Is a divorced woman/single mother less attractive?

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Turnabout is fairplay.

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I feel less attractive...

I work with a guy who refuses to date single mom's and I've talked to several men (not in a dating situation) that won't as well.
    I know I'm to a point where I instantly have my guard up...I just assume most men have an issue and really I'm sure they don't but its made things difficult

**EDIT**

After being primarily single for the past 3.5 years, I'm fine with staying a single mom at this point. I've been doing just fine on my own so far. If its not broke why "fix it"
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    More attractive!:smooched:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    less attractive than what, what is the comparator?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not sure what prompted this, but I've been a single mother for 17 years and haven't noticed less male attention because of it. :-)

I've lived with someone the last almost seven years, though.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oh, screw it. I tried to post a link to my "I (heart) Hot Moms" t-shirt, but it didn't work. :)

Anyway, to answer the question, absolutely NOT. Divorce happens. Sometimes, through no fault of either party. There are times when both parties realize they're just not a match and are better off not being a couple. That's how it was with me when I was married (and divorced). It was probably the friendliest divorce ever, and we remained friends.

And kids? The only issue there is that they can be an inconvenience in getting together, but true adults can deal with that and understand that the kids always come first. So no...kids aren't an issue either.

The only thing that matters is, do the two people wanna be together? If so, previous relationships and children aren't the least bit important.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    LOL! We better not be!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I hope not! (divorced w/o kids)
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Oh good Lord. Seriously??
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    less attractive than what, what is the comparator?

I'm assuming the same woman if she were not divorced/single mother
  • katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ummmm, than people without kids? lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I feel less attractive...

I work with a guy who refuses to date single mom's and I've talked to several men (not in a dating situation) that won't as well.
    I know I'm to a point where I instantly have my guard up...I just assume most men have an issue and really I'm sure they don't but its made things difficult

I dated a guy for a year who "would never date a single mother."

Current man said the same, then married a woman who was a single mother and after they divorced ended up with me.

They say they won't until the right single mother comes along.
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    LESS i mean can u blame em? We have so much responsibility on our hands and things to take care of. being with a single mom is harder than with a mom with no kids, you just have to find the right guy who is willing to deal.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Not sure what prompted this, but I've been a single mother for 17 years and haven't noticed less male attention because of it. :-)

I've lived with someone the last almost seven years, though.

the "divorced man" thread.

I'm actually quite confident in being a single mother!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think there is a social stigma about this......but one should never judge unless they know the circumstances.

Sue :smile: x
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as well.........
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Not at all.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    ahahaha, I posted that in the "is a divorced guy less attractive" thread. And, my response would be NO way. You are a hotty! In general, no, they are magic workers! :love:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I was a single mom of two when I met my husband. Good thing he didn't think I was less attractive just because of the kids. And he had no experience with children at all (although he was 43 and I had two young children-ages 4 and 6). We have now added to the family and have five. He still tells me I'm H-O-T.

I guess as long as you find a guy that's half blind....

haha
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    IMO, divorced women and single mothers are not less attractive but much more complicated which does factor in.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That's part of the reason I'm still with my husband. 36 with 2 kids and health issues...yeah I'm not much of a catch :laugh: