Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Thurs. Check - in

1. √
    2.no workout
    3.√
    4.√

Early check in for me and off to lay down again.. Tomorrows Friday!:smokin:

Big Hugs to you all!:smooched:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options

My jeans feel tight I am worried if I am retaining water or I need more exercise.This weightloss is a hard job for the above 45 yr olds It is as if 1 lose my weight only to gain it back. Should I just think about my exercise and lose all hope about this weightloss. The migraine headache was triggered by the skinny water I have been drinking for the past few days. I was so upset that afterbeing on this site for 5 months I have only lost 3 lbs. I seem to be in a state of equilibium. Maybe I need to take a break delete everything and start anew.

What I've noticed is that you don't eat enough calories on a lot of days. I didn't start losing once I hit my plateau until I upped my calories. Have you tried that? Try it for a few weeks, continuing everything else, and see if that helps. Sorry about your headache, and your frustration.
  • Ittee
    Options
    Papillon: thank you, I guess I'm being silly, but again, my husband doesn't hurt me, working out downright kicks my butt sometimes.

My check in:
    Chalean, five times this week: 3.5, day of rest. I took it faithfully (well, except the elliptical and roller skating)
    3 fruits/veggies: no, didn't meet this goal, only 2 :(
    Within calories with protein being higher than fat: yep, what's up with sodium?!
    Don't let my family drag down my eating habits: today was mixed. I didn't make food driven decisions based on them (although I wouldn't have had a chili dog for lunch without having someone else to cook for), but all day I've wanted to emotionally eat because this moving transition is hard for them.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yesterday had severe migraine headache could not see the computer screen.
    Thursday 10/27 check in-
    Goal 1- food choices getting slightly better.
    Goal 2-Exercise - 1.5 mile walk for 30 minutes done
    Goal 3- Checking in early today.

My jeans feel tight I am worried if I am retaining water or I need more exercise.This weightloss is a hard job for the above 45 yr olds It is as if 1 lose my weight only to gain it back. Should I just think about my exercise and lose all hope about this weightloss. The migraine headache was triggered by the skinny water I have been drinking for the past few days. I was so upset that afterbeing on this site for 5 months I have only lost 3 lbs. I seem to be in a state of equilibium. Maybe I need to take a break delete everything and start anew.

Please do not give up! Some days I take it one meal at a time. I am 59 years old and want to be healthy and fit:smile: I have NEVER been this successful in losing weight and I credit this website and the great support that I receive from each and every one of you!:heart:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Arwaleenah – The BLTS are tough, I struggle all the time (I'm a "graze" eater). I started small and just working on adding them to my diary. Now I need to focus on the why am I eating all these extras, and do I really need to be eating them (that old stop and think before eating). It’s all about baby steps. Sorry to hear you haven’t been able to get your extra 30 minutes in, sounds like you have your hands full! Wish I had some suggestions for you. Good luck!

Philosohoe – Sounds like you had a fantastic Wednesday. You are doing so amazing, great job with the sodium, and the 2 workouts. You are FANTASTIC!!!

Ittee – AWESOME (and funny) NSV. Flex those muscles!! Roller skating, how much fun is that, I haven't been in years. That sodium it’s a tough one isn’t it.

Papillon22 – The 20 minute Turbo Jam is so fun! I actually did a trade with a co-worker, Turbo Fire for Turbo Jam so we can try out the other DVD. I’m getting my Turbo Fire back on Wednesday. I’ll miss turbo Jam though. Great job with your goals, you are having another fantastic week. You are my fruit/veggie idol!

KrisPage – I bet there was some emotional eating after the accident. They are nerve racking and emotional event. Don’t be too tough on yourself. Walking in work shoes = unhappy feet. Good luck trying to get day 2 in.

Littlemount – Sorry to hear about the migraine yesterday, hope you are doing better today. I’m so sorry to hear you are feeling so discouraged. HUGGS to you. Know that we are here for you.

Jennyph2006 – Great job with your goals today. I bet you’ll hit your goal of 10 miles this week! Are you looking forward to level 2, I know around day 8 & 9 I was ready to move up and I was looking forward to the higher intensity and tougher workout.

Danlyn – Great job getting your walk in! You are a walk-star :smile:

Hearts♥Desire – Another great day for you! Keep it up! Hope you got a good night’s rest.

Thursday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – I just have a huge pile of excuses but no workout to show for it. I’m off my game again tonight (ok let's be honest it's been a lot longer then just 1 night).
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in – another day at 2/4
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – Sadly a bad day for me with this.
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages – Happy to say I did well this one. I was going to have a soda with dinner, but decided to have water instead.

1 for 4 today with my mini goals not so good. Man I just can’t seem to shake this rut I’ve been in for the last month. I was put on a new medication about a month ago and I really think it might be part of the problem. Time to go back to the doctor. I really do not like the way it makes me feel, and the effects it’s been having on me. I’ve been so moody I cried at my desk today. SO not like me!!!

On a positive note. My parents got back home and their two dogs are back with them. Looking foward to a good night sleep. But I'll miss my workout audience. LOL! I also found out today my brother, who is in the Air Force, is back at his base. He was on a temporary assignment in Iraq.

Time to head off and catch some ZZZ's.

Have a GREAT Friday everyone. I'm so proud of all of you. Keep on reaching for your mini goals.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Quick check in for me again
    Thursday
    1) Monitor macronutrient ratios with goal of Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%: 41.5/25.5/33.1
    2) Sodium under 2000mg: So close! 2002
    3) Culrpit item of the day: fat content high today; pecans AND chicken sausage in the same day make for higher numbers. Since they were almost equal grams, I'm going to say that the good nut fats balance out the not so good sausage fats :P
    4) Reach a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories for the week: 761/today; 3270/week. I am doing better this week on getting exercise, so that helps a lot.

Hang in there everyone. Friday is here to pull us through to the weekend. HUGS!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Quick check in for yesterday:

1) 3 servings fruit/veg - Yes
    2) Under sodium - Yes! (barely)
    3) 72oz water down - just can't seem to manage 80oz!

Yay, it's Friday! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hope everyone has a great day!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words I truly have to evaluate why I have not lost weight from june onwards I have no thyroid problems all that is going on with me is I am menopausal. I definetely cannot expect any quick solutions , I cannot cut calories that way I feel too deprived and I cannot do mountain climbers or jumping jacks. I truly want to just stop feeling this discouraged. Hopefully the Haloween's colorful children dresses all around the city this weekend will uplift my mood and I will get back on track.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    littlemount: I can certainly understand your frustration, it's hard to work your butt off and not see results. However, I'm sure that your heart is healthier just from the changes you've made so far, and that's great in itself! As for exercising, everybody says that walking is the best for your heart, joints and mind, so don't think it's not good enough! (((hugs)))

krispage: one day of emotional eating doesn't determine the rest of your week. Take it easy on this challenging time. You'll be ok.

Friday check-in:

1- Follow Chalean X schedule - did turbo jam's kick punch and jam instead of lean intervals. All I have to say is ouch, my poor arms...

2- 8 glasses of water/day - done!

3- 5 fruits/veggies per day - done!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    1. 30 DS - level 1 and start level 2. day 9
    2. Do 2 Billy Blancks workouts. 1 done
    3. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water: 6 glases today I was so busy that forgot to drink my water.
    4. Do 10 Walk at home miles. 5 miles done so far. I think i might be able to get 10

my 14 months old baby is not well so today could not workout. he just wanted to be in my arms. poor little man. :(
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    1. 30 DS - level 1 and start level 2. day 9
    2. Do 2 Billy Blancks workouts. 1 done
    3. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water: 6 glases today I was so busy that forgot to drink my water.
    4. Do 10 Walk at home miles. 5 miles done so far. I think i might be able to get 10

my 14 months old baby is not well so today could not workout. he just wanted to be in my arms. poor little man. :(
  • littlemount
    Options
    Friday check in-
    Goal 1- Truly as lttee has suggested maybe I am not eating enough but I feel full with 1200-1300 calories.
    Goal 2- Walked 1.5 miles. Truly today's walk was a healing walk. Still unsure about what I should do but feel less stressed and anxious compared to yesterday.
    Goal 3- This is the best part where I feel close to my cyberpals someone else who knows what I am going through.

Good night all.
  • kissmesailor
    kissmesailor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    delete this post.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

Philosohoe – Over sodium by 2 that great! Great job with all the working out this week, you are so close to hitting 3500 and you still have three days this week. AWESOME.

Bhurley1424 – YAY for Friday indeed! You are so close to making your water mini goal keep up all the hard work, I know you can do it. Great job with all your goals!

Littlemount – Good luck :happy: hopefully changing things will help get you losing the weight. Sounds like you had a wonderful walk today. Glad to hear you are feeling less stressed and anxious. Enjoy the Halloween weekend! It is a festive time of year isn’t it!

Papillon22 – Ohh haven’t tried that DVD, I’ll have to check it out. My arms could use a good burn. Nice job with the veggies and water. You are having a great week!

Jennyph2006 – Sorry to hear your little guy isn’t feeling well. Hope whatever he has passes quickly. So close on your water goal I’ve had days like that where before you know it half the days is gone and you’ve only had a glass or two. Are you going to be starting level 2 tomorrow? Good luck!

Friday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Day 29- Done. Tomorrow is my last day of 30DS, I'll be pulling out the measurign tape once again! My aunt used to tell me the secret to easing craps was to work out. It might have worked for her, but I think it made mine worse! :frown:
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in – another day at 2/4… I’ll hopefully get one in tomorrow, but that’ll leave me one short for the week.
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – I logged them all (and we are talking the good the bad and the ulgy). I think I need to change this up for next week and work on why am eating all these extras, and work on not only logging them but not eatign as many.
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages – Didn’t do too well this morning. I ended up spending most of the morning and afternoon at the DMV with the hubs, so there wasn’t water to be had. But after that I stepped up my intake. I might have been a little light on water for the day.

Havve a great weekend everyone!
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Quick check in again (earlier so I can hang out with the bf and watch a movie for a change)
    Friday
    1) Monitor macronutrient ratios with goal of Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%: 57.5/20.1/22.3
    2) Sodium under 2000mg: yep 1478
    3) Culrpit item of the day: white rice with 45g of carbs pushed carbs higher, but I'm okay with that for today; it goes better with the fish and veggies.
    4) Reach a total calorie deficit of 3500 calories for the week: ACHIEVED! 332/today; 3602/week. No exercise today, but still met my deficit goal. The rest of the weekend is just extra burn as long as I stay in goal and don't go crazy on chocolate :D

Goodnight all, and have a Spectacularly Spledid Saturday! (See what you started HeartsDesire?!?)
  • philosohoe
    Options
    MAK
    My aunt used to tell me the secret to easing craps was to work out.

I know you meant "craMps", but that is just too funny! One of the teacher's at work today quoted a student paper with a similar kind of "flavor" of typo: "The way your colon smells reminds me of the woods." (Supposed to be cologne)

So now I'm thinking about colons/crap/and hiking! LOLOLOL!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    MAK
    My aunt used to tell me the secret to easing craps was to work out.

I know you meant "craMps", but that is just too funny! One of the teacher's at work today quoted a student paper with a similar kind of "flavor" of typo: "The way your colon smells reminds me of the woods." (Supposed to be cologne)

So now I'm thinking about colons/crap/and hiking! LOLOLOL!!!
    pssttt.. just a thought... I wouldn't do a colon cleanse while hiking.. but hey, that's just me!25r30wi.gif

Yes, I read 'crap' as well but I only now signed on so I didn't see any of the rest of the post that was originally from MAK.. .I figured she was simply being straight forward and to the point. :laugh: :smokin: 25r30wi.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/23-10/29)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Friday Check - in

1. Today was a perfect example of what I've been trying to achieve with my Goal 1!! Learning why and how things can be changed when I begin to make decisions spontaneously... it all worked out! I call that growth for me. Keeping THIS goal up indefinitely since it's proven to be quite useful.
    2. no workout.. my decision, didn't regret it too much but would (needed!) have loved the socialization of my workout peeps.
    3. FOCUSED... every moment it's another step in the right direction even if I veer off I'm learning to make quick turns back around. :laugh:
    4. Checking in right this moment!!:wink::tongue:

Looking forward to our new week coming up
    but also looking forward to this week going out with a BANG Fireworks.gif

Sending lots of hugs and cheer for a great weekend!:smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thur and friday check in
    my days are getting better: thur i worked out for an extra hour and today i walked around the mall for 3.5 hours without sitting or standing at any moment
    chai tea is officially kicked to the curb and water is the new soda
    am loving the way things have been working out for me but that doesn't mean i don't expect to see myself go through a bad day
  • Ittee
    Options
    My check in:
    Chalean, five times this week: 3.5, day of rest unintentionally. But I truly did nothing yesterday.
    3 fruits/veggies: no only 1, gosh :grumble:
    Within calories with protein being higher than fat: no :sad: Gosh I need to get my eating habits back on track.
    Don't let my family drag down my eating habits: yeah, today I was completely influenced with movie popcorn. Gosh I need to continue this goal