Challenge: All I want for Christmas is a six pack....

Options

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I really want that six pack. Right now, I am doing a combination of 250 crunches, planks, kettle bell core exercises, oblique work, as well as 250 reps on the ab coaster 3 times a week and my abs are still hiding. What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's my diet. I am currently working on following the protein, fast carb, slow carb meal that someone mentioned on this post.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    P90x recovery week finally over! Back to Ab Ripper tonight along with some other solid resistance work! :)

Jay
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'll try randomabs.com tonight. I keep trying to find something besides Ab Ripper X that leaves me feeling the burn in my abs, but that ridiculously hard workout is so far the only one that makes 15 min of abs worthwhile (in the way it feels, I know something is better than nothing but still)
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    great suggestion on the randomabs site!

thanks, i added their twitter feed to go straight to my phone as a reminder and so i will have the workout reminder when i get to the gym or when i need it.

seems to be a lot of conflicting advice on every day vs every other day so i am not sure which is correct

regardless, i am training pretty hard for a marathon and i dont want the abs to be too sore and possibly slow me down during one of my 3 core hard runs each week, so that will dictate that i dont want to do abs the day before one of my 3 runs.

i have read in a couple of places that after cardo is the best time to do abs so here is my plan, feedback is always welcome

mon - rowing, abs and yoga morning
    tues - yoga morning track/interval run workout evening
    wed - bike morning, easy recovery run evening
    thurs - tempo run and abs morning
    fri - rowing and pilates morning
    sat - long run and abs morning
    sun - surfing

the toughest thing to stick to will be the abs after the long run saturday, i am so done at that point, it is hard to motivate to do anything when i finish that run.
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Gavini - the chaps who run the randomabs.com website advise that you do not exercise the same muscle groups every day because of muscle repair time etc., However, as with everything else in life, you have to find what is right and what works for you and I have to say, that list is impressive!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Did my first New Rules of Lifting for Women workout last night. I though two sets of 15 reps of 5 exercises would be easy compared to my usual cardio, but oooh no, I was dripping sweat by the end. The prone jackknife on a ball used all my core muscles - it feels like I'm wearing a corset this morning!
  • marthafox1
    Options
    Oooh that sounds like a good one BerryH - I am going to pinch it and incorporate it into tonights efforts.
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    I am in! I have some ab specific workouts!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Man, I'm so close to that 6 pack I can smell it!!

Reckon they'll start to show through properly next week and then it's just a race to chisel them out as much as possible by Xmas.

Jay
  • marthafox1
    Options
    Whoop Jay - that's fantastic! I'm really pleased for you - and a little bit jealous!
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's been a hectic couple of weeks. Just bad luck with injuries, sickness etc!! Glad the weight is staying stable but today I will start getting back into it. Boxing tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. Makes a big difference to my upper body. Amazing cardio workout!! Unfortunately I can't run for a month or so (hip injury argh)...but hoping to get back to that too. I can feel the abs...and I hope they come around by Christmas! :)
  • marthafox1
    Options
    Well, no matter what lighting or position or amount of sucking in I do, they are still hiding!

Lost an inch from my waist though!! Yeeeeeeehaaa! That is a result that I have been working on for months and months!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    << New picture added with my progress so far.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    So far this is the only challenge I have been able to do everyday. Hope the work pays off. :)
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well I am getting back on it slowly.

Had a good week for food although this morning I had a cheeky Sausage and Bacon baguette. (Company pays for them on Friday morning so that don't count does it? lol)

Managed 20 minutes on exercise bike and 20 minutes to swim 10 laps (250 meters) last night.

Stomuch is killing today. But feels more like hunger pangs/cramps so hoping it is just the swimming and I am not sickening for something as the wife was unwell last night.

Grrr.

Slowly coming along though.

Measured the waist,chest and hip last night.

Waist 38, Hip 38, Chest 39.5.

So a long way to go but hoping to have those figures changed by christmas and to be well on my way to the 6-pack.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What a difference a week makes! Last week I was sore, and truly had some terrible workouts, but this week I have been hard at it. I know it will be a while before I see the fruits of my labor, but as I always say "you control the effort, not the results" -- This week I have put in the effort, and I am pledging to do the same thing every week from here on out!

Get your burn on, and for any football fans, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

P.S- This is my "before" picture... Can't wait to post my AFTER!
  • marthafox1
    Options
    Just added my before picture which is now my profile pic.

I can see where I need to put the work in and am very optimistic for reaching my goal by Christmas.

If I can be good for that long......
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Jason--I was expecting a much better football game from LSU v Bama! Arkansas v South Carolina and OSU v KS State have both been more excited. (Right now it's 6-3 Bama as I'm typing this)

I did my first 10K today and it was great. I'm already so sore on my legs though, so tomorrow workout will be a little upper body strength but mainly abs so that my body can recover from the run.

Only a few pieces of Halloween candy left in the house which will help a lot since all the crunches in the world won't show abs that are covered by Kit Kats and Hershey's :mad:
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Still going at it.
    Today I got in 50 front crunches (weighted) and 25 weighted crunches on each side. I also walked 2 miles with 4 pounds of weights.
    It isnt much, but it's something. Hopefully enough for my fiance to notice.
  • marthafox1
    Options
    Fresh week, revitalised motivation. Who is struggling and needs a kick up the bum?