Did any of you turn a FWB into a... relationship?

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

To answer your question, I have not. Once feelings come into play I'm done. I'm just not in a place where I'm looking for that, to be honest, I find guys who are into me to be unattractive. It's a bit of a problem...

What about girls? :wink:

I tend to not date girls because of the whole feelings thing; girls are my "sometimes treat" as my friend calls them.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    I'm actually doing this now.
    I currently have a FWB.. But we are talking about starting a relationship within the next couple weeks.
    So you're thinking of starting a relationship in the next couple of weeks? LOL sounds like you two are acting like you're going to sign a contract together or something.

I'm really glad I wasn't the only person who had that thought.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    At what point to you realize you aren't going to and don't want to date other people?? Cause then they're no longer a FWB, you just are in a relationship but in denial! *LOL*

It makes me feel like a needy prude to have to have some sort of expectation of monogamy within a few months... *LOL*

For me, I was like "Look, I'm in med school now, and there's hot successful guys all about, so if you wanna lock it down, now would be the time."

And he was all "****. Well, alright."
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Next question why do you care if your friend has benefits...it's not like you can be on their health insurance.
    LOL!! Maybe I'm just really tired, but that was hilarious! :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    At what point to you realize you aren't going to and don't want to date other people?? Cause then they're no longer a FWB, you just are in a relationship but in denial! *LOL*

It makes me feel like a needy prude to have to have some sort of expectation of monogamy within a few months... *LOL*

For me, I was like "Look, I'm in med school now, and there's hot successful guys all about, so if you wanna lock it down, now would be the time."

And he was all "****. Well, alright."

Love it.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    No....I hate to admit this, but I am too prude to even have a FWB.

Yeah, don't be ashamed. I haven't either. I didn't think FWB happened that often. God, I feel so sheltered.
  • I started out as FWB...then it turned into relationship, then back to FWB...then back to relationship...it's been a revolving door for me...I am ready to stop the door...LOL becuz I have commitment issues!!! UGH!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    I had a really good friend that turned into a FWB . Problem was to me that meant I was still single and ended up starting to date someone else. Since I didnt want to juggle people (ew) I told him we could no longer be FWB. He didnt take it well. Turns out he was in love with me and I had no clue. To this day he still gets kinda wierd around me. Its almost like now that Im single he wants to go that route again but doesnt want to say anything. Currently this is all Im looking for.My relationships tend to be very one sided and this was much easier.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,374 Member
    Next question why do you care if your friend has benefits...it's not like you can be on their health insurance.
    LOL!! Maybe I'm just really tired, but that was hilarious! :laugh:

I'm voting that you're really tired!!!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Yes. But I don't feel like getting into the details now. It just happened. I think we waited for longer than a year to discuss.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    My FWB always stayed FWB. I never stayed long enough/interested enough to have it turn into anything.

That and for some it's a hard transition when your entire relationship only exists between 2-4am.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    My FWB always stayed FWB. I never stayed long enough/interested enough to have it turn into anything.

That and for some it's a hard transition when your entire relationship only exists between 2-4am.

Thats not a FWB, that's a booty call. In a FWB, you actually have a friend relationship. At least that was my understanding...
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    I had a FWB in college but ended it when I found someone else and was in a relationship for 3 years. At then end of that relationship, the FWB said he made a mistake letting me go and wanted something more. We were together for a year and a half. It was a great relationship but I don't think he and I were meant to be together. Now we're back to FWB. :)
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Friends with benafits
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member

Thats not a FWB, that's a booty call. In a FWB, you actually have a friend relationship. At least that was my understanding...

That is exactly what I was thinking. FWB and Booty call are two very different things.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    i had a fwb for a month and after that couldnt stand not knowing wtf we were so i moved away lol
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Luckily, I like.

To answer your question, I have not. Once feelings come into play I'm done. I'm just not in a place where I'm looking for that, to be honest, I find guys who are into me to be unattractive. It's a bit of a problem...

I'm just as mental... Once they are all in I lose interest sometimes. WTH. Ridiculous.

I used to be like this too.....thrill of the chase and all. That's how I knew my hubby was the one.....when he started liking me back I still liked him too!!!

But I'm also very old fashioned....I believe that any sexual relationship should be with someone that you are committed to so I'm kinda against the whole FWB thing. I would say no sex until marriage but I didn't believe that when I was younger and made 1 mistake before my husband. Now that is what I believe.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    My husband and I started as just friends and stayed that way for almost a year before we started dating. Unfortunately for him, he didn't get any benefits until we had officially defined the relationship!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Don't want to sound all sappy and get my man card revoked, but since my wife is my best friend and we are enjoying the "benefits", I suppose my relationship and FWB are one and the same.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    i had a fwb for a month and after that couldnt stand not knowing wtf we were so i moved away lol

You didn't move away because of it, did you? Haha, that seems a little drastic!