches!

WHEW! I don't know if I got everyone, but this is so long that I actually had to write this in two shifts, so I think I should sign off for now! :heart: to you all!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Jenn - I have allergies to most medication, and unfortunately most sinus medication is the same way. I can take Sudafed, not even the Sudafed PE, and that's about it. Sucks.

Katheryne - Yay for your pants fitting so well! :D

This morning has felt kind of crazy. I'm so glad it's Thursday; my boss will be gone for 2 weeks starting Monday, and my coworker that drives everyone crazy will be gone Monday and Tuesday. Definitely time for a celebration! Maybe I'll bake my coworkers cookies this weekend....
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm back (and noticed i GAINED 3 pounds in this last challenge....boooooo). Anyways, i'm back from my work meeting and have a tone of stuff to catch up on. The bad part is that i am home sick today because of sinus issues.

i would like to say that one of my goals is to be under 200. Last week's weigh in was 209, but i weight this morning and it was 213 since i have been "off" program for a week. soooooooo, with that being said. I'm going to try and eat right and work my butt off to that weight off!!!!!!!

sorry i can't type more, i'll be back to check in on all of you.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last 45 minutes hollowing out orange peels to make these bad boys for the Halloween party:http://thatssomichelle.blogspot.com/2011/09/candy-corn-jello-shots.html It was harder than one might think.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    So cute, Amy! I bet those little things taste amazing too.
This discussion has been closed.