Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! (CLOSED GRP) - YES!!

Options

Replies

• Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congrats biggest losers of the week keep up the great work!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...sorry I have been quiet but this Halloween party is driving me insane....hehe looney.....After the 30th I will regain my typing frenzie. Miss you

Congrats to all your losers and thank you for all your support. The scale never seemed to budge but I fit in a size 29 waist pants today....Im so excited:)

Have a great week...Eat well, love hard and stay hydrated
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :noway: I can't believe it. I have wanted to be highlighted since the group started. This week has been horrible. My BFF of many years lost her twins. I was at the hospital all weekend. :cry: I hve been stressed to the max. I am so happy to have this site and have this group. The challenge has made me stick with it and work hard. Thank you. Now on to working hard some more so I can get highlighted again.
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    :noway: I can't believe it. I have wanted to be highlighted since the group started. This week has been horrible. My BFF of many years lost her twins. I was at the hospital all weekend. :cry: I hve been stressed to the max. I am so happy to have this site and have this group. The challenge has made me stick with it and work hard. Thank you. Now on to working hard some more so I can get highlighted again.
    so sorry for all of you...thank goodness she has you for support...now to take care of yourself too!!!!
    peace
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

So sorry about your bff. You all are in my prayers!
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    10/24: 174.8 Darn weight fluctuations!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    shickam062604 - My goals are to exercise more and to stay smart with my food. Two weeks ago I was so sick that I couldn’t exercise. Last week I took it slow. It’s time to kick it in gear again!

Jelybe - Thanks for our challenges!

LadyPersia - Yay for smaller pants!

annehdavis - I’m soooo sorry for your friend. :-( How did she lose her twins? Birth? Some other way? My thoughts are with you tonight.
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    gmomlyn - Good luck toward the 170s this week! Yay for tasty food (and great food choices) and fun shopping!

AmyByExample - You are still at a loss, overall. You can get lower/smaller! We are here to help!

vallejos6 - Yay for your treadmill today!

Jelybe - Loved your post! :-)

Niveous - I'm sorry that your scale just doesn't want to budge. I'm glad that you are still working towards your goal and losing inches in the process!

Bearface115 - Try fixing your diet. If the scale still isn't cooperating, your muscles might still be holding on to water since you've been working them so much lately (with your trainer)!

LadyPersia & Scarlettdawn764 - Congrats on getting into the 130s! I can't wait to join both of you!

jek002 - Congrats on getting into the 140s! It's nice to see you here again, also!

AbbyGrl72 - Congrats on being in the last "decade" of the 200s! Before you know it, you'll be in ONEderland!

I know I wrote it before but... Congrats to jllipson for getting into ONDERLAND!!

Thank you Kc! I'm hoping so very much that I get to 198 by Christmas...I will warn everyone I will be crying, and probably running status updates every 20 minutes on how I feel. lol. I haven't seen 198 since my youngest son was conceived, and that was 13 years ago! Everyone is doing so awesome in this challenge...and so far in this challenge I have managed to not gain! I'm doing the happy dance for sure. :)
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    "It burns up to 50 calories if you laugh for 10 to 15 minutes per day," says Adelino Da Costa, owner of Punch Fitness Center in New York City.

Now THERE's a way to burn those 50 calories a day for our weekly challenge!!!!!
    Come on everyone.......HAve a laugh!!!!

HAve a great day everybody!!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I missed weigh in this week. Good news mom was released from the hospital yesterday. She still has to have some physical therapy before she can actually go home but she is much closer to home. It was nice to be able to be home and sleep in my own bed last night.

Congrats to all the losers this week. Keep up the good work!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

sorry for your friend...cannot imaige the pain....
  • Pam3
    Options
    kristen, great chart as usual...congrats to all the big loser,,,,,for those that maintain, good.....and for those of us that gain, well heres to this week...

jen thanks for the mini challenge for this week, as A,,,i agree that whats on our to do list needs to be elimated as soon as possible

i still feel a bit sluggish(dont have my usual engery)i dont think it can be from the red eye flight on thursday-friday morning....

i am back on track with my meals and yesterday i was able to do 120minutes(no spinning though)....

have a good day all:flowerforyou:
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Anne......So sorry about your friend losing her babies. I can't imagine her pain either. You are a super friend to be with her when she needs you the most!

Julidav......Glad about your mom coming home....and sleeping in your own bed really is the best! Isn't it true....there's no place like home??!!

Jen.....love the mini challenge. I'm pushing for more calories burned in exercise this last week of October. As far as my "to-do" list?
    LOL....is there ever enough time to get everything done? I have an always-growing, never-ending list! Plus, when I do my WATP videos, I always laugh when I hear Leslie Sansone say while we're walking "Walk away from that laundry! Your health is more important than that laundry!" LOL....one evening my husband is going to come home and find me in front of the TV walking naked with Leslie surrounded by a mountain of dirty clothes!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on everyone who lost this week. :drinker:

I hope to take advantage of taking 50 calories off my calorie intake this week.
    That will be my mini challenge for this week. :bigsmile:

Make Yourself necessary to somebody>>>>Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Pam3: You were asking about upper body exercises. The Will boxing is great.
    In fact that reminded me to start that again myself. I have to get my Wii
    operating for the Winter. Just doing some strength training like weights can help.
    You may try some Yoga postions to keep fit. Good Luck with your exercise
    planning you can do this. !! Hope the knee feels better.
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I definately need to invest in a new scale. I have had enough with mine it keeps reading a new number each time I step on even if I was on it 20 secs ago it will read something different 2 minutes later or the needle will keep moving, I don't even know what my real weight is anymore. Anyways hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and congrats to the winners. You can put me down for 194
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so excited to be a big loser!

I'm going to give options for the mini challenge...

Choice A.) Pick that one thing that's been on your to-do list forever. You know? That thing you have been procrastinating on and it's been in the back of your mind, nagging at you? That thing. Do it. You have an entire week! You can do it!

Choice B) Add 50 more calories burned to your exercise routine. OR, strike 50 calories from your daily intake. If you have trouble eating enough calories, add 50 calories to your daily intake.

I'm going to do both. For A, I am going to update my pricing for my portrait photography business, and for B, I am going to add an additional 50 calories burned per day.

Have a great week everyone! I look forward to hearing about your successful mini challenges!

:flowerforyou:
    ~Jen

Edited to add: Challenge A is because I believe those mental blocks, like things hovering on our to-do list for instance, keeps us from moving forward and acheiving our goals. It's a mental weight. So I'm hoping to help at least one person feel a little lighter as it pertains to our daily tasks. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Jen! I have an office that needs some major organizing! I am going to also add more calories burned to my exercise. :smile: Great challenge!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest i've been feeling a little sad lately about my weight and I don't see myself hitting my original goal at this point. I don't know what's going on but I can't seem to lose fast enough like everyone. I'm always under my calorie goal and I have been switching it up too, I keep my excercises constant 4-5 days with a new activity but nothing. Whenever I am done logging my calories in for the day it tells me that by 5 weeks I should be around 182-187 and 5 weeks has long past and i'm still in the 190s. I make sure to watch my sodium and I usually only go over once a week by about 300 and I make up for it by drinking quite a bit of water but that doesn't seem to help out. I'm starting to feel embarassed showing up here and gaining/losing the same 2-3 pounds each week.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for trying something different.
  • Pam3
    Options
    I have to be honest i've been feeling a little sad lately about my weight and I don't see myself hitting my original goal at this point. I don't know what's going on but I can't seem to lose fast enough like everyone. I'm always under my calorie goal and I have been switching it up too, I keep my excercises constant 4-5 days with a new activity but nothing. Whenever I am done logging my calories in for the day it tells me that by 5 weeks I should be around 182-187 and 5 weeks has long past and i'm still in the 190s. I make sure to watch my sodium and I usually only go over once a week by about 300 and I make up for it by drinking quite a bit of water but that doesn't seem to help out. I'm starting to feel embarassed showing up here and gaining/losing the same 2-3 pounds each week.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for trying something different.

bella ...im sorry you're feeling low.....YOU are not alone....i eat for the most part well, log everything keep in the green numbers, exercise often(if not everyday)and i lose VERY slowly....i dont have a solution all i can say is KEEP it up....you are eating well, exercising all those things are a healther you, the weight WILL come off....maybe you have lost inches???:flowerforyou: good luck
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm soooo excited to be added back to the chart with a LOSS next week...cause you know i better have a loss after not weighing since 9/25/11....i do not expect to be even be counted for the week but i am looking forward to seeing a smaller number than 174.2 which is where i was back at the end of september....i'll do measurements too and report them to the thread but after next week i'll be back to weighing weekly for the challenge....i'm not missing the scale but am looking forward to seeing if my hard work has paid off these last 4+wks...anyway, great job to the losers this week....gmomlyn i am soooo envious of your consistent losses but also proud of you for sticking it out and working so hard every week...great work......