OMG Laughing Cow Rocks

Options

Replies

• terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mock Alfredo Sauce

1 wedge Laughing Cow light cheese (I use the garlic and herb for extra flavor.)
    1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
    2 teaspoons grated parm cheese
    salt/pepper/chili flakes to taste (and garlic powder if you don't use the flavored cheese)
    1 serving of whole wheat noodles prepared

In a bowl, combine the Laughing Cow cheese and sour cream -- microwave for 45 seconds. Stir well then microwave again until melted, about another 40 seconds or so. Stir in parm cheese and seasonings to taste. Add noodles to sauce and stir.

Sometimes I add steamed broccoli or other steamed veggies.

I got the recipe from the Miracle Noodle web site. I don't like Miracle Noodles but the sauce is pretty good as an alternative to heavy calorie/fat sauces. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of well drained cottage cheese with the Laughing Cow and sour cream before melting.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

i did the same thing. wasnt sure if it was the cheese or the egg beaters but it was so good i had 2 servings.

i bought so high fiber low carb wheat tortilla thingys (la tortilla factory) and made 2 turkey wraps with LC and an avacado. low sodium turkey from the deli counter - tasted just fine.

made a chicken salad sandwich and used LC instead of mayo or mustard on the bread - delish!

thinking of other things to do as well. i have only had the garlic and onion flavor so far but plan to try french onion next :smooched: :love:

How did you make your chicken salad? The ingredients?

(sorry, i am behind!:blushing: )
    i used:
    light mayo
    hard boiled egg
    onion
    dill
    dill relish
    pepper
    salt
    chicken (i boiled it, next time i will bake or just use a can...)
    a touch of mustard
    a touch of paprika (or something red, powder form...lol)
    maybe some garlic???

cant remember what else. i was really just throwing stuff in it. now that i know how to put a recipe together and figure out the nutritional values, ill probably do it again and post it on the recipes page. one of these days! :flowerforyou: i also have a food scale now so it will be accurate. well, closer than before at least. :blushing:

point is, using the LC as a spread on the bread absolutely MADE the sandwich! :love:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I love to toast a mini pitta, with 50g of smoked salmon and a light laughing cow cheese wedge: 215cals of delectable goodness!
  • dmhat6278
    dmhat6278 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the stuff before...is it available everywhere and is it by the deli cheeses? Can't wait to try it!!
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I believe it's available most places. I have a hard time finding it in certain stores down here because they go by what sells. It's by the shredded/cubed/cheese slices/cheese blocks in my grocery store.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Just don't introduce it to your 22 year old son that's living with you because he'll eat it up. (Although mine said he'll buy me some more and he gets paid today so he's a good boy.) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love the laughing cow cheese! After reading all of these posts I bought some it was fantastic but now I have to buy two because my husband loves it too--
    Yum--Yum--
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the stuff before...is it available everywhere and is it by the deli cheeses? Can't wait to try it!!

I've seen it at Super Wal*mart, Kroger, Meijer, Schnucks, most main grocery stores carry it! I find it by the deli cheeses and the blue and feta cheeses usually. And Sam's Club carries it in a cheaper 3 pack. :bigsmile: I just had a pita w/ a laughing cow cheese wedge & chicken breast. Yummy!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have found I like it very much with some red grapes... pretty tasty...

It's also pretty darn good with a spoon and a glass of red wine..

red_wine.jpg

uh oh.. am I guilty of hijacking my own thread? :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I finallly bought some of this and tried it!! YUMMY!!

all i did was spread it on a couple crackers, hubby thought it was good too
    , now i want some but i'm off to bed, oh well there is always tomorrow
  • amahlman
    amahlman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love LC! I bake a sweet potatoe slit it in half and add the garlic cheese or ranch flavored LC to middle and it is better than any baked potatoe I have ever had!!!! It is like ranch, cream cheese, sour cream, salt and butter for hello only 35 cal added onto whatever size sweet potatoe you pick. YUMMY COMFORT FOOD. mmmmmgetting hungry. better drink some h2o and go to sleep. to late to eat! ha!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Laughing Cow Chicken (YUMMY!)
    Ingredients

4 Chicken Breasts
    8 slices Healthy Choice Ham
    4 Wedges Laughing Cow Cheese
    Egg Whites
    Bread crumbs
    Tooth picks
    Preparation

Pound chicken breast very thin,

Top with 2 slices of healty choice deli ham and 1 wedge laughing cow light on chicken breast

Roll chicken and secure with toothpick

Dip in eggwhites and roll in breadcrumbs

Bake at 350 for 30 mins or so until chicken is no longer pink.

Made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
  • Summerrain
    Options
    true it is only 35 calories a wedge but be careful... for one little wedge it's pretty high in sodium. I love laughing cow too though... yum
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    YUM!!! I'm having reduced fat triscuits with light swiss flavored Laughing Cow cheese right now. It is so good! :happy:
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ohhh cauliflower mashers sound so good. How do you make them?
  • lincolns
    lincolns Posts: 42
    Options
    I add one wedge to 1/2 cup of egg beaters and make scrambled eggs. they are so creamy delicious! thats my breakfast every morning, with some canadian bacon and 1c of strawberries. under 200 cals!

Mmmm! I'm so bored with my egg beaters, so this sounds yummy! I usually just put it on crackers. Very narrow minded here! Thanks for the idea!:flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Maaaan, y'all make Laughing Cow sound like the platinum cheese of the world! I think I'll buy some, too! :drinker:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    where do you find them?? i looked at walmart and couldn't find them. hum...
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Can you get these in Canada? If so, do you know where? Thanks!

I found mine at the Superstore! Good luck.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I love LC! I bake a sweet potatoe slit it in half and add the garlic cheese or ranch flavored LC to middle and it is better than any baked potatoe I have ever had!!!! It is like ranch, cream cheese, sour cream, salt and butter for hello only 35 cal added onto whatever size sweet potatoe you pick. YUMMY COMFORT FOOD. mmmmmgetting hungry. better drink some h2o and go to sleep. to late to eat! ha!

RANCH FLAVOR!!!!!!?????

stop everything. they have ranch flavor? OMG! I have seen swiss, garlic/herb and french onion. is the ranch flavor the light (35cals/wedge)?

I must find it!!!!!