If I ate a whole pie would I gain? Serious Question!

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Whether you would or wouldn't gain weight... why would you really need or want to eat the whole pie? :huh:
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that I would do this just due to the humiliation of logging this on MFP. I've lost a lot of weight by eating healthy and by not eating pie. My craving are just haunting me right now.School and work and life are really stressful right now. Everyone is taking this a different way that I intended.

Hasn't anyone ever had the "just throw in the towel" feeling? Giving up and giving in?

Noone is telling you not to indulge.

Everyone is telling you that eating a whole pie is really stupid, and they're all too nice to say it.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Probably could be a problem. Do they sell individual pieces? Then you can indulge and not feel guilty and not go overboard.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I know its stupid!!!! not going to do it! I am not throwing my efforts away
  • missaugustusgloop
    Options
    Do you really want to poop a whole chocolate pie (which oftentimes contains raw eggs)?

Hahaha
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I am craving chocolate cream pie and at the store they were on sale. Just torturing me!!!! Anyway I really want to buy one and eat the whole thing. I could easily eat it in one sitting, wouldn't take me very long.
    I am just curious to see what you think. If I were good all week long and on way day ate an entire pie if I would gain weight.

Has anybody ever done anything like this?

Look into the mirror and ask yourself...If I eat this 4 pound pie...all of it at once...will it go to my *kitten*? If you cannot answer this, you need help in recognition of reality.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Have a piece (1 square) of dark chocolate. That should fix you!

But yes you will probably gain some weight, it will take a day or so, but it will be there. But the damage it does to your intestines, blood sugar, brain, everything else, is much worse than the 1 or 1.5lbs you will gain!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I know its stupid!!!! not going to do it! I am not throwing my efforts away

Good deal.
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i see on your profile that you have lost weight and always tend to gain it back. maybe there's a pattern here? get some sugar free jello cups- only 60 calories per cup (dark chocolate)- maybe that will help your craving but i'd pass on eating a whole pie whether it would make you gain or not. you don't want to gain it all back again.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    could you even absorb all the calories in the pie if eaten all at once like that?
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Of course you will gain and over pie......

Buy a single slice and eat it very slow and enjoy every bit and then be done with it!!!!

The next day drink extra water and do some extra exercises during the week and it should help.

If you eat the whole pie, I think you will have guilt and then its not a treat. Enjoy the one piece!

Best of Luck!!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    could you even absorb all the calories in the pie if eaten all at once like that?

:noway:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Is that a "yes" or "no"? It's not like I'll lose a bunch of weight if I decided not to eat anything at all for one day (extreme calorie deficit vs extreme calorie surplus)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You seem to have more than enough advice already, but my 2 cents are as follows: sleep on it. If you still want to eat a whole pie tomorrow, do it. I know that I usually have cravings and a day later they are gone (especially stress related cravings).
  • Ketotaz
    Ketotaz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have lost 114 lbs!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You inspire me!
    I am 315 lbs. I wish I was 283 right now which WAS your starting weight!!!
    Do you remember how awful you felt at 283 lbs? You don't want to go back there :)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    First, yes I have done something like this! Not proud of it but it happens. Second, if you are talking abot the frozen chocolate cream pie that I am familiar with, they are not as big as folks here invision an entire pie to be. You have lost a lot of weight - far more than me so what I think doesn't count. I would look at the total calories from the entire pie and figure out something from there. We can't be perfect all the time but you know if you have the will power to eat the whole pie today and get back on track tomorrow. Good Luck!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    speaking from experience, this seems to be the sort of behavior that may have led to you needing to lose 100+ lbs to begin with. i am pretty sure there are other issues than just a pie here.....
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

Is that a "yes" or "no"? It's not like I'll lose a bunch of weight if I decided not to eat anything at all for one day (extreme calorie deficit vs extreme calorie surplus)

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking if you could overload your body to the point where they canceled each other out/weren't all absorbed by binging... We all wouldn't be here.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    I highly doubt that I would do this just due to the humiliation of logging this on MFP. I've lost a lot of weight by eating healthy and by not eating pie. My craving are just haunting me right now.School and work and life are really stressful right now. Everyone is taking this a different way that I intended.

Hasn't anyone ever had the "just throw in the towel" feeling? Giving up and giving in?

All of us feel that way, sometimes. But that's what little treats are for - learning to manage cravings and sweets in a healthy manner. If you can't want chocolate cream pie without wanting an ENTIRE chocolate cream pie, you have a relationship with food that most people can't relate to. Much of the sentiment in the comments has been about how sick you will feel after eating so much at once, to the point where people can't understand the appeal. You said you lost and gained back before - maybe the connection between excessive consumption of food and stress is why. Maybe what you need to focus on now is incorporating treats into your diet without going overboard or throwing in the towel. Even most fat people don't eat an entire pie in one sitting - most overconsume slowly, almost without realizing it. Won't you get full after a couple slices, anyways, to the point where eating more will just be punishing yourself?

Please take care of yourself, and don't give up. Remember that although being fat has negative health consequences, so does dramatic weight fluctuations. You can do it!!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Here's why you want to eat the whole pie. http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20111026/weight-regain-may-not-be-due-to-lack-of-willpower

You have had a great deal of success. Stay the course, stay away from chocolate pies, and tell those hormone demons to get away!