Makeup or no makeup? what is better?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's false advertisement. Like push up bras
    Unless they're fake, DDs won't just cleavage on their own, ya know. All hail to the push up bra! Too bad I can't post pictures of it no more...
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You know, to each their own. I'm not a person who wears a ton of makeup, but I'll wear some eyeliner, blush, cover, mascara and lipstick when going out with my husband or friends. So what? I mean, is it skin off anyone's nose if I want to draw attention to my eyes? LOL

I also agree with the poster who said that men like the 'natural' look, but with makeup. A look they'd think is just a beautiful girl, but you can't tell that 'glow' in her is from her makeup. Women too, for that matter.

I've never worn enough makeup that I'd at all be concerned that someone wouldn't recognize me without the makeup on-- in fact, I don't think I've ever SEEN a person IRL who wore that much makeup. I mean, sometimes I dress up, too, but I'd never worry that my husband suddenly wouldn't recognize me the next time he saw me /without/ a fancy dress and heels.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    I barely wear any makeup, I wear a bit of cover up, mascara, and maybe some blush and lip gloss and I am good to go.

I do not understand all these women who just CAKE it on, like even eye shadow looks silly to me sometimes. Isn't makeup supposed to enhance your natural features, not act as a cheap alternative to plastic surgery?

If you're doing it to impress a man- what do you think he's going to do one day when he sees you without it?

I personally think it's false advertisement. Like push up bras and those silly butt lifting panties.

But that's just my opinion, what do you guys think? Guy or girl, just tell me your opinion! :)

I'm with you! It's a slutty night for me when I wear eyeliner! I NEVER cake that **** on and I can't stand when people do! I wear: chapstick, mascara, cover up (for spots only), and nude colored eyeshadow.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing make-up altogether after my boyfriend stopped me and told me that he thinks I look much prettier without it.

That said, on the rare occasion when I throw on some war paint, I love Garden Botanika-- Mineral make-up looks so much better than thick foundation and the works.

http://www.gardenbotanika.com/product/cosmetics/face/she's+a+natural+3+minute+mineral+makeover+kit.do?sortby=newArrivals
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I wear make up - for myself. On a normal daily basis, I just wear cover up, mascara, and lip gloss - nothing fancy.... If I go out or am feeling extra girly, I'll wear eyeliner & shadow, but nothing that looks over the top. I think make up is supposed to accentuate your face - it is not meant to cover up your face like a mask....

^^ This! Wearing make-up is for me. I don't use it all the time, don't feel the need to. But I like dressing up and putting it on, and like myself without it.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I barely wear any makeup, I wear a bit of cover up, mascara, and maybe some blush and lip gloss and I am good to go.

I do not understand all these women who just CAKE it on, like even eye shadow looks silly to me sometimes. Isn't makeup supposed to enhance your natural features, not act as a cheap alternative to plastic surgery?

If you're doing it to impress a man- what do you think he's going to do one day when he sees you without it?

I personally think it's false advertisement. Like push up bras and those silly butt lifting panties.

But that's just my opinion, what do you guys think? Guy or girl, just tell me your opinion! :)

You are also quite young. Once you get age spots and wrinkles you most likely will change your mind! :)
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    I typically don't wear any makeup during the week, only if I'm going out somewhere special do I wear a little foundation/eye shadow/blush/lip gloss. And only a little, I wasn't taught how to do makeup so it's just sort of me guessing. I don't really feel the need to wear it though...
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'd wear makeup like THIS every day if I could get away with it!

PollyHighlightRocky.jpg
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I never wear any make-up. I don't feel like myself when I wear it and that's the most important part to me. Plus, I want guys to like me for me, not for my looks or make-up. I only wear it on special occasions, like big family dinners with extended family from out of town, etc. Even then I'll only wear a little cover-up and maybe a tiny bit of blush. I was never taught how to apply make-up though so that's a little of the reason I never wear it.
  • allison_joan
    Options
    I wear foundation (with no powder) and eyeliner everyday but that is it. If I'm going out or to something important, I wear my foundation, eyeliner, mascara, & sometimes eyeshadow. I prefer low key & easy!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Guilty of wearing make-up (but not the whole works that makes me look like I totally painted my face) but can I live without it? Yes, I can.

^^ This, but I do love doing myself up for a girls night out! I do normally keep my make up natural as possible
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I like makeup-- I used to be a no-makeup person and my hubby liked that fine, but now I wear it and enjoy matching the colors to my outifts or going for different "looks" and he likes that too. He still claims to like the way I look without better but that may just be flattery :P I had an intern last year who always had the most beautiful eye makeup, but when I do that on myself I feel like a clown so I don't do it. Part of Lupus is low self-esteem because you're so pale and your hair thins out (or you have the butterfly rash across your face, ugh) so make-up can help with that. :)
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    eh, I like women and don't really care if they wear make-up or not as long as they feel that they're attractive. In the long run, I want a woman who is fit, healthy and has a certain level of self-esteem. It doesn't mean a woman who wears make-up has low self-esteem. Some like the way they look with make-up on, certain clothes, shoes, hair cut a certain way, etc....
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd wear makeup like THIS every day if I could get away with it!

PollyHighlightRocky.jpg

WOW! I mean you dont look bad...but where is your face...i mean....YOUR face? Nobody else has a face like you....why cover it up like that?

Makeup i think sometimes tends to make everyone look alike...i said SOMETIMES! and i am free to state my opinion. Remember that before you bash me!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love make up! (Says the girl that's not wearing any ...)
    I think it's fun, pretty, and cool! Yes I said it! COOL. :>
    I'm all for the natural look, and the CAKED ON make up look.
    I honestly do like it -Yes we're all different let's not try to analyze it.
    I knew this girl who would wear "too much" make up, and other girls would call her "clown face" and other mean things, but you know what? She was so much prettier than those girls that made fun of her!! ;)
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Makeup i think sometimes tends to make everyone look alike...i said SOMETIMES! and i am free to state my opinion. Remember that before you bash me!

In-trend, at the moment, fashion tend to make girls all look alike to me as well. Anyway, girls on my campus just all blend in together after a while. Not to be PC, but it's actually their personality and what they have going on besides their looks that makes them stand out and memorable.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear makeup. I have acne - so I also have acne scars. But my skin is too sensitive. I put even just a tiny bit of foundation on and my acne flares up 10x worse. I can wear eye makeup and lipstick/gloss but it looks kind of tacky to me without the concealer...

I have combination skin and I use CoverGirl CG Smoothers. I can't promise it'll work for you but it's pretty cheap and the only thing I've found (including mineral and/or more expensive brands) that doesn't make my skin peel. It's pretty light coverage though so it won't really cover up blemishes or dark circles much, just evens out your complexion.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

In-trend, at the moment, fashion tend to make girls all look alike to me as well. Anyway, girls on my campus just all blend in together after a while. Not to be PC, but it's actually their personality and what they have going on besides their looks that makes them stand out and memorable.

I think so too!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I never wear any make-up. I don't feel like myself when I wear it and that's the most important part to me. Plus, I want guys to like me for me, not for my looks or make-up. I only wear it on special occasions, like big family dinners with extended family from out of town, etc. Even then I'll only wear a little cover-up and maybe a tiny bit of blush. I was never taught how to apply make-up though so that's a little of the reason I never wear it.

I'm with you. I wear make-up about once a year, and then only lippy and maybe eyeshadow and a very little foundation. But I don't know how to apply it well, and always feel like I've done it wrong when I do, so that adds social discomfort to the physical discomfort of having stuff on my face. I just don't know what I'm doing with makeup, and I'm much too old to get away with experimenting. My parents wouldn't let me use any makeup until I was 16, and by then those of my friends who used it had been practicing for years. Now I'm 37 and still haven't had the motivation or confidence to learn.

Also, I tend to touch my face quite a lot - wipe hair back from my face, wipe my mouth after eating or drinking, scratch my nose, rub my eyes - so the makeup never lasts long when I do wear it. And part of the reason for that is that I have sensitive skin which is often itchy - and which usually reacts badly to makeup of any sort.
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love to wear makeup, I also wear push up bras :)