200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Jen - Way to go with the pants situation, and i hope your efforts on Clomid pay off!! YAY for shrinking boobies!! (Enjoy while it lasts... they'll grow again when you get preggy! :tongue:)

Kendal - We're gonna miss you!

Lacey - The house we're in love with is on Lacey Street :smile:

Kristy - It doesn't take long to get to know everyone on this thread! Halfway through my first challenge with these girls i easily considered them all some of my best friends!

Sheba - What did you think of the Wii Zumba? I reckon it's brutal, but i like it!

Amy - Chocolate Hazelnut :happy: Since we're having cupcakes we're having half of them GF Baci, and the other half chocolate/white chocolate marble mud, just in case anyone has an issue with nuts.

RainSarah - Ooh you just reminded me that i get paid today!

Jessi - Fingers crossed for you lady!! From what i've heard, any positive counts (however faint) but well done on not getting too excited too quickly. I admire your level-headedness!

Nava - Way to GO asking for more money! That is brilliant! I'd really struggle with doing that!

Julie - Your class reunion is the same day as my wedding :happy:

As for me, Isaac and I are putting an offer on a house today. As nava said with her pay increase request, the worst they can say is no. We're offering 40k below the asking price, but the housing market in our town is so flat at the moment, there's every chance we should be able to get them down to at least 30k below (which is our absolute upper limit). Very exciting, but trying really hard not to get too attached, just in case he won't take our offers. But it's still exciting!

I've got my "supervised workout" in just over an hour at the gym to make sure i understood all the instructions given to me by the gym instructor the other day. I'm pretty excited about it... except that i'm already exhusted from work, and i've only done shife 1/6 so far. This is goin to be a rough week. I get a few days off next week, but they're to go to Adelaide, and i come straight back on night shift the day we get back! Mega craziness!

Anyay, gotta go and seal up invitations and stuff... hopefully sending them out today! eeeee!!!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Hosanna - Generally, I'm pretty good at the levelheadedness thing. :P Good luck on your house offer!!

I. Desperately. Need. Some. Sanity. People in my life are nuts, end of story. -sigh- Need new friends, asap....
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Oh oh! I forgotted...
    NAVA and other leige waffle wannamakers: I made regular waffles and sprinkled some raw sugar on top of the batter before I put the top down on them this weekend...while they weren't all crispy and stuff, they taste exactly the same!! (I used Pamelas GF baking mix, it seriously makes The Best pancakes and waffles I've ever had). So there. Yeay!

In other news..
    I can't decide if its a waffle, chicken sausage, potato kind of night...or a cornbread with sauteed onions and cheese and black beans and peppers and salsa and avocado kind of night.

...OR..orrrrr...I got it. Its a semisweetish (see above about sugar - just a tiny bit) gruyere cheesey cornbread waffle kind of night with black beans and avocado and onion and mango and stuff piled on top kind of night. Ha! Yes!

And beer.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Also, I MUST make this bread this winter:
    http://www.mykitchentreasures.com/2011/10/povitica-october-2011-daring-bakers.html

I so seriously :heart: foodgawker.
  • lyyzza
    lyyzza Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I'm still getting the hang of this, but I'm trying to jump in and keep with the conversations... :happy:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hellos and welcomes.

This week has been a bit of a bummer for me.... I haven't been able to keep up with my normal work out routine. It sucks when you get out of wack... Trying to gain it back takes so much more effort. :ohwell:

TTFN,
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends :) Happy Almost Friday!

Julie- Where in IL are you from? I grew up in IL in the suburbs just south of Chicago. I miss it terribly and can't wait for the holiday season, so that I have time off to come home!

Pam- The sore muscle feeling is the best!! I crave feeling that way when I leave the gym because it makes me feel like I accomplished something lol. You should definitely make your bother play Just Dance with you this weekend! It will be the perfect family bonding time or at the very least entertaining. I'm inviting friends over this Saturday to rock it out and eat sweets..... maybe the Just Dance will balance out the sweets? Probably not and I'll need to double my time at the gym this weekend :ohwell:

Lacey-I'm interested to hear more about your paelo/primal experience. You seem like such an adventurous cook. I'm pretty basic in my combinations of ingredients/foods. I feel like I'm going to learn a ton from you about yummy combos.

Nava- Do you know where in London you'll be living? I lived in Central London (South Kensington) for about 6 months and I LOVED it.:heart: London is by far my favorite city and I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. I'm totally jealous :) And I think it's fabulous that you asked for more money. That's one of the reasons women in the same position as men get paid less.... we just don't ask as often. Way to stick up for yourself!

Victoria- I love that you went power shopping. I'm so indecisive that power shopping is practically impossible. I get distracted too easily and can never seem to make up my mind (unless it's really important). Like you, having sweets/candy around is horrible. I have the worst sweet tooth. Pretty much anything with chocolate and some kind of nut (especially almonds) is my downfall. Or, anything with Pumpkin. yum!

Jessie- Egglands Best are on my grocery list for this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes! My fingers and toes are still crossed for you and the test. Hopefully things will be a bit more conclusive in a few days :)

I've also been on the hunt for the pumpkin cliff bars. I'm sure I'd purchase close to a million if I could find them. I love this time of year because of all the pumpkin goodness. Then when winter comes it'll be time for peppermint.... (mmmm.... keep me away from the peppermint bark chocolate!)

Until next time :flowerforyou:

Keshia
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    heyo! i'm back!!!! After being away from my house for a family visit and work trip, it feels so good to be home and in my bed. I actually tried to go to work this morning, but i had some horrible sinus drainage that made me puke a few times tomorrow so i went in for about 45 minutes, got sick again, and came home and slept ALLLL day.

I've finally caught up reading, but of course, those 6 pages are hard to comment on. Thinks that stick out in mind though are:

lacey- i like your new profile pic! so pretty!

pam- we are so close to onederland it's not even funny. we should do this together!!!!!!

nava- congrats!!!!

anyways, i'm outta here. I have some work to catch up on since i've been away from Friday from work. I hope everyone has a happy halloween!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Somehow I totally missed Rain's work on the water...wtg! Start off slowly and build it up!

Lacey, I now want waffles, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Megan, slow down, woman! Glad to see you streak through!

Hosanna, good luck on the house...I hope you get what you want for a price you can live with! You don't need any more stress to add to the pre-wedding stuff!

Made it to the gym tonight, which was a good thing because it became a chinese food night. :ohwell:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! My scale is being nasty to me so I'm probably going to post my weigh in on Monday and see if that number looks any better. Check in for Thursday: 2871 cals burned/ 1800 cals eaten/ 1071 deficit. We had chili last night so I was over on sodium, oh well.

Bobbie: I miss Chinese food. We have to go into downtown Stuttgart to get Chinese and that doesn't happen very often (I think the last time we did it was last Christmas when a friend came to visit from the States). Yay for falling down pants!

Megan: I am so sorry you aren't feeling well, get better quick!

Keshia: OMG, pumpkin is my favorite flavor of anything! I'm making TONS of pumpkin things for my friend's Halloween party tomorrow (pumpkin donuts, pumpkin corn bread and pumpkin cupcakes!). I :heart: pumpkin!

Lisa: It is very hard to get back into the workout routine once it's been interrupted, I hope you can get back into it soon!

Lacey: That bread looks pretty amazing! Maybe for Thanksgiving or something, I can try it out.

Jessi: I'm sorry you are having friend stress, hope it works itself out soon!

Hosanna: Good luck with the offer on the house!!!

Pam: Kukuwa sounds super-cool. What DVD did you buy? (I love fun cardio workouts!)

Sarah: Hiya, lady!!!

Hi Julie! I hate burpees too!

Jenn: Yay for NSV's!!!

Katheryne: Yay for shrinking thighs! (You think you can get your shrinking thighs to talk MY things into shrinking too???)

Nava: It's a good thing you asked for more money. England is seriously the MOST expensive place I've been to in Europe. The exchange rate for dollars to BPS is really ugly too, so the more $$ you get, the more things you'll be able to afford there.

Rikki: Have you gone to the doctor for your foot pain?

Victoria: When Gabe was little, I used to go on a group "walk" every morning and it drove me absolutely insane because he either whined when he was in the stroller or walked at a snail's pace (or a 3 year old pace) when he demanded that he wanted to walk. I am so glad that kid's don't stay little for too long!

Have any of you ladies who work out with your significant other noticed an increase in "low impact aerobics" on the days when you workout with them? Up until now, I have mostly done my own workout and the Hubbs has done his but now that he's P90Xing with me 3 days a week (he's just doing the strength training days), there's been a noticeable shift in amorousness on those days. I was just wondering if this was just me or if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Well, I have 2 batches of cupcakes and a ton of jello shots to make so I best be on my way (I've already done my Kenpo X workout and burned 530 cals). Have a Happy Friday!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Yeah for Friday!!! Check-in for Thursday 2374 consumed, 2939 burned, exercise 4 mile walk/jog and housework for tonight's party... I'm seriously swollen and cranky from pre-TOM... I'm dreading the scale but seeing as I'm out of town next weekend, I need to take what it shows...

Have I told you the reason for my vacay? We are going to see the Pumpkin Chunkin contest!!! I'm really excited. I'll check back after my weigh-in and doing Plyo...
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Laying in bed but can't sleep. We got given a buttload of chocolate by a patients family, so i am on a huge sugar high!

Our offer was rejected, and he said her wouldn't take les than 20k more so we've walked away. We've decided to make an offer on the house we're in now. It's about to go on the market soon, and would be easiest for everyone if he sold it to us. We'll see :smile:

I didn't tell you guys, yesterday I was helping out on the surgical ward yesterday I saw that a woman i used to work with is a patient. Turns out she had bowel cancer and has just had a significant portion of her bowel removed. I couldn't believe it! I'm actually glad I'm on the six shifts in a row, so i can visit her lots. Poor love. Cancer is so ****ing cruel! :sad:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hosanna - listening to Sarah's friends story and now your friend - it makes me feel blessed for all that I do have.

Amy - is your brother still doing well with his better eating?

It's official - I'm breaking up with Mr. Scale!!! _________________________195.5__________________________:sad:

I will continue to log and take things one day at a time!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: Thank you for asking, my brother is still doing great with his eating plan. I am also breaking up with the scale. It has me at 193 this morning (which would be a 3 pound gain from last week), so I'm gonna try and hold out for a better number on Monday. Enjoy Pumpkin Chunkin'!!!

Hosanna: I lost 2 aunts and an uncle to various cancers (2 lung cancers and 1 throat cancer - yes, they were all smokers). The Hubbs' mom has been in remission from bowel cancer for 10 years (she also had a good chunk of her bowel removed). So, yes, I completely agree that cancer freaking sucks.

I've finished the jello shots (OMG, they are so cute and quite tasty- yeah, I totally tried them to make sure they'd be good before I give them to friends), the batch of devil's food cupcakes and am now working on the pumpkin cupcakes. I just have to make chili, cornbread, pumpkin donuts and frost the cupcakes tomorrow...damn, that sounds like a lot when I list it all out like that. I LOVE parties, I HATE preparing for them (at least it isn't at my house and I don't have to clean).
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Victoria: Yea Pumkin' Chunkin. We went several years ago--me as a favor to my husband. It was lots of fun and now we are discussing what we could build to enter. We won't really but the plans are fun.

Weigh in: 189. Don't think it will ever be less. BUT I think I'm eating too many carbs and not enough protein. I'm under calories most days.

Question: is there a way to reset the counter so it assigns the calories differently--more to Protein for example?

I'm pretty sure I need to eat more protein and fewer carbs. Challenging as I can't eat any fish.

Goal for the week: change to high protein, hit the water. Purchased Zumba for Wii fit. Oh my. Not sure I'll ever master it but it was fun to start.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Things have been crazy around here but have finally slowed down. The wedding I was in was great and I don't even want to think about how much money the hubs and I spent for me to be in it and attend... ugh! Thankfully this is my last best friend to get married so that's that! lol

I can't remember what my goals were for last time... but I think I wanted to loose 4 lbs and I lost 6.4 so I'm happy with that. I also think I wanted to finish off my 30 day shred which I did as well :)

My goal for this challenge is to get to 199 lbs. That's 14 lbs! So I'm setting a big goal this round. I've also just started Ripped in 30 and want to continue with that for these 6 weeks!

I'll try to read up on everyone's posts today and get caught up. Time to feed the kids breakfast and get ready for work!
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ************************** weigh in is 212 *************************************

i HAVE to start losing.
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Rain: yeah for the water intake that is a huge difference:drinker:

Victoria: step away from the candy!!!! And, please expand - the pumpkin chunkin contest - it sounds fun xx

Amy: did step away, but not before my tantrum - apologies to all!!! After all the rushing around this morning daughter and Hubby have gone out together 'Daddy Daughter' time - I feel you on needing to leave your nice warm house xx
    Also, am in awe of your baking - hope you have a great time at the party xx
    Your scale is not nice- you have been keeping well within your used cals,,,,,,?

Jessi: thankyou for your kind words - as above apols for tantrum - i am hoping to be here for long haul!!! Everything crossed that the result is the one you wish for xx

Lisa: I'm with Victoria - 1lb is plenty to aim for - if a bit more comes off occassionally, so be it, but maintainable goals are good xx Oh, and welcome xx

Nava: you go girl - that took some courage and let's hope they say yes......

Kathryne: went to see Johnny English - not really my thing but we had three children aged 6-12 and they got to choose - I'm with you on the 'planning' to rent - I usually start a list then can never find it again xx Congrats on the shrinking thighs :flowerforyou:

Jenn: yeah for your NSV - keep away from those desserts!!!!

Bobbie: did you get to the gym this time??????:wink:

Julie: stick with these lovely ladies and you WILL make it :flowerforyou:

Pam: glad the power pump class went well - hope you not tooo achey today. How did your raggy quilt go? Thnals for advice re typing up posts - have managed to follow Vicotia's instructions and am feeling like a child with a new toy xx

Megan: you an so get to 200 - just get back 'on' programme!!!!

Hoseanna: hope your gym session went well and that the invites went out. Best wishes for the house

Lacey: you make me smile. How did the semisweetish supper with beer go?? Wish I could get that gf mixtrure here - sounds yummy xx

Sarah (wnt): was beginning to worry where you had gone - pleased you popped on - hope things settle soon xx

Keshia: showing myself as totally not american - have failed miserably in the past to find anything other than a pumpkin soup recipe that I enjoyed - tried a pumpkin (sweet) pie and found it so awful have avoided all things pumpkinny sweet since....

Megan: welcome home xx

Sheba: good luck with your change - hope it shifts the scale for you

WoW: congrats on reaching your goals -pretty hefty one for this time tho????? Don't be too hard on yourself.

Me, yeah I've caught up :bigsmile:

Got an hour to finsh cleaning, then off for a walk and back to prep for luncheon group on Tuesday (no-where near ready) and sunday school - both a one off and a series of six (change that - 1/2 an hour for cleaning - got to get to friends house first!!!)

Enjoy your Hallloween celebrations all xx

Oh - already worrying about weigh in on Sunday - off to parents to morrow and evening meal is to be Shepherds Pie (which will be loaded with butter) and she is making a special gf apple crumble with custard - there's no hope :frown:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Amy, I would never complain about extra low-impact aerobics...lol I have never "worked out" with a SO, but I did have one who was into martial arts and had a leg-stretch contraption that helps them do the splits. Whenever I would mess around with it, I'd get a lot of extra attention from him :wink:

Hosanna, sorry about the house, but it may be a blessing. I got turned down on my first bid when I was shopping for a house, and then fell in love with my house and they too my first bid, no counter, and paid all closing costs. And cancer totally SUCKS!!!

QoS, if you go to your home page and click goals, you can change your goals to anything you want them to be.

WoWmama, call me naive, but I never actually realized that those people asked to be IN someone else's wedding incur great costs too! That was totally foreign to me until one of my cousins was in another's wedding and started talking about how much she was spending on a dress she didn't even like and what not. Ugh!

Annette, I totally made it to the gym and did a crazy workout, which probably added to the 4lb gain I'm showing this morning...ugh!

So, I'm going to meet some of the teachers from my previous school for lunch today at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. It'll be a lot of fun, but I really need to stop eating out again for a while and get my sodium back in check. I haven't been majorly over, like I was when I first started, but it's really too easy to stay under to let it just go!

The boyfriend's birthday is on Sunday, and I don't even know whether to prepare his cheesecake and b-day cake for Sunday or his day off on Tuesday. He said he was going to ask for half the day on Sunday, but I doubt he did it. Men can sometimes be annoying!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, happy Friday to you all!

I'm working hard to get out of the rut I'm currently in - usually I'm starving in the afternoon because I tend to eat breakfast at abut 7:00am, then lunch at 10:30am (before classes, since there is no time in between) and then usually I just have an apple at about 2:30 and dinner isn't until 5:30 when my husband gets home from work. I think this has led to some grazing that I don't bother holding myself accountable for "oh, a cracker here doesn't matter, etc" and that just isn't right, and isn't helpful. So! Yesterday I tried out adding whey protein powder to my morning coffee, carried the apple I keep for after school in my backpack, and left the pb&j I usually scarf before class in my car. I was famished in class, but I think that's just because my body was expecting lunch and it was put off for nearly three hours. I'll adjust though, and I think this will work. It really shouldn't be this difficult :)
    And if it doesn't, well, the semester is nearly over!

Lisa - sorry to hear this week hasn't been great! Getting out of routine really does make it hard to pick back up sometimes, but, you can do it!

Keshia - I think Cliff bars are now on my list, haha. I love pumpkin, and peppermint. I'm such a sucker for "holiday flavors"

Amy - I think there actually is some science behind that. I remember reading about increasing sex drive through exercise before in a magazine, but here's a little article :)http://health.msn.com/health-topics/sexual-health/mens-sexual-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100135988

Hosanna - fingers crossed you get the house you want. I'm also really sorry to hear about your former co-worker. Cancer does suck :(

I haven't caught up with page 5 yet, but I'll go back tonight!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

I am SO excited for this weekend. I should be out of work by 3 at the absolute latest (woot!), and then I've gotta get home and prep the filling and the streusal topping for my caramel apple pecan pie. I made the crust last night. I'm going to take all of the fixins to my parents' house and bake it there so its nice and fresh. I also finally made the pumpkin dip that Victoria had posted a while back and YUM. So good! Then its a 4 1/2 hour road trip (yay! I love road trips!) and we'll be at Mom and Dad's where there will be chili and pulled pork and peach popcorn balls and crab dip and stuffed grape leaves and, and, and... ... ! I'm going to do my absolute best to practice moderation. I gotta figure out how to do the holidays now... maintain traditions and such but not become my prior self- glutenous and lazy will never be used to describe me again! I'm taking my running gear so I can get in a 6-7 mile run tomorrow morning. Otherwise, it will be fun. I'm interested to see how the dynamic will be with my sister and her (soon to be) ex husband, since apparently he's still attending all family functions, even though she's told him its over. Weird? Weird.

Sheba, yes, you can change the settings for your protein/carb/fat/etc breakdown.If you click on "goals" underneath "my home" and select custom instead of guided, you can update it. Don't quote me, but I think you are supposed to get at least 1/2 your body weight in grams of protein. I usually try to get in at least 90-100.

Amy, I'm glad to hear your brother is sticking with it! That's awesome to hear. Good luck with your day of crazy cooking ahead of you, I really really wish I was going to get to sample all the delicious goodness you are putting together. You just might be the best party guest ever! As far as the workouts/low impact aerobics, Chris is not working out with me... ... ... yet. I'm gonna get him. I think he's finally at the point where he wants to do some strength stuff, but he's not really wanting to commit the time to P90X. Doesn't Tony have one that's a half hour? Power Half Hour or something? I will say that it doesn't suprise me that LIA (can we please start abbreviating it?!) has increased with you guys working out together. That's a lot of endorphins coming out of both of you at the same time. Plus I'd imagine watching your hubbs be all tough and badass would be pretty sexy.

Hosanna, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is seriously the worst thing ever. I hope you get good news with the offer on the house you are already in. That would be super convenient!

Victoria, have so much fun at Pumpkin Chunkin! That's awesome that you are going! I hope the scale is nicer to you in a couple of days!

Bobbie, mmm Chinese. That made me think... do any of you have P.F. Chang's? Its like upscale Chinese food. All of my friends LOVE it, and I just don't care for it. If I'm eating Chinese food, I don't want it to "fancy." I want want awesome Chinese take out that's a litty dirty.

Megan, hi stranger! I hope you are feeling better!

Keshia, I can't imagine not liking eggs! One of my favorite meals in the whole world is served at a local breakfast joint- eggs benedict with housemade chorizo, avocados, fresh tomatoes, and some housemade salsa verde. I do agree that Eggland's Best are better than regular eggs. I hope you like them. Let me know if you find pumpkin Clif Bars anywhere! And I also LOVE peppermint. Yum!

Lisa, good luck getting back into a routine!

Lacey, quit making me hungry. Or, come over and cook for me. :wink:

Jessi, enjoy your couple of days without the crazies at work. Fingers are still crossed for you with the pregnancy test!

Pam, how is your quilt? That sounds like so much fun! Pumpkin carving at mom and dad's is insanely fun. If I get a chance to take a pic or two of the madness that is my parent's house at Halloween, I will and I'll post it. My mom totally goes crazy with decorations. Its adorable.

Sarah, HI! I miss you!

Julie, whereabouts in Illinois are you originally from? My parents and my sister live in the Champaign-Urbana area, and my parents used to live on the southwest side of Chicago.

Jenn, yay for old/new bra fitting!

Katheryne, I completely agree on movie prices. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movies, but Chris and I only ever go to Saturday or Sunday matinees, and I still pull out my college ID for a student discount. Even then, it still costs me $5 or $6 a ticket. Ridiculous!

Nava, I think you did the right thing by asking for more money. You are making a huge change in your life and you don't want to get over there and then be like "crap, I'm broke all the time. I wish I would have asked for more money."

Rikki, how is your foot? Getting any better? Congrats on the big loss last challenge!!!

Rain, heck yeah you got your water in! Nice work!

WoWmama, glad you had fun at the wedding. They are usually an expensive endeavor, but its so fun!

Annette, if you want to send that shepard's pie my way, I'd be happy to eat it for you. YUM!

Kiki, good luck with revamping your eating schedule. My body is on such a set timeline now for food that I can't imagine switching it up!

Okay, I think I got caught up, and just in time because I have to go fix a water heater problem for a customer.
This discussion has been closed.