Is a divorced man less attractive?

d2footballJRC
d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
When a man gets divorced do other women naturally think there must be something wrong with the man?

Replies

• alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Nope. A mature woman will understand that it takes two to make a marriage work. That is unless you're a mass murderer or something along those lines.
  • Not at all.
  • Sorry I would have to question what the problem was in the marriage? I just filed for divorce so I'm probably more apprehensive!
  • No, not necessarily. Some couples match up that should never have matched up. And sometimes, maybe there was something wrong with HER. :laugh:
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Unless he's a repeat offender, I'd say no. Someone who's been divorced three times...now, I'd have to ask if he has commitment issues.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Unless he's a repeat offender, I'd say no. Someone who's been divorced three times...now, I'd have to ask if he has commitment issues.

.....or poor judgment. I have a sister in law, a great person, but her choices in men leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    Nope. Granted, like someone else said, if this is his fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. divorce I would be a little wary, but still wouldn't immediately jump to conclusions.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Nope
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    nope..

One womans disaster could be another mans dream. Who am I to judge. It takes two to make a marriage work.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    nope..

One womans disaster could be another mans dream. Who am I to judge. It takes two to make a marriage work.

I snorted my coffee through my nose when I read that BWHAHAHAHA
  • Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Just think how experienced we would be! roflol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    nope..

I snorted my coffee through my nose when I read that BWHAHAHAHA
    Be a dream, not a disaster!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    No, the reverse. An older man with no 'history' rings alarm bells for me! Preferably no mental ex constantly vying for attention though please ;-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    No, the reverse. An older man with no 'history' rings alarm bells for me! Preferably no mental ex constantly vying for attention though please ;-)

'Older' ie over 30 I should say!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Some couples match up that should never have matched up. This was my marriage! Both good people that were on different paths. We were the best of friends, then we got married....ew

We are much better friends.

I wish him the best and I hope he finds are get person who loves him for who he is.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    I tried dating a man divorced from his wife for 2 years.. ._. Why did he cry about her to me at night?

No thank you.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    The divorce itself wouldn't make the man less attractive. But if I think there is relationship potential with him, I would ask lots of questions to get to the bottom of why the marriage failed, and his answers to those questions may make him less attractive.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    The divorce itself wouldn't make the man less attractive. But if I think there is relationship potential with him, I would ask lots of questions to get to the bottom of why the marriage failed, and his answers to those questions may make him less attractive.

What if the marriage failed because she was always questioning him?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Depends on what she was questioning him about.

To clarify, if this is a guy I've dated a couple of times, I'm not going to ask for details about his marriage. At that point, it's really none of my business, and I'm satisfied with the knowledge that he's been married before and that it didn't work out. But if we're getting to the point of deciding whether or not to be exclusive, I have a right to know why it didn't work out.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    I'd say no.... as long as his ex isn't a crazy b*tch.