How Often Do You Weigh In?

Options
2»

Replies

• amymaria91
    Options
    I weigh in every single morning, I don't log any weight loss on here until the second day if the scale agrees.
  • wdmom
    wdmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself every day. Last summer while at my trailer, I didn't have a scale with me and gained weight. I do better if I have frequent feedback.

A few years ago, I lost weight using the "Carbohydrate Addicts Diet". I never ate more healthier in my life. Anyway, the authors recommend weighing yourself every day. Then, once a week, add up the numbers and take an average. It gives you a realistic number for your weight and takes into account the fluctuations we all see during the week. Instead of having a weigh in day, when you may have consumed too much salt the day before which will alter your weight, you just use the average as your weight for the week.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    every morning after i pee lol
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It entirely depends on if I feel like I'm losing weight or not. :laugh:

If I feel I'm having a bad week, I'll weigh myself a lot. Mostly it's once a week on a Sunday. I have to do that for my diet plan.
    :bigsmile:
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Few times a week. Once I hit goal, once a week until I feel comfortable enough to stop weighing in.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every day. Now I weigh in twice a month. The 1st and 15th.
  • 65kalena
    65kalena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on the website as soon as there is a change (for the better) in my weight. I usually weigh myself before I work out and after as motivation to do well. It's also fun to see the change in the graph as far as the weight loss. Day 56 today with 12 lbs lost!
  • Miss_Madeline
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and write it on my calender in my bedroom. I like to see my losses and how my weight flucuates throughout the month. I only log my weight in MFP if I had a loss.
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I get up.
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day. I don't see anything wrong with it, to be honest. Yes, my weight fluctuates, but if it's up that helps to remind me not to snack or over eat. It's terrific motivation to behave myself.

I log my weight every morning, after peeing, naked. I don't if I don't have my scale with me. That's just asking for heart break ;).
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale whenever I feel like it, but I only record weight every 4 weeks on a Wednesday.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Every day, just to make sure I am generally losing "Official" weigh in once a week.
    As I get closer to my goal, I will probably stretch it to twice a month
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I am the same as some. I weigh in every two or three days. Wake up strip down and step on the scale. As for tracking that weight and writing it down I do that every week. If I don't do it every few days I get kind of lost in where I am.
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I know a lot of people say "DO NOT DO THIS", but I weigh every morning, after I go to the bathroom, naked. It's worked out for me so far :)
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know there are fluctuations so I am not surprised when it goes up. It helps me keep track better because I can see a more immediate cause / effect relationship between how I did the day before and the current day's weight. My daily weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds one way or the other but my weekly weight is always less than the week before.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week, but sometimes it's only once or twice a month.