November 1st: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred It w/ Weights

Options

Replies

• cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this with y'all this month! I have never made it all the way thru the DVD in fact I don't know that I've ever gotten to level 2. I got sick this weekend so I hope to be good to start on the 1st but we'll see. I'll start as soon as I can I guess. I am in a wedding on Dec 3rd so this would be the perfect time to sculpt the muscles :) So excited to do this with everyone!
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! YAY!! :)
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how this works? How long do you do Level 1 for? The full 30 days?
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    typically you do :
    level one - 10 days
    level two - 10 days
    level three - 10 days
    :)

but you can change it up / modify it based on your needs
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    So on NOVEMBER 1st are we all going to take our measurements and post them ????? :D
    or are we going to keep updating and motivating each other and then at the end of the 30 days, post before and after measurements :) ??
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through the regular 30DS but just got the 30DS with weights so I'm in. I guess I can forgo some of the extra cardio at the gym for an hour at home with Jillian. That sounds strange but I hope it'll help with my November goal of losing 7 pounds!

See you all in 2 days!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do it. Does one kettlebell suffice or do i need 2?
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I did it last night and one KB is fine :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    ok i'm a little confused.

Because the title of this post is for JM 30 day Shred it with Weights. And well that only has 2 levels.
    I'm assuming she is talking about the dvd where Jillian uses the kettle bells.
    So effectively you'd have 15 days on level 1, and then 15 days on level 2.

Normal shred has 3 levels. so 10 days on each level. It also uses 2 handweights, and not kettle bells.

I'm be in, but I love the program that I have set up for me at the moment. But might consider doing it in the new year.
  • micmac327
    micmac327 Posts: 128
    Options
    How about we post our weight, measurements and pictures on November 1st, 15th, and finally on the 30th. I also plan on posting to everyone throughout each week with how I'm feeling, struggles, motivation tools, anything that get me thru this 30-day challenge!!!!!
  • micmac327
    micmac327 Posts: 128
    Options
    For me personally, level one is a killer workout! I plan on staying on level one for the entire 30 days. That in itself is a challenge! Some people might be more comfortable moving onto level 2 or switching between levels. I just think it's a great thing that we'll all be doing the same dvd and doing it everyday in November!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Because the title of this post is for JM 30 day Shred it with Weights. And well that only has 2 levels.

Normal shred has 3 levels. so 10 days on each level. It also uses 2 handweights, and not kettle bells.

I'm be in, but I love the program that I have set up for me at the moment. But might consider doing it in the new year.

I agree with you bc there is 2 different dvds 1- is just 30 day shred (has 3 levels)... & the other is 30 day shred it with weights (has 2 levels) & this one says you can use a hand weight or kettle bells
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I was going to ask this, actually. I wasn't sure whether "30 Day Shred It w/Weights" was a different workout or not! I have the regular 30 Day Shred DVD, and I have never managed to make it the full 30 days. But I recently decided to try again in November, so I would love to join you if it's alright that I'll be doing the regular 30DS DVD. :)
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!

I keep on starting this and can never get past the first week! I could really count on the motivation! This is my birthday month, so I want to do it.

-Cassie
  • Rolynthunder
    Rolynthunder Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down for this! I tried doing it but did not have any weights, I guess I will be stopping at sports authority on the way home to get some! I only have 30 day shred (not the weighted one) but I'd like to still do this with you all!
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i plan to start november 8th... i am away on holiday til then haha
    can i join your group :-) i need the motivation to do it everyday ontop of all my other exercise.... i am hanging out to try it!
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this also!! I've had the 30DS DVD's for a few months now ... and can never make it past 2 days .... im always so sore!! Lets get the encouragement going & see some results!! woohoo! im exciiiteddd =)
  • kathe01
    Options
    Count me in! This was what I was doing anyways!:bigsmile:
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Is there a difference between the 30D shred and the 30D shred with weights?

I tried starting in Oct and got sick for like 2 weeks.. So I'd really like to complete a full 30 days and see if I get any results...
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Is there a difference between the 30D shred and the 30D shred with weights?

I tried starting in Oct and got sick for like 2 weeks.. So I'd really like to complete a full 30 days and see if I get any results...

yes, they are completely different work outs and the 30 day shred with weights should be done with a kettlebell.