1000 Minutes in November!

Options
Hello!

I know a couple of people have showed interest in taking part in my 1000 minutes (of exercise!) challenge in November and I thought the easiest way of us to communicate and keep track of everything is through making a thread/topic, and so here we are!

Anyone is welcome to join in with this challenge. It works out to roughly 33 minutes of exercise which we can all do, so best of luck to everyone with it! Have a great day and happy first day of November :smile:

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    I will join your challenge. How do you want to log it?
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    oooOOoo this sounds like a great challenge for me! I've never done one before but am looking to try it out, but I don't think i can handle anything really complicated like teams and stuff. How do we log it? once a week?
  • paintingcrew
    Options
    I'd be interested in this too. How do you want it logged?
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm interested!!
  • arzimmerman
    arzimmerman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining too! I need some extra motivation to kick off the holiday season.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    If there's only a few of us taking part in this challenge I am happy to keep track of everyone's minutes (on the basis that you post them on a regular basis in this thread) but otherwise I'm going to leave it down to individuals to keep track of their own minutes, as there could be too many people to keep track of and I wouldn't want to miss any one out. You can simply post a 'result' of minutes at the end of the day, or week, or even at the end of the month with a total if you'd like. I have a 'ticker' in my signature which is going to help me keep track of the minutes I've completed throughout the month.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... what if I do more than this every month? Maybe I should just make it 1,000 minutes of anything besides strength training :D

Holy cow, I never realized I spent so much time weight lifting....
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm thinking the easiest way to track it is to just start logging how much time you spend working out each day!
  • oneofHiskids
    oneofHiskids Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun and motivation. Let's begin!!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hmmm... what if I do more than this every month? Maybe I should just make it 1,000 minutes of anything besides strength training :D

Holy cow, I never realized I spent so much time weight lifting....

If you do more than that then that's fantastic! The goal is to do at least 1000 minutes, but any more than that will be great.
    Count me in!!! I'm thinking the easiest way to track it is to just start logging how much time you spend working out each day!

That's what I'm going to be doing, simply recording/logging my exercise minutes on a daily basis based on how much exercise I've done in the day.
  • snookumss
    Options
    How do you get a ticker for your exercise minutes made?
  • paintingcrew
    Options
    Well I can say that I have done 35 Minutes of Walk/Jog today....might even do some more tonight! Will not post the strength training either....usually get a hour a day all together.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    1k is a great way for me to start a new program...thx
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge to me! Let's do this :bigsmile:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options

I made mine on a website called Lilyslim. The URL is www.lilyslim.com :smile:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I have noted the names of everyone wishing to take part in this challenge and made a simple spreadsheet to keep track of the minutes you complete. As I said, I'd prefer everyone to keep a record of their own minutes, but if you can ensure you post regular results in this topic then I too can keep a record. I hope this makes sense for everyone. You can post daily, weekly or even at the end of this month but I'll be posting daily.

paintingcrew is the only member to have posted minutes for the day and is in the lead so far, with 35 minutes.

I understand many of you will complete more than 1000 minutes, which is great. The goal is to do at least 1000 minutes so if you can do more than that, fantastic!

It was decided between myself and another MFP member when setting up this challenge that the 1000 minutes would involve cardio activities and exercises only, so apologies to those who do a lot of strength, or who only complete strength exercises.

Again, best of luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing if we can all achieve our 1000 minutes!
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    I'm in - sounds like just what I need!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options

So how do you add your minutes? Do you make a new ticker every day?
  • snookumss
    Options

So how do you add your minutes? Do you make a new ticker every day?

GOOD QUESTION... I don't know how it updates...?