Reboot boogaloo October - Open group

Options
12346»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    We slept in this morning. A week ago, we were planning a yoga class this morning, a little workshop this afternoon, and lunch at a crepe place. I think we are still planning the lunch at the crepe place :tongue: We decided the little workshop was too expensive for a local teacher. We'll still do yoga this morning, and we'll bike this afternoon.

Also this morning I'm going to work on a dinner list. Every week we try to think of things for dinner, so I'm going to come up with as many as possible. Usually stuff I can make with 30 minutes of work.

We are also going to our second Halloween/pumpkin carving party tonight at my mom's house. Will be nice to have pumpkins for our porch.

Pumpkins & planning, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yay! More sunshine! It's amazing how much better it makes me feel.

Other plans for today are to go look at another autoharp (I'm hooked. I'm practising at least an hour a day and can now play/sing over a dozen songs. I want to get another one so I can experiment with the voicings and have power chords in the bottom octave, so my rock songs sounds more rockier.:wink: This one looks like a real fixer-upper, so I get to be artsy-craftsy with it, too.) Also, I want to try to get a walk, or even a bike ride in if I can persuade the husband into it. He has a rare day off, but he's also super crazy busy tomorrow, so might want a more restful day than super-charged solar powered me does.

Also, eating, hydrating (in preparation for my tattoo next Tuesday. . .gulp) and trying to get as much movement in the sun as I can.

Sunshine and strumming, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am still not feeling well. Just trying to be thankful that it's not as bad as it could be. It just feels like it's hanging around and not really moving in or out. :ohwell: Also thankful that Alex is coughing less and no one else has gotten sick.
    My mom, older sister, my Granny, and two younger brothers are coming today. I've been trying not to fret about how Irina will interact with them and just try to let it go. She will still be with me when they all leave. My family will only be here this afternoon and will leave probably when we go to church in the morning, so not a long stay. I'm sure the holidays will come up in discussion today and I will have to very carefully tell my mom that I don't know if we are going to make it to the annual Christmas Eve bash with the whole family. I think 15 people opening presents at one time might be too much for Irina. It has been too much for me. :tongue: It still weeks away so we'll see what happens.
    My exercise for today will be straightening up the house before company comes and cleaning up the garage. I think that's enough. At least that's all I have time for. DH says he can tell I am losing weight. Scale doesn't reflect it but I can tell. I tend to always lose weight during this time of year. A few years ago when I lost 20 pounds it was during this time of year. I wonder why. I'll take it!
    Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
    Saturday boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    15 people opening presents at one time sounds like too much for just about anybody. Good luck with the conversation.

More sunshine!hooray!

Today is Zumba, followed by resting, followed by going out in my cowgirl costume. That seems like a pretty full day. Also, I am doing some laundry and some light tidying.

Super short checking, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Another glorious day here as well. Another Halloween/Pumpkin carving tonight. I'm making two fruit desserts for it, so maybe that will keep the chocolate in check. The chocolate always creeps up, and I have to kick it back down.

Today: yoga morning and getting the bike ride I missed yesterday.

Creepy chocolate, boogaloo
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi,

The weather outside is delightful. Why is it that I always feel bad when the weather is great? Time of the year I guess. I might be feeling a little better today than yesterday. I'm just really tired.
    I was prepared for Irina to "attach" to my mom again while they were here. She didn't. I was really surprised. She was sort of shy and hiding around me for awhile. But when we met them for lunch after church and then they left she mourned for them for a good hour. She was not happy that "baba" left. However she did go down for a nap relatively easy. She was a real pill this morning. I am torn between starting the diet tomorrow or taking them out to a fall festival. I am leaning towards staying in. It would be fun with the bounce houses and getting candy, but it will also be overwhelming for her and she will be getting candy that none of us need in the house. The sooner I can get us on this diet, the better I think. She and I both have been worse the last few days. I've had too much wheat. We never pass out candy to kids. I know it seems rude to turn off all the lights and hide but that's usually what we do...or go out. :tongue:
    Today's exercise has so far consisted of playing with Legos with Alex. :wink: Maybe later we will go for a walk. Looking forward to routine again tomorrow and working out. I've eaten out too much this weekend, so the diet is sort of welcomed for now. I'm curious what the outcome will be in a few days for me and Irina. I hope we are both feeling better, but then again that means a particular food(s) is a problem and will have to be eliminated at least for a while or used very rarely. I don't like limitation, hence the lack of weight loss. :ohwell:
    Limitations boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good morning!
    Last day of October? Really? How did that happen? I'm not ready for cold weather and holidays.

I decided to start the diet today. Yesterday was a rough day with Irina until last night when Steve played with her for a long time. I had forgotten about playing with the kids. :wink: I'm teasing. Although I haven't had as much time the last few days. I will make time today. But getting her started on the diet as soon as possible is in the best interest of everyone I think. The only real reason I had thought about taking them out to a fall festival tonight was so they could play on the bounce houses. Alex has been asking for a long time to go. Well, I found a place that has open play time tomorrow (says call ahead to make sure) from 11-1, so I think we might go do that instead. That way we can all avoid candy and the sadness that will follow from not being able to eat it for at least three weeks. :tongue: So we will watch a movie and play games. Steve will be gone to a meeting which is a bummer.
    Exercise wise I will work out during nap time I hope. I could have worked out this morning but I still feel kind of blah. I do seem to be feeling better though. I can also get a longer work out done this afternoon. I hope. I will also be doing some food prep today for the diet, and some cleaning to catch up from weekend destruction.
    Oh and I guess things went fine with my fam. I told them we would try to come down Thanksgiving weekend, though not necessarily on Thanksgiving, and Christmas was unknown. What will help is that we actually drew names this year. I hate not buying for everyone but this will make it SO much easier!
    So it begins BOOgaloo!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Happy Halloween!

Sometimes I wish they had bounce houses for adults. Though one time I got in the ball thingy and decided it really wasn't that much fun. Something about a padded bouncy room where you can scream your head off and jump up and down appeals.

Today - I'm teaching a class I advertized in the gym. We'll see how it goes. It's a hard workout (40 sun salutations with timed standing poses), so I may have a really small class. If it goes well, maybe I'll have another special class around New Year's - something about starting the New Year standing on your head. Also - regular yoga class tonight - I'm going to bring portions of the fruit dessert for everyone. There's plenty of the apple one, so I'll be eating on that this week.

We give out candy but hardly anyone comes by the house.

also - new thread tomorrow, whoever is first.

Bounce house, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    :yawn: Morning, happy Halloween!

I went out last night dressed like a cowgirl. Dancing. Today I'm a bit sore everywhere, but not as bad as I thought I'd be. Good times.

Today is hydrating, and eating and a possible walk (more sunshine, thank god!) other than that, I'm enjoying the brain respite since I finished my October work list before October was finished.:smile:

Bouncy castle for adults sounds awesome. I would go there.

Spooky scary booooogaloooooo.:flowerforyou: