!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do another DVD a group of people as it helps me so much with being accountable. I'm not in a position to be the leader/administrator though ;) I'm happy to go with the flow :)

I've got Ripped in 30 waiting in a drawer, still in the plastic. :blushing: Anyone else interested in continuing after the Shred and doing Ripped in 30?

Another idea is to mix up the Shred and do a leve 1/2/3 routine where we do level 1 on Monday, level 2 on Tuesday, level 3 on Wednesday, level one on Thursday and so forth....

I'm totally open. I just know I need the group to keep me going.

!!!!!!You guys are great!!!!!!
    [/quote]I agree! I'd definitely be in on whatever you guys wanted to do next!!
    Love the 'before' and 'during' pictures already! GREAT job!
    This group is going strong. Illnesses and life getting in the way is to be expected, but I'm so impressed with you guys overall!

I am still dealing with strep, and Halloween's busy season, and did end up missing 2 days. Sunday made Day 10 of level 1 for me, so I plan to start level 2 today. I've got a leg injury and can't run again tonight, hoping to get back into that game Thursday. Between then and now, I better kick butt on level 2, b/c it'll be all I'm really doing!

Sorry to hear about your leg. I'm in the same boat. Are you modifying the workouts or are you able to get through them but just not run? I literally can't do any jumping. Still going to slowly step through things and do Levels 1 and 2 today to burn some more calories. Supposed to do a 4.5 mi run but that is out. Maybe stationary bike? I'd love to know how you work around injuries.
    Hope you feel better (strep)!
    Cristi
    Thank you! The strep is on it's way out, with the help of antibiotics. I'm sorry about your injury, too! You are much more advanced than I am for running, I am only stalled on week 5 of the C25K. I'm doing a lot of spinning, some walking, and some slacking TBH, in the meantime. For the 30DS, I am cutting the jumping jacks, butt-kicks, and most of the jump-roping... I'm kind of running in place or running around my house during those times, sometimes I do my stairs over and again. I had shin-splits at first, and those activities felt WORSE than running for them! I'm also just trying to be careful with my knees during the squats and lunges.
    Good luck! Hope you heal quickly!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today will be my Day 10 of Level 1 :smile: I probably will stay with level 1 the rest of this week and start level 2 this Saturday unitl I really master those push ups!! Almost there.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 15 level 2 done. I cant believe I manage to finished two workout of level 2 in one day. day 14 in the morning and day 15 at night all in level 2. I'm so happy. Tomorrow head up to day 16. wooohooo!!
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 15 level 2 done. I cant believe I manage to finished two workout of level 2 in one day. day 14 in the morning and day 15 at night all in level 2. I'm so happy. Tomorrow head up to day 16. wooohooo!!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do another DVD a group of people as it helps me so much with being accountable. I'm not in a position to be the leader/administrator though ;) I'm happy to go with the flow :)

I've got Ripped in 30 waiting in a drawer, still in the plastic. :blushing: Anyone else interested in continuing after the Shred and doing Ripped in 30?

Another idea is to mix up the Shred and do a leve 1/2/3 routine where we do level 1 on Monday, level 2 on Tuesday, level 3 on Wednesday, level one on Thursday and so forth....

I'm totally open. I just know I need the group to keep me going.

!!!!!!You guys are great!!!!!!
    I agree! I'd definitely be in on whatever you guys wanted to do next!!
    Love the 'before' and 'during' pictures already! GREAT job!
    This group is going strong. Illnesses and life getting in the way is to be expected, but I'm so impressed with you guys overall!

I am still dealing with strep, and Halloween's busy season, and did end up missing 2 days. Sunday made Day 10 of level 1 for me, so I plan to start level 2 today. I've got a leg injury and can't run again tonight, hoping to get back into that game Thursday. Between then and now, I better kick butt on level 2, b/c it'll be all I'm really doing!

Sorry to hear about your leg. I'm in the same boat. Are you modifying the workouts or are you able to get through them but just not run? I literally can't do any jumping. Still going to slowly step through things and do Levels 1 and 2 today to burn some more calories. Supposed to do a 4.5 mi run but that is out. Maybe stationary bike? I'd love to know how you work around injuries.
    Hope you feel better (strep)!
    Cristi
    Thank you! The strep is on it's way out, with the help of antibiotics. I'm sorry about your injury, too! You are much more advanced than I am for running, I am only stalled on week 5 of the C25K. I'm doing a lot of spinning, some walking, and some slacking TBH, in the meantime. For the 30DS, I am cutting the jumping jacks, butt-kicks, and most of the jump-roping... I'm kind of running in place or running around my house during those times, sometimes I do my stairs over and again. I had shin-splits at first, and those activities felt WORSE than running for them! I'm also just trying to be careful with my knees during the squats and lunges.
    Good luck! Hope you heal quickly!
    [/quote]

Thanks. I am doing the same thing with 30DS. I just substitute where I can--like the punches. I love the C25K program!!! I used to run a lot (marathons) then got injured and couldn't really do anything. Finally in Feb., I just started very easily. Really--like a mile, which was really hard. My lungs were on fire. My kids were laughing at me because I used to be able to beat them. During the spring and summer I just added tiny bits and walked a lot. In Sept. I was probably up to 3 miles, so I started B210K. I finished that mid Oct. and started Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training. Then boom--my calf on Sunday. Not going to panic. I'm scheduled to run the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, so no big worries yet. Just important to get healthy and not push it.(which was what I'd do in the past) Congratulations on C25K!!!! Let me know how it's going. It's so inspiring to hear of people's progress, especially when things come up and some how they keep with it. It's all good!!!!!

Cristi
    caiconCristi
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 17 Done! Did L1 and L2.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 16 L2. Vraises be gone,i do not enjoy you!:grumble:
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level 2 completed this morning, I'm seriously lagging behind :-(
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 16, level 2 done. I need a massage, my shoulders are hurting.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Cristi, that's great! I'm sorry you hit a roadblock, but sounds like you will ease past it. I can't wait to be able to run like that!

OK, I did level one today! ROUGH! So I'm at 11 days, 1 at level 2, 10 at level one.

How are you guys feeling on results? I'm definitely noticing. I had started the Shred before this thread, then re-started it to join the group, so I had a few days extra, but still, I can definitely see a difference. I'll have to remeasure soon...
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Day 15 and 16 done! Level 2 (day 5 and 6)!

Oh-my-gosh.. me too... did you almost die between sessions?! I had skipped one day (after finishing the first 10 days of level 1) Now I'm back on track with day 6 (16) of level two. Alllllmost chickened out after the first round though. Well done! :drinker:
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Level2 day 5 (?) completed. Never managed a shred last night cos we were at the Alice Cooper Halloween show which was fantastic! Didn't shred, but probably jumped about and danced enough to make up for it ;)!

I was hoping to do a level 3 to catch up, but then was going to back out, until I read the previous posts... Wish me luck- here goes nothing!!
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Phew! Level 3 done and I've caught up. Now throw me in the shower before I flood the place;)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Day 16 lvl 3 done.
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    day 1 of level 2 done. i hateeeee the planks. day 12 overall. x
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    L2D4 DONE!!!!! I think today's workout induced the most sweat!! I blasted thru those plank moves!!!
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    okay, day 16 level two done. Why is it not getting any easier? I'm still out of breath! That is so sad :( Makes me wonder what i"m doing trying to do this challenge!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    okay, day 16 level two done. Why is it not getting any easier? I'm still out of breath! That is so sad :( Makes me wonder what i"m doing trying to do this challenge!

level 2 day 6 done! and same for me- definitely not getting easier yet! kind of makes me think i need to do another round of 30 ds when we're done with this challenge before i go on to anything else!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well I can't find my post for day 10

So Day 10 and 11 done for Level 1
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day16 did 2 workouts..L2 this morning and L1 tonight! L1 seems so easy now.