Home Wrecker!!!

Options
help!! I recently reconnected with a guy that i knew in college. we were just friends back then but i always wanted something more and wasn't sure if he felt the same or not. now i know that he wanted me as much as i wanted him..... great!! wonderful!! sigh....

bad part - he's married and has three kids that he adores. he and his wife are not very compatico but they stay together for the kids. i don't wanna break up a marriage but i don't wanna lose him again.. what do i do?

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Walk away - or - be caught up in lots of drama
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Move along. Sounds like bad news.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    Please stay away. HE says they are only together for the kids. You never know what SHE would say/think/feel. Put yourself in her shoes...you wouldn't want someone to do that to you.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    IMO~ Respect that he is married and move on.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Don't be selfish. Walk away.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    He made his choice. Id move on...for sure.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WALK AWAY - he is off limits.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I agree walk away he has to live with his decisions.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Keep moving.. Seriously he is married, and says they are only together for the kids but you never know what she is thinking or if he is telling the truth.
  • chocolady123
    Options
    Stay away. Do not get involved. If he eventually gets a divorce and looks for you then that will be that.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    RUN!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hon the only thing you can do and not be a "homewrecker" is either say good bye or simply stay friends only... But sounds like the chemistry is too high tween ya'll to hang around him even as friends. You will have to lose him if you don't want to break up this family, but if they are only together for the kids it's not a truly happy family but me I wouldn't wanna be the other woman.. It's simply wrong to me, but that's me
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Do you really think he's going to leave his wife for you?

C'mon now, you already know the answer to this one.

If he's gonna cheat on his wife (who he has 3 kids with) do you really think he's gonna be faithful to you?

As my dad would've had said (who was a serial cheater/womanizer) "Once a cheat, always a cheat"
  • kmcw50
    kmcw50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They always say "they are staying together for the kids," don't get involved in that drama and old line. Point here is, he is still married and you wouldn't want another woman stepping on your toes right? Walk away.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Only you can make your choices.
  • pcronberg
    pcronberg Posts: 224
    Options
    I say you walk away for now. You can remain friends, but since you both have feelings for each other, that might not work as well. If he leaves his wife later, then you can jump back in. Bad marriage or not, they got married for a reason, they have children and there is a reason they are still together. People split all the time, kids or not. Once a marriage reaches a point that it is unhealthy for the kids, the couple realizes it is better to split, almost always. You don't want to feel responsible, or be responsible for them not working things out. I say, wait.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Think of the children as well and perhaps someday you'll meet someone dedicated to having your own also. Being friends even bears consequences at this point.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Please stay away. HE says they are only together for the kids. You never know what SHE would say/think/feel. Put yourself in her shoes...you wouldn't want someone to do that to you.
    ^
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Been through this before...

Two words: Walk away.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Do you really need to ask?? Married with three kids.........maybe when he's divorced with three kids.