Is a divorced woman/single mother less attractive?

Options

Replies

• TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    and you know they put out :p lol

^^^^I was waiting on this comment :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Of course they are. It's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

:flowerforyou:

(I am a divorced, formerly single mother so simmer down)
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I feel less attractive...

I work with a guy who refuses to date single mom's and I've talked to several men (not in a dating situation) that won't as well.
    I know I'm to a point where I instantly have my guard up...I just assume most men have an issue and really I'm sure they don't but its made things difficult

**EDIT**

After being primarily single for the past 3.5 years, I'm fine with staying a single mom at this point. I've been doing just fine on my own so far. If its not broke why "fix it"
    Any guy who wont date a single mom is not really much of a man! The man that will be attracted to you is the man that is worth your time. I had 2 children aged 9 and 12 when I divorced. The man that came into my life has totally stepped up to the plate and has been a real godsend! Plus, he's really hot and there were a line up of girls who wanted/want to be with him!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    look lets keep it real....................

this is just an opinion.

I myself am a fan of Milfs!............................ but for a short period..hehehehehehhehe not long term.:devil:

MILFS feel free to Message me...............
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think its more attractive

1...They have been through a rough experience and they know what they want
    2...Dont want to play games like some
    3...I have kids so it works out perfectly
    4...Plus you are a MILF (jk)

How you doin?
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh, screw it. I tried to post a link to my "I (heart) Hot Moms" t-shirt, but it didn't work. :)

Anyway, to answer the question, absolutely NOT. Divorce happens. Sometimes, through no fault of either party. There are times when both parties realize they're just not a match and are better off not being a couple. That's how it was with me when I was married (and divorced). It was probably the friendliest divorce ever, and we remained friends.

And kids? The only issue there is that they can be an inconvenience in getting together, but true adults can deal with that and understand that the kids always come first. So no...kids aren't an issue either.

The only thing that matters is, do the two people wanna be together? If so, previous relationships and children aren't the least bit important.
    [/quote
    Just wanted to say that I admire your attitude and you are absolutely right...if two people want to be together, that's all that matters! Thanks!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Of course they are. It's like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

:flowerforyou:

(I am a divorced, formerly single mother so simmer down)

:devil:
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not just no but hell no! Coming from a dad who loves kids, the more the merrier! I dont care if shes divorced, never been married, or whatever. There is something beautiful about a single mom. I totally respect them and I think it makes them more attractive. The long hours working, taking care of and putting the kids ahead of her own needs. For all of the single moms out there, I heart you!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Divorced woman would be fine if it's one divorce, more than that I'd have to think about it.

Single mom would be fine if I wanted kids, but since I don't, I would not date her.

OK, but what about this? I'm a single mom, but my one and only child (and I don't want more) is 17 and a senior in high school. She still lives with me, but she's pretty much an adult at this point. A lot less responsibility on my part, she's pretty much raised.

So, would you write off a woman like me if you liked everything else about her? There are degrees of "single mom," so saying you wouldn't date one because you don't want kids doesn't really cover it all.

Having a guy judge you before he even knows you is bad news.

i disagree. finding a guy that knows exactly what he wants and is willing to walk away from boobs and a tight little bum in order to find it is a great thing.

just saying.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Not just no but hell no! Coming from a dad who loves kids, the more the merrier! I dont care if shes divorced, never been married, or whatever. There is something beautiful about a single mom. I totally respect them and I think it makes them more attractive. The long hours working, taking care of and putting the kids ahead of her own needs. For all of the single moms out there, I heart you!!

Thank you!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Single moms :heart: you too!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Divorced woman would be fine if it's one divorce, more than that I'd have to think about it.

Single mom would be fine if I wanted kids, but since I don't, I would not date her.

OK, but what about this? I'm a single mom, but my one and only child (and I don't want more) is 17 and a senior in high school. She still lives with me, but she's pretty much an adult at this point. A lot less responsibility on my part, she's pretty much raised.

So, would you write off a woman like me if you liked everything else about her? There are degrees of "single mom," so saying you wouldn't date one because you don't want kids doesn't really cover it all.

i disagree. finding a guy that knows exactly what he wants and is willing to walk away from boobs and a tight little bum in order to find it is a great thing.

just saying.

People like what they like. Why judge that? Sure it sucks to be judged right away as a single mom, but really who can complain about the honesty. You aren't a bad guy because you know what you likke.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

just saying.

So a woman is only the sum of her body parts?

(And I'm not down on guys who don't want to date single mothers. It's this specific comment that rubbed me wrong and could be applied to any man OR woman, parent or not.)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    God I hope not.

I've found alot of guys tell me they don't know how I do it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've only dated one guy that was uncomfortable with me being a mom. And he was almost 30 years old and working and living on campus. :laugh:

Every other guy I've dated has said it makes me more attractive. They see that I'm mature, stable and responsible because I am a single young mother but also find that I like to be fun and a little wild. Plus my son's dad has bailed, which means no drama for my suitor. :/
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Its MILF Friday!!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I :heart: you
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    ROFL... just thought this was a dumb question :laugh: jmo....
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :bigsmile: Its MILF Friday!!!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    ROFL... just thought this was a dumb question :laugh: jmo....

Nobody seemed to think the divorced man thread was a dumb question.