C25K ~ Is anyone else starting their 3rd week?

Options

Replies

• katieruns
    Options
    OK so I went out this morning and still didn't finish 2nd interval, but I did get A LOT further... only cut off at 90 seconds left... I didn't know it at the time until I stopped... I should have just pushed through but I felt queasy and stopped... but it's ok... I am still going to be happy I got way further and the first 8 minute run I didn't struggle through really at all. I am going to hit it one more time (prayerfully) on Thursday and move onto the 20 on Saturday. Going to bed bath and beyond for new pillows after I shower this morning. I didn't sleep well last night again at all and I've this crazy chronic neck pain going on. UGH!!! So hopefully that will work!!

Jolee I can't believe you have kiddos in college. You don't look old enough at all!!!! My girls are both in college (but locally) and my son is a senior in HS this year and he's shooting for George Mason next fall. He wants to work in the French Embassy. Government and Foreign Affairs of sorts. My oldest Paige is studying to be a paramedic and Kourtney is majoring in Journalism/Communication. My son just turned 18 last week so it amazes me they are all adults now. I wish I could take them back to infant so I could spend more time with them. It's just never enough LOL.

So anyway for the running... i'm happier than I was 3 days ago and I am just praying I put this one to bed on Thursday. I have a yard sale on Saturday so I'm going to have to get up super early to get that run out of the way. Way to go on yours too!!! Keep it up!!! I am hoping to catch up to you eventually LOL!!!!
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 today. I had planned on doing this one on Sunday but I ended up going on a bike ride with my daughter.

Not bad - I'm making it through all the runs and usually adding a bit at the end. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to do the 5 minute runs in week 4, but holy peaches I can't imagine going much longer than that!

Hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to look back at this post and say - I DID IT!
  • katieruns
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Nice job!!! You'll do great!!!

I can't wait to move past W5D2 cuz I'm stuck!!!! LOL I can't fathom 20 minutes straight!!! Jolee is my hero right now!!!
  • joleejo216
    Options
    OK so I went out this morning and still didn't finish 2nd interval, but I did get A LOT further... only cut off at 90 seconds left... I didn't know it at the time until I stopped... I should have just pushed through but I felt queasy and stopped... but it's ok... I am still going to be happy I got way further and the first 8 minute run I didn't struggle through really at all. I am going to hit it one more time (prayerfully) on Thursday and move onto the 20 on Saturday. Going to bed bath and beyond for new pillows after I shower this morning. I didn't sleep well last night again at all and I've this crazy chronic neck pain going on. UGH!!! So hopefully that will work!!

Jolee I can't believe you have kiddos in college. You don't look old enough at all!!!! My girls are both in college (but locally) and my son is a senior in HS this year and he's shooting for George Mason next fall. He wants to work in the French Embassy. Government and Foreign Affairs of sorts. My oldest Paige is studying to be a paramedic and Kourtney is majoring in Journalism/Communication. My son just turned 18 last week so it amazes me they are all adults now. I wish I could take them back to infant so I could spend more time with them. It's just never enough LOL.

So anyway for the running... i'm happier than I was 3 days ago and I am just praying I put this one to bed on Thursday. I have a yard sale on Saturday so I'm going to have to get up super early to get that run out of the way. Way to go on yours too!!! Keep it up!!! I am hoping to catch up to you eventually LOL!!!!
    Haha! Thanks, Katie! Actually, my profile pic is about 10 years and 50 pounds ago...but it's one of my favorites so I keep using it! I am 42, and have 2 daughters in college! Andrea is 22, a senior majoring in Journalism with a minor in French and a couple of certificates in leadership and environmental studies. Katie is 18, a freshman majoring in Behavioral Psychology. We are now officially empty nesters, hence the "let's get ourselves back in shape" push! LOL! Time does go by very quickly, doesn't it?

Congrats on your run! I'm sure you will knock it out of the park on Thursday! We are supposed to get a hard freeze tonight so it will be interesting running in the morning. It is hard for me to want to get out of bed on cold mornings. :)
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Hey...I have dealt with neck pain too. New pillows always seem to help, but a couple of years ago I gave in and went to a chiropractor who told me I have a degenerating/bulging disc in my neck from a car wreck we were in about 15 years ago. I rehabbed it for about 3 months and have felt so much better! Have you ever checked it out to make sure there wasn't a problem with more than just your pillows? Just curious. I had no idea...just thought I'd "slept wrong" on it, didn't realize how much pain I'd been living with until I started feeling better. :)

Happy running!
    -Jolee
  • joleejo216
    Options
    W6D2 down! It was 35 degrees this morning so not as bad as I had thought it would be, but I much prefer 55 degrees. LOL!

-Jolee
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    W6D2 down! It was 35 degrees this morning so not as bad as I had thought it would be, but I much prefer 55 degrees. LOL!

-Jolee

Wow! You rock!

I did W4D1 this morning, and I agree with you on the cold. It was just over 40. BRRRRR - my ears were about ready to fall off by the time I got home.
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Well, it was 29 degrees this morning! Brrrrrrr!!!!!!! But I kicked that 25 minute run out like nobody's business! It wasn't fast, and it wasn't pretty, but it WAS. :) Week 6 is in the can, off to week 7 Monday. Am thinking of maybe getting in a "bonus" run this weekend...who am I? What has happened to me??? Hahaha!

Happy Running!
    -Jolee
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    Today was W4D2. It was quite a bit warmer out and my daughters went along. My 7 year old on her bike and my 10 year old running/walking.

I have to say this was my best run ever. Probably not my fastest, but it really made me realize WHY I am doing it.

Could it be that I am starting to (pause for dramatic effect) enjoy this???? :happy:
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Today was W4D2. It was quite a bit warmer out and my daughters went along. My 7 year old on her bike and my 10 year old running/walking.

I have to say this was my best run ever. Probably not my fastest, but it really made me realize WHY I am doing it.

Could it be that I am starting to (pause for dramatic effect) enjoy this???? :happy:
    I know exactly how you feel! I never thought I would actually like running, but I do. So completely weird! :)

I am praising God for my snooze button this morning. A runner was attacked this morning 3 blocks from our house on the route we always take. If I hadn't have wanted "just a few minutes more" it could have totally been me and/or my husband. A neighbor let us know what had happened (the police had just left before we got up there) so we stayed together for this morning's run. Keith is running 30's (he is on week 9) so he just finished up his last 5 minutes on our street after I got back home. It was nice to run with him even though he critiques my form and I know I slowed him down quite a bit. Lol! No intervals from here on out. Feeling good.

Happy Running!
    -Jolee
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I never thought I would actually like running, but I do. So completely weird! :)

I am praising God for my snooze button this morning. A runner was attacked this morning 3 blocks from our house on the route we always take. If I hadn't have wanted "just a few minutes more" it could have totally been me and/or my husband. A neighbor let us know what had happened (the police had just left before we got up there) so we stayed together for this morning's run. Keith is running 30's (he is on week 9) so he just finished up his last 5 minutes on our street after I got back home. It was nice to run with him even though he critiques my form and I know I slowed him down quite a bit. Lol! No intervals from here on out. Feeling good.

Happy Running!
    -Jolee

Too scary! I bought a small canister of pepper spray after a dog bite scare this summer. A dog that appeared to just want to "play" nipped at my leg as I was riding my bike - small bruise but no real damage.

I think I'll have to start carrying it when I run too.
  • katieruns
    Options
    Hey everyone I am back.... I was MIA sick as a dog W-F had a hugely successful yard sale on Saturday... worked all day church on Sunday... was lazy monday but kicked *kitten* on my W5D2 run this morning FINALLY!!! I hadn't been able to complete the second 8 minute run the last two times I attempted the runs, but today I killed the first 8 and the on my nemesis (8min run 2nd round) I kicked it and then added on another 4 minutes to complete my first mile run without stopping in quite a few years... so needless to say I am feeling fabulous this am!!! I know it's not a lot to some people, but it is such a huge victory this morning as I wasn't sure I'd ever get to this point.... W5D2 was putting up a fight!!!

I need to read back through the posts and see how everyone is doing.... Jolee I know without looking that you are doing fantastic!! Thanks so much for the prayers!!!! THEY WORKED!!!!

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone!!!!
  • katieruns
    Options

Happy Running!
    -Jolee
    [/quote]

So glad you guys are ok!!! And WTG girl!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!! I'm tryin to catch up LOL....
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    Week 4 complete. :happy:

Looking ahead to week 5:
    Day One - Very confident
    Day Two - Oh crap
    Day Three - WTH!!!
  • katieruns
    Options
    Week 4 complete. :happy:

Looking ahead to week 5:
    Day One - Very confident
    Day Two - Oh crap
    Day Three - WTH!!!

LOL LOL LOL
    WTG!!!! Good luck with W5!! Kill it!!!! :happy:
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Hey everyone I am back.... I was MIA sick as a dog W-F had a hugely successful yard sale on Saturday... worked all day church on Sunday... was lazy monday but kicked *kitten* on my W5D2 run this morning FINALLY!!! I hadn't been able to complete the second 8 minute run the last two times I attempted the runs, but today I killed the first 8 and the on my nemesis (8min run 2nd round) I kicked it and then added on another 4 minutes to complete my first mile run without stopping in quite a few years... so needless to say I am feeling fabulous this am!!! I know it's not a lot to some people, but it is such a huge victory this morning as I wasn't sure I'd ever get to this point.... W5D2 was putting up a fight!!!

I need to read back through the posts and see how everyone is doing.... Jolee I know without looking that you are doing fantastic!! Thanks so much for the prayers!!!! THEY WORKED!!!!

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone!!!!

Way to go!!!!! I knew you could do it! :heart:
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 down! Found out that the runner attacked on our route Monday was attacked by a bat they think...the flying kind not the baseball kind. That made me feel ALOT better! Ran the Parkway loop here this morning, hills and everything. Not as bad as I had thought it would be. Not fun, but do-able. Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie, so glad you are back and feeling better!

Happy running!
    -Jolee
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Week 7 is DONE! Ran this evening (still not a fan of running later in the day) and took 2 full minutes off of my Wednesday time. I was really surprised because I felt like I was dragging something terrible! Anyway, may do a bonus weekend run, or may just rest until starting Week 8 on Monday.

Happy running!
    -Jolee
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all.....I am starting week 8 day 2 tomorrow. I was never a runner and have been pushing myself every step of the way. I haven't been outside yet...did all of my running on the treadmill...but was really just trying to see if I can do it. Next goal is to get outside and running my first 5k on Thanksgiving. Good luck to everyone....it may seem a steep battle to overcome but YOU CAN DO IT!
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    This week was messed up with my kids being home from school Thurs & Fri, so I just finished up W5D1 this morning.

The first run interval seemed kind of hard, but then it's always hard for me to start up again if I skip a workout. The third run though - wowee! I decided to push it a bit and keep going into the cool down, and ended up running through the whole cool down time for a full 10 minute run!!

Ok, ok, saying "run" for me may be a bit of a stretch since I'm going for time and not speed or distance yet, but I kept going for 10 minutes.

I have a question for all of you who are farther along in this than I am. Did you repeat anything around this point? I can't imagine getting through that 20 minute run.