Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! (CLOSED GRP) - YES!!

Options

Replies

• Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    You bet we can do this! One temptation is down for the holiday season (Halloween). Hope everyone did ok with not giving in and scarfing tons of candy. I had a few pieces but then kicked my workout up a notch this morning, so no harm done I hope :bigsmile:
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OK--I AM joining the Move Your *kitten* November Challenge! Thanks for the encouragement--I definitely need it! :happy:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    09/05: 125.8
    09/12: 124.6
    09/19: 124.4
    09/26: 125.4
    10/03: 125.8
    10/10: 124.2
    10/17: 125.2
    10/24: 121.8
    10/31: 123.2
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24:

Okay - that is to be expected on holiday weigh-ins. I forgot to post this yesterday. I had to delete my mini goals - they were depressing me because I've never met any of them! Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Week8.jpg
    Week81.jpg
    Snowmen81.jpg
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't able to post my weight, we are without powe,heat,hotwater and phones since Saturday. we are in survival mode!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Scarlettdawn764 - I thought it was so great that you recognized that you needed to do something different for yourself last week and that it worked out so well!

AmyByExample - Sending good thoughts that your sister will have her baby soon and that all will be well this time! It is definitely okay to change your mini goals. They are to inspire/challenge you, not to make you feel bad, etc. "power outage"... Could be.

nwohler - That's so wonderful about your skinny jeans NSV!

fatchristine - "feel free to keep me accountable"... What exactly would you like?

stressd1mom - Giving up your "wine indulgence" really worked out well for you! Alcohol actually depresses the metabolism about 75% so it really is a dieting nightmare!

shannonaufman - Actually, I prefer that you post your weight instead. :-) I'm sorry to you and bluiz13 that I didn't get your % numbers in on the chart this week!

ysamatar - Good luck with your situation!

Congrats to stephr2014 for getting into the 150s and to gmomlyn for getting into the 170s!

Congrats to kcthatsme, stressd1mom (sorry I spelled your name wrong on the picture), nekosimba, Scarlettdawn764, gmomlyn, and NewImproved2011 on being this week's biggest losers!

Congratulations to gmomlyn for being our overall biggest loser of pounds and percentage!

NewImproved2011 - Since this is your first time being highlighted (Congrats!), will you please give us our mini challenge this week?
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I'll be posting weights from now on. I feel like I'm kind of on a roll and I'm really excited about it. Don't apologize -- this was a decision we made for ourselves. It was a great decision for me personally, but I'm also excited to be weighing in again. I'm feeling less attached to the scale and more attached to my day-to-day/meal-to-meal/exercise-to-exercise choices. Life is good and I am on the right track!

Thank you Kristen, for your patience and commitment to this challenge. I really hope you decide to do another (even though I completely understand if you don't). It's been really helpful and kept me motivated!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Once upon a time there was a little girl who had an older sister that was 9 years older than her. The older sister was beautiful and thin. Everywhere they'd go, people would tell the little sister "You two don't look ANYTHING alike!" As the little girl grew up, she soon realized that to be a put down. She eventually learned how to make herself look pretty but she always felt fat. She was at the high weight of 120 when she got married. Over the years, she ended up gaining weight. Then in February of this year, she started on MFP at the weight of 181. Over the years, the older sister had gained weight too. The younger sister used to think that if she would just start losing weight, that she could, finally, for once in her life, weigh less than her older sister. So she started losing weight. Her sister wasn't why she started to lose weight but the weight was coming off. In the summer, the older sister went to visit the younger sister. They weighed the same weight of 159! After visiting the younger sister, the older sister went on a diet and exercise program (for the first time in her life). They have both continued to lose weight. The older sister weighs less than the younger sister... still. ~~ The End ~~

As you can guess, I'm the younger sister. Even though I haven't been losing weight to be smaller than my sister, I was looking forward to it. I'm sure that might sound stupid but there is a lot between my sister and I (that isn't so great) that I'm not going to write about here. I have been feeling down and doing some sabotages to my weight loss since I found out what her current weight is. I'm acknowledging and stopping it now. I have certain goals I'm trying to accomplish, for me, that I won't if I don't keep moving forward. I want to be in the 130s going into the new year. I want to be 130 by March 7th. Both of those goals are definitely doable but not if I'm going to derail myself. This is my motto today ‎"set backs are only opportunities for come backs".

On an uplifting note... I went to visit my daughter and granddaughter(as you know). When my daughter hugged me hello and goodbye, both times she said "You are getting soooo SKINNY!" Another daughter, last night, asked me if I've lost more weight since she saw me last. She saw me 8 days ago... ;-)

shannonaufman - I'm definitely in to do another challenge for the group. I already have the next chart made up. ;-) Here's a peek...

Preview.jpg

I'm glad your measurement decision worked out so well for you!

gr8grl68 - I am going to comment on motivation later. :-)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Once upon a time there was a little girl who had an older sister that was 9 years older than her. The older sister was beautiful and thin. Everywhere they'd go, people would tell the little sister "You two don't look ANYTHING alike!" As the little girl grew up, she soon realized that to be a put down. She eventually learned how to make herself look pretty but she always felt fat. She was at the high weight of 120 when she got married. Over the years, she ended up gaining weight. Then in February of this year, she started on MFP at the weight of 181. Over the years, the older sister had gained weight too. The younger sister used to think that if she would just start losing weight, that she could, finally, for once in her life, weigh less than her older sister. So she started losing weight. Her sister wasn't why she started to lose weight but the weight was coming off. In the summer, the older sister went to visit the younger sister. They weighed the same weight of 159! After visiting the younger sister, the older sister went on a diet and exercise program (for the first time in her life). They have both continued to lose weight. The older sister weighs less than the younger sister... still. ~~ The End ~~

As you can guess, I'm the younger sister. Even though I haven't been losing weight to be smaller than my sister, I was looking forward to it. I'm sure that might sound stupid but there is a lot between my sister and I (that isn't so great) that I'm not going to write about here. I have been feeling down and doing some sabotages to my weight loss since I found out what her current weight is. I'm acknowledging and stopping it now. I have certain goals I'm trying to accomplish, for me, that I won't if I don't keep moving forward. I want to be in the 130s going into the new year. I want to be 130 by March 7th. Both of those goals are definitely doable but not if I'm going to derail myself. This is my motto today ‎"set backs are only opportunities for come backs".

On an uplifting note... I went to visit my daughter and granddaughter(as you know). When my daughter hugged me hello and goodbye, both times she said "You are getting soooo SKINNY!" Another daughter, last night, asked me if I've lost more weight since she saw me last. She saw me 8 days ago... ;-)

shannonaufman - I'm definitely in to do another challenge for the group. I already have the next chart made up. ;-) Here's a peek...

Preview.jpg

I'm glad your doing another challenge after this one! I'm going to need another challenge. My goal is to be 145-150 by my birthday next May. I'm hoping I can meet it.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i find that setting goals whether daily or weekly and posting makes me accountable...the goals dont change much from day to day but i still post them in my feed so others help hold me to it...checking in on me to make sure i'm moving or getting my water in or going to bed on time...i also find prelogging food in my diary helps me stay on track with my eating.....as well as making the workouts appointments I MUST KEEP WITH MYSELF...i have to say having them on my calendar and a regular part of my week makes it easier to get them in...i have 1 day of rest right now with 3 days of the new rules of lifting for women and 3 days of 1/2 marathon training...i have put all the workouts on a calendar and in my phone so i get reminders that popup...having the beep beep beep chime off when it's time to get on the treadmill to watch biggest loser is a "silly" thing but it helps make me GOOOOO....i also try my damnedest to get my workout clothes on before i lose motivation...so if i'm working out at night after the runts go to bed, i get dressed before dinner so when they are done i'm off to workout...if im in my work clothes or my jammies, i'm certainly not going to go get changed for a workout then....so being dressed and ready to go has really helped me....hope my suggestions help....
    Holy cow--I weighed myself in the morning and then went to my daughter's preschool for Halloween party and totally forgot to log it here!

I am down a smidge to 196.4

I just haven't been motivated lately and it makes me sad and angry! I am in a no sugar challenge at work (anything considered junk sugar--natural sugars are fine) so at least I've been doing that.

Feeling stuck . . . how do you re-motivate yourself? I definitely don't want to quit this challenge but I know I haven't been giving it my all like I know I should. . . .
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    kristen, i am the older sister (we are stepsisters but we might as well be blood because we share a brain. our birthday's are 8 years apart less 7days) and I have ALWAYS been the heavy one....obviously when we were younger it didnt count but after college for me and into high school for her i was in the 200s and she was still an athletic 145ish (she was a swimmer thru college)...

anyway, she had baby #3 last september and after having the baby was at her all time high of 180ish?? and i was in the "thick" of getting my shiat together and figuring this stuff out and losing weight...i have tried soooo hard to "pass" her especially when she stalled out this summer and was stuck in the 170s...i was sure i'd pass her @ss but to no avail she jump started again and is down into the low 160s fighting to get securely into the 150s....i'm hovering right above 170 and am pushing sooo hard to get into the 160s this month....my goal for this challenge is still 159 by 12/26 and i'm hoping she is there by then too...it would be the first time ever we have been sooo close in weight....she is my best friend and i am forever grateful for her daily support, but i honestly dont know if she realizes how badly i want to pass her on the scale lol....she's on MFP but not a part of our challenge so she probably wont see this but maybe i should tell her how i feel??? not that i want her to stop her journey or that i want to sabotage her efforts in any way, BUT i have just never been the skinnier friend, sister, daughter, wife, employee.....and i'm actually almost there....it feels great and i'm just gonna keep on plugging along...it will come....i've been doing this for almost 4 yrs now what the hell are a few more months lol to keep my life in order...this life if mine and i'm going to keep living it to the fullest.....thanks for reading my book lol...

• julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everone this week!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

Preview.jpg

i with abbyg...soooo happy that you are thinking of doing another challenge, thank you, kristen for the work that you put in...:flowerforyou:
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Please I want to sign up for the new challenge. You are a great leader and this keeps me motivated. Thanks for all your work.

Preview.jpg

• Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up for this challenge, I didn't think I'd make it to my goal weight (which is my official final weight loss destination) by Christmas. Now here I am, 7 pounds away from the weight I want to be and it seems possible! If I make it to my goal, I will for sure miss being with this group for the Eggcellence by Easter challenge.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kristen for doing another challenge, sounds like we all need it again.:bigsmile:
    My weight has been inching along as you can see. But what I didn't know was the 75%
    of alcohol sabotaging my weight loss. I usually keep the drinking for the weekends but
    as you know we have been having alot of parties lately. This weekend a Christmas party
    from my hubby's boss and his coworkers. I did decide to keep my wine drinking just for
    parties and no other occasions. My husband's family are big drinkers and I can go on.:cry:
    Not an excuse to indulge I know.

I hope to keep strong on this.

I also have a sister who is 8 years younger than me. Unfortunately we don't see each other.
    Reasons I don't want to go into. So I can relate with your story. :smile:

Thanks again for all your hard work.
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kristen, I too am the younger sister. My older sister (while I love her dearly) is and always was the 'cute, skinny one'. However, she gained lots of weight over the years & ended up having gastric bypass to shed all her weight. Now that I am doing it the hard way (no offense meant to anyone who has had it) she doesn't seem to like it too much. Whenever she sees me now she tells me how good I look & I shouldn't lose another pound. Let's not care that my BMI is still in the obese category even after losing almost 57 lbs. I did not start losing weight as any sort of competition at all, but I have to admit I derive a little bit of pleasure when she tells me I shouldn't lose any more weight.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the biggest losers and congrats to everyone for staying the course. Even if the wind blows us alittle off course. Bravo!!!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    I'll comment on more later (and never got to "motivation" last night) but here is where I got the info about the alcohol.

http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm

It's actually 73%. Still high... It's a little way down the page.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up for this challenge, I didn't think I'd make it to my goal weight (which is my official final weight loss destination) by Christmas. Now here I am, 7 pounds away from the weight I want to be and it seems possible! If I make it to my goal, I will for sure miss being with this group for the Eggcellence by Easter challenge.

awesome, that your goal is in sight.... maybe you can still be part of the group,,,instead of pounds, make it inches lost,:flowerforyou: good luck and continued success