Is a divorced woman/single mother less attractive?

Options

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ok I get this threads theme......................................... raah rahhh cheers to all SIngle moms!!! you are all awesome!!!

Ok feel free to Message this awesomely tanned man! you Single moms all need a little latino heat in ya! :devil:

Shake and bake!:bigsmile:
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Plus my son's dad has bailed, which means no drama for my suitor. :/

This is going to sound awful, but God, I could only hope mine would do the same! :laugh:

There's not a lot of drama between him & I any longer but only because I ignore him at any and all costs except when it explicitly concerns the children and their wellfare. Anything that even hits to crossing over into my personal life, he gets shut down immediately. That may sound harsh, but I honestly can't deal with my ex without those kinds of boundaries set.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I honestly prefer a woman with kids

I think I might go to dallas and try to hit on one next weekend.....just sayin
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This is going to sound awful, but God, I could only hope mine would do the same! :laugh:

There's not a lot of drama between him & I any longer but only because I ignore him at any and all costs except when it explicitly concerns the children and their wellfare. Anything that even hits to crossing over into my personal life, he gets shut down immediately. That may sound harsh, but I honestly can't deal with my ex without those kinds of boundaries set.

As the mother of a child whose father bailed, no you don't. As long as he's a good dad to his kids, don't wish him away. They need him.

Sorry to get all serious in here, and I understand that you don't get along with him and it would be nice not to have to deal with him, but kids need their dads if it's possible to have them.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options

My ex is not allowed to drive down our street! My current boyfriend enforces that! He has to pick up and drop off the kids at the corner! Sounds harsh, but it was necessary, he is a real idiot!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Ok I get this threads theme......................................... raah rahhh cheers to all SIngle moms!!! you are all awesome!!!

Ok feel free to Message this awesomely tanned man! you Single moms all need a little latino heat in ya! :devil:

Shake and bake!:bigsmile:

AWESOME!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options

As the mother of a child whose father bailed, no you don't. As long as he's a good dad to his kids, don't wish him away. They need him.

I completely understand where you're coming from so it's all good. "Good dad" is always a debatable opinion, though. :smile:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

My ex is not allowed to drive down our street! My current boyfriend enforces that! He has to pick up and drop off the kids at the corner! Sounds harsh, but it was necessary, he is a real idiot!

MAYBE.............this is a reason some men dont choose to be with single moms....the drama.....just sayin!

Happy MILF fridays everyone!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would have thought that was dumb too.. just didn't see it :laugh: Why the hell would a "relationship" status make someone more or less attractive?!!! :huh:
    Not trying to be a *****... I'm just blunt... soooowwwwy :flowerforyou: I still love you... we can still be friends :drinker: *hee hee*
    ROFL... just thought this was a dumb question :laugh: jmo....

Nobody seemed to think the divorced man thread was a dumb question.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I was always civil before with him but it is actually for the best. He is completely worthless and it's easier for everyone for him to jsut stay gone. :wink:
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Not at all things happen for a reason. What sometimes starts as husband and wife, they find they are better off as friends in the end or enemies, depending on the circumstnaces. One man's loss can def be another's gain.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Divorced woman would be fine if it's one divorce, more than that I'd have to think about it.

Single mom would be fine if I wanted kids, but since I don't, I would not date her.

OK, but what about this? I'm a single mom, but my one and only child (and I don't want more) is 17 and a senior in high school. She still lives with me, but she's pretty much an adult at this point. A lot less responsibility on my part, she's pretty much raised.

So, would you write off a woman like me if you liked everything else about her? There are degrees of "single mom," so saying you wouldn't date one because you don't want kids doesn't really cover it all.

Having a guy judge you before he even knows you is bad news.

i disagree. finding a guy that knows exactly what he wants and is willing to walk away from boobs and a tight little bum in order to find it is a great thing.

just saying.

So a woman is only the sum of her body parts?

(And I'm not down on guys who don't want to date single mothers. It's this specific comment that rubbed me wrong and could be applied to any man OR woman, parent or not.)

ok where did you get that?

the question is asking if a divorced woman/single mother is less attractive... i'm assuming that is referring to aesthetic appeal as well as potential interest in their personality and other qualities.
    whether you choose to admit it or not, the first thing that USUALLY draws one person to another is a physical quality (i.e. boobs, tight bums).

therefore: if a guy says "hmmm... even though that lady is a perfect 10 and would make every one of my friends jealous, the fact that she is divorced and has children and that isn't at all what i want means i should probably learn a bit more about her before deciding to date her or maybe i should just move on and hold out for what i REALLY want" - i can respect that. yeah, it might sting a bit. but it's better than dating someone for a while, getting your emotions all tangled up and then all of the sudden he starts acting shady and finding someone new to play with that DOES meet his criteria and then leaves you because he wasn't enough of a man to stand up when he should have?

where's engineman... he'll back me up on this one...
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    This coming from the other side, I married a guy with a kid. It's great now, but I wouldn't do it over if I had the opportunity. When my single gal pals ask me if they should date a man with kids, I always tell them to run. :laugh:

A single mom? I would think she is more grown up and has her act together.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If they're all about their EX... or kids.. then yes.. very much so. :)
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Sorry to get all serious in here, and I understand that you don't get along with him and it would be nice not to have to deal with him, but kids need their dads if it's possible to have them.

Amen, sista. My ex passed away two months after we divorced. It was amicable, but for my kids sake, I would give anything for him to be around, even if he was hard to get along with. They miss their daddy everyday (its only been a few months) and it breaks my heart.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

i don't think it's your job to decide what someone else wants or doesn't want.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I agree. IF he is going to be a good dad. Mine has never help financially and since we separated about 2 years ago, would only see his son once every 2 months. This year he has only seen him twice, won't return phone calls and lives in the same town! But he's almost 25 and has an 18 year old girlfriend, Pathetic.

The guy I've been dating for a couple months has just met my son, and is a great guy who loves/wants kids. He's the kind of guy that would eventually want to fill the void that my ex left.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Divorced woman would be fine if it's one divorce, more than that I'd have to think about it.

Single mom would be fine if I wanted kids, but since I don't, I would not date her.

pfffft you are telling me you won't date someone like Jennifer Aniston even if she had kids??
    First off I can't stand her. But yes I am serious, I don't like kids so I would not have a relationship with someone who has them, no matter how attractive that person is. Unless you're talking about "dating" in a much more casual, temporary sense.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

i don't think it's your job to decide what someone else wants or doesn't want.

There is a point here. We don't know what the situation is that she would like not to have this individual in her children's lives, BUT at the same time, children with absent fathers do have a more difficult time adjusting socially. More so, if the dad has chosen not to be present.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

MAYBE.............this is a reason some men dont choose to be with single moms....the drama.....just sayin!

Happy MILF fridays everyone!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    This is true also, I'm still married but I also know how my husband would act after a divorce. I'd have to leave town to date:glasses: