embarrasing problem........

I'm entering my third week with MFP. My body doesn't know what hitting it. No alcohol, very healty food and lots of water but
I have very bad constipation, has anyone else experienced this and what did you do .......

Replies

• cwglosin4vaca
    cwglosin4vaca Posts: 63 Member
    I am the same way, I started taking fiber pills, works great!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 467 Member
    thanks. Will try them.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I have found the same thing when my eating habits change....keep drinking lots of water, make sure your fiber intake is good and be patient...It will work out :laugh:
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    coffee.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Fiber fiber fiber
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Smoking helps with that.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Metamucil works great.
  • Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    Lots of raw fruit, Apples, Strawberries and lots of water will help. If not take fiber supplements
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    running always get my system going. especially after eating some oatmeal for breakfast then going exercise.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Fiber is great, but to much fiber will have the opposite affect.... TRUST ME! lol Lots of water, 5.5oz can of prune juice a day, smooth move tea..... all of those will help. :)
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 174 Member
    More fiber! Apples!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I'm taking fiber pills now but I'm thinking of switching to prunes. God, I'm an old fart.:grumble:

unfortunately the best laxative of all (for me) is fast food.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    yes coffee helps me too :) but at the current moment i think you might need something stronger to get over the hump. i would say try one of the over the counter stool softeners.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Make sure you are getting plenty of fiber....I love the fiber one cereal and mix it with light yogurt. When buying bread, make sure it is high fiber. There are some 12 g fiber tortillas that are very tasty!! Really keep an eye on fiber.....I keep my fiber grams 35 or more a day....good luck!
  • miiiralax!!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    2 things work for me - brown rice (small servings, the calories can be a lot). AND, for some reason, sweet potatoes. I'm not sure what the fiber content is in those, but if I eat 1/2 a sweet potato for dinner, the problem is solved the next morning.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    If you are eating enough fiber you should have no problem. Flaxseed helps and so does more fiber. Then again I have never had the problem of not being able to go...with me I eat then I go...LOL
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    I had the opposite problem, and it hit me at the most inconvenient times - like when I'm out shopping..good luck finding a public restroom LOL - what worked for me? Kashi 7 Grain flakes cereal. I ate that for breakfast every morning and after about a week of eating it...well you know the rest of the story. Also eating a lot of veggies and fruits - my staples are celery & carrots, pineapple, apples, bananas, raspberries,grapes, raw spinach leaves and also yogurt. be sure to drink alot of water, eating stuff like this with the water wll help you stay regular.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Rattlesnake chili will resolve that problem.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    coffee.
    Oh yeah and coffee too!