Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Four!!!

Options

Replies

• ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: This is more to help me but what is everyones favorite low cal meal/snacks?

Meal: I make my own vegetable soup that I LOVE. I throw in any vegetables I have (right now, onions, garlic, leeks, carrots, celery, potatoes), saute in a little olive oil, add low salt chicken stock, cook for about 45 minutes, use my handy-dandy immersion blender and puree the whole thing. Awesome. Reminds me of pureed soups from Ireland.

For snacks, I'm not a huge snacker (luckily) but when I do, string cheese, bananas, and single serving bags of chips or cheese and crackers. Not the 100 calorie packs, but the lunch bag ones. It calms my salty craving without giving me access to a whole bag of salt. As you can tell, I like salt...

Can't wait for the results from this week! Yellow team is kicking butt!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: This is more to help me but what is everyones favorite low cal meal/snacks?

Soup (homemade...not canned) is one of my favorite low cal meals/snacks. You control everything that goes into it, and when you load it up with veggies it also becomes incredibly healthy. It's nice and filling. I'll put it in as a recipe so I know how much is in it. A good one to try that's perfect for fall (I've actually not entered this one yet, but am planning to):

Roasted butternut squash soup

1 butternut squash
    4 apples (macs or cortland or anything similar to those two are best)
    1/4 c olive oil
    Fresh sage...about 1 or 2 tbsp
    salt/pepper
    Chicken broth (ideally homemade, but if not then the low sodium version is a must), at least 6 cups, but you can add more/less to desired thickness. I think I use about one of those box containers).

Cut/quarter apples and remove core. Cut butternut squash into 1" squares. Coat in olive oil/sage/salt/pepper. Bake in 400 degree oven about 30 minutes (or until everything is soft and slightly browned at the edges). Then, working in batches, puree in a food processor with the chicken broth until smooth (if not mixing add a little more broth). Season with salt/pepper to taste. Place in pot on stove to heat up (at this point you can tweak your broth amount).

My husband goes insane over this...I usually have to make a double batch if I want any leftovers!!
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options
    Oo! My favorite low cal snack is melon type fruit because I get SOOOO full on barely any calories. Other than that, 60 calorie sugar free Jello pudding cups or individual bluebell sherbet cups. As you can see, I'm a bit of a sweet tooth ;-) When I want something salty, I like the 100 calorie natural popcorn bags by Orville Reddinbacher, or 100 calorie Ritz or Cheez Its. I have to have portion control so I don't eat the whole box/bag ;-)
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    friday QOTD

Almond milk VS reg milk
    hardboiled egg whites
    peanuts
    carrots and hummus :-)
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    -whole wheat pasta with low fat mozza or goat's cheese, tomatoes, green onion, and baby spinach
    -string cheese
    -mini ice cream bars
    -popcorn indiana-popcorn with a touch of sea salt 140 cals for THREE cups of popcorn
    -butternut squash soup
    -broccoli chopped up raw, then microwave with shredded low fat mozza over top, steams it so good
    -thin hot dog buns, which are just like low cal flat breads
    -anything with scallops or shrimp, both are super low cal in themselves
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

People already said all of mine! Air-popped popcorn, shrimp, thin "deli flat" type bread for sandwiches, and fruit.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Favorite low cal meal - grilled tilapia with a veggie and small baked potato

Favorite low cal snacks - apples with peanut butter, 100 calorie packs of almonds, Skinny Cow candy bars or Kellogg's chocolate peanut fiber bars when I am craving chocolate, cottage cheese, sweet baby carrots (munching on some right now), plums, peaches
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

My favorite low cal meal is - grilled salmon with veggies!

Low cal snack - I like yogurt and some fruits to the plain flavor.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Friday:

Fresh fruit, oatmeal with 1 tsp peanut butter, broiled tilapia with a sauce made with fat free greek yogurt, lemon juice, fresh chives, garlic, salt and pepper with asparagus. yummmmm. Also, I love chili made with ground pork if I want comfort food.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD:
    yogurt, steamed veggies, 100 cal packs of cookies and pretzels, soup, popcorn
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD:

1. Yoplait Light Fat Free yogurts (they come in every flavor imaginable and make a great dessert). 100-110 calories :)
    2. Dry roasted edamame. good for you and filling. (1/3 cup is a serving, 130 cals, and it curbs my salty and crunchy cravings)
    3. Hard-boiled eggs
    4. Hummus and veggies (or pretzels, but i always measure out the pretzels beforehand)
    5. Fruits like clementines (baby oranges), nectarines, mini bananas (55 calories), grapes, etc.)
    6. Teddy Grahams! My favs are the Chocolatey Chip and Cinnamon. 24 little Teddy Grahams is 130 cals and it curbs that sweet, crunchy craving. I like to eat things one-by-one (it's weird, i know, but it's something i've always done!) so eating 24 Teddy Grahams is great because it feels like you're eating a lot. it also slows down your eating so your stomach can get the "full" signal and let you know that it's time to stop! (It takes 20 minutes for the body to catch up to our mouths and give us that signal) I always bite off their heads or arms and legs so it's more fun :laugh:
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Hummus
    Edamame
    special K cereal, protein shake, fiber bars
    Homemade Garlic Parmesaen Popcorn
    Salmon
    Apples
    Hard boiled eggs
    Fat Free yogart
    Aspargus
    Almonds
    I could go on forever.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes (fresth) on unbuttered toast with seasoning and a squirt of low fat mayonnaise

Scrambled egg - 1 egg plus 1 egg white - on toast

fish - all kinds except shell fish or squid! But maybe that's not a snack.....

water biscuits
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just wanted to share this article with you that my sister just posted.... Makes a lot of sense about eating.
    http://primefit.org/food-boredom/
  • TanyaPearce
    Options
    Friday: QOTD Low fat snacks
    Spring mix salad with ginger dressing (the dressing is only 70 calories for 2 Tbsp) super yummy!
    Apple
    Tomatoe
    Broccoli
    Yoplait whips (freeze them and it is like ice cream!)
    Jillian Michael's whey protein shake (100 cal and very satisfying)
    27 cheez-it crackers (they fill that chip and cheese craving)
    Green beans (you can eat a whole can)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Snacks: Celery filled with Laughing Cow cheese wedge, popcorn, sugar-free cocoa with a dollop of reddi-whip, herbal teas

Meals: Egg white omelettes, soups, protein shakes
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

snacks: air-popped popcorn, yogurt, granola bars, fruit
    meals: turkey & cheese, soup, salads
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QOTD: WHY?

i had never gone thru a transformation and kept up with it. for the first time i feel i can do it and keep it off if i keep working at it

FRIDAY QOTD: FAVORITE LOW CAL MEAL/SNACK

yoplait delights yogurt

eggs; toast w/ cream cheese; skim milk
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options

Glad to see I'm not the only one late...but I am late again. Please don't fire me! ;)

I think I am still discovering new ways to make low cal meals. A few of my favorite snacks: string cheese, carrots and light ranch, hard boiled eggs, frozen grapes.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    A day late but better late then never

I usually grab 1/2 an apple or a yougurt. I seem to stick with what works best for me.