Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I have nothing good to report. :(
    I actually feel like throwing in the towel (even though I know I won't) as I am back up to my starting weight for the beginning of this challenge and the challenge started 8 weeks ago!

I had lost 2.3 pounds during the challenge, which wasn't much but at least it was something and now I am having to start all over again and this isn't the first time this has happened to me during this challenge. Earlier in the challenge I gained 3 pounds more than my starting weight. Too bad this wasn't a gaining weight challenge as I might have come in first place!

So today's weigh in I am reporting as 144 pounds.
    My goal weight for this challenge is 139 pounds.
    I know losing 5 pounds in 3 weeks is doable for some people but with my track record it is not looking good but I will finish the challenge and try my best.

I know TOM and my endometriosis and the medication I am taking for it is contributing to my weight gain but I also know my food choices are playing a role as well.

Here's hoping next week's weigh in is better.

I went skating again today and may do some Wii this evening since I have 3 pounds to kick to the curb by my Friday weigh in for a team challenge. UGH!
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    177 for me today - down .6 lb. It's not a lot, but it's in the right direction anyways. I also have been slacking a bit in the water dept, so I'll kick that up a notch this week.
  • hopelyss
    hopelyss Posts: 145
    Options
    :( Up 0.9 lbs. I should be thankful that is all though because of TOM and just getting back from D.C. where I didn't eat well at all. (It was my first time there.) Plus, I've had lots of sodium. I'll be better this week, even with the Halloween candy in the house. :ohwell:

SW: 186.6
    Week 1: 183.6
    Week 2: 180.2
    Week 3: 179.4
    Week 4: 178.6
    Week 5: 177.0
    Week 6: 176.0
    Week 7: 174.5
    Week 8: 175.4
    GW: 171
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    190 this week...which is 1.8 down from the last time I actually weighed in (2 weeks ago) but in reality, it's about 5 lbs down from where I peaked the last two weeks, so double yay!

I'm fighting my way back...but like Stacy, I'm having a REAL hard time getting back into the exercise swing of things, so I shall try my best to rise up to her challenge this week :bigsmile:

Have a great week, everyone!!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    190 this week...which is 1.8 down from the last time I actually weighed in (2 weeks ago) but in reality, it's about 5 lbs down from where I peaked the last two weeks, so double yay!

I'm fighting my way back...but like Stacy, I'm having a REAL hard time getting back into the exercise swing of things, so I shall try my best to rise up to her challenge this week :bigsmile:

Have a great week, everyone!!

my dear friend Leslie, YOU can do it, I know you can. You've done it before, just put on your big girl panties and make it happen. I'm here for you lady. Don't make me challenge you to a 1 day burn.... :devil:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    152.5 so the same I am so close to my ultimate goal weight, they say it is always the hardest bit. Keeping my fingers crossed I make it by the end of the challenge!
    Is there a challenge for maintaining weight? I will really need that one :bigsmile:
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    Options
    I've had a particularly bad fortnight, but i'm not going to dwell on it. 260 last week and 254 today. I'm extatic that even with my sisters birthday and Halloween i've managed to lose weight. This year i let myself try everything (so i didnt feel deprived) but i only had one and stopped when i felt full which is a majour NSV for me. Off to find the challenge.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Alright I gave myself one extra day on the weigh in to try and drop the water, but I'm going to officially weigh in this week at 170.1. Up over 2lbs.

I had a great vacation but seeing 170's again wasn't cool.
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No change in my weight. It has been a really tough couple of weeks at work. Then a family member passed away and now a friends father passed unexpectedly. A lot going on and not very much exercise. I am just happy no gain!

Looking forward to better times.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in. 186 for me this week.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with this....gotta get it together.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    haha.. i'm the excuse queen this week ready? I went down to get on my treadmill last night and it was SURROUNDED by boxes. :huh: I have no idea why my husband put them all there... but it unmotivated me to get on the treadmill. I did get the 30DS in last night however... figured if I wasn't going to run 3-5 then I had to do SOMETHING... its why I :heart: the 30DS... 25 minutes and its done and a decent calorie burn (though nowhere near what I ate i'm sure.. I really need to start logging again).

I also have new found motivation. My work is sending me to St. Louis in December, and 1/2 of these people I met back in January of 2010 when I was a good 40lbs heavier than I am now... and I've only seen a couple of them recently.. so it'll push me to get back on track.. first impressions and all.
  • oliviawink
    Options
    haha.. i'm the excuse queen this week ready? I went down to get on my treadmill last night and it was SURROUNDED by boxes. :huh: I have no idea why my husband put them all there... but it unmotivated me to get on the treadmill. I did get the 30DS in last night however... figured if I wasn't going to run 3-5 then I had to do SOMETHING... its why I :heart: the 30DS... 25 minutes and its done and a decent calorie burn (though nowhere near what I ate i'm sure.. I really need to start logging again).

I also have new found motivation. My work is sending me to St. Louis in December, and 1/2 of these people I met back in January of 2010 when I was a good 40lbs heavier than I am now... and I've only seen a couple of them recently.. so it'll push me to get back on track.. first impressions and all.

Stacy, at least you didn't give up all together, you just found a new solution! 30DS is definitely a great burn, and has the added bonus of building muscle which burns more cals when you are resting. It's all good!
    Nice motivation with the work trip too. I have motivation like this in sight too, knowing that I will be performing my cousin's wedding ceremony. I don't want to ruin their wedding pics by having my belly sticking out! :laugh:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    true. I definitely knew it could have been worse.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I got thru the Halloween weekend without eating any candy. What an accomplishment knowing those darn mini-Snicker bars were SCREAMING my name. I wanted to SO bad but knew it wasn't worth it.

I had a decision today of either eating out with co-workers or going to the "Y". I almost caved but choose the "Y". I ran for 35 minutes and it felt awesome.

I'm inching my way back towards weight loss...I can feel it! It's coming!!

Happy Wednesday!!..:flowerforyou: ..:heart:
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    a little bit of a weight loss this week :)
    10/18~304
    10/25~304
    11/1~ 301

Have not been active much on here the last few weeks lifes been busy for me .. I miss all of you and see that everyone is doing fantastic !!!!! Bring on the holidays and keep up the good work !
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! (So sorry about totally ditching the chart last week, but I’m back on track!)

Reading through all the posts today, I saw a definite trend with “stayed the same this week” comments. (No worries – wish I had stayed the same instead of gaining!) Let’s review our progress, and re-commit ourselves to our goals.

4yK3B.png

Congrats to the following members who moved "up" in the colors within the past 2 weigh-ins (white to yellow or green / yellow to green):
    :flowerforyou: alacarte
    :flowerforyou: debnu1
    :flowerforyou: MayLan
    :flowerforyou: oliviawink
    :flowerforyou: xreinvention

134.6 lbs among 27 of us! With 3 weigh-ins left, I want to challenge everyone to WORK HARD in both diet and exercise, and maybe we can even reach 200 pounds lost!!! That's only 2.5 lbs each, which is VERY doable. Let's finish strong!

SPREADSHEET LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoomF1o6sg6LdEw2NV92dFQ5RDZqbm1Bek5xR1M4M3c&hl=en_US
  • 1erica60
    1erica60 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm going to skip posting my weight this week. Had a lot of stress lately and my food habits are terrible! Starting to get more exercise and have some new incentives so I hope to see good results next week! Great job, everyone! Thank you for keeping me going!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    as always, great chart helen, and not just because after a few poor showing weeks I moved back into yellow...
    Wanted to share a little NSV tonite. Joined friends at the weekly trivia and new that someone was bringing pie. But I had a filling dinner before I left and had no desire to be a part of the pie eating, and I didn't even miss not having pie. So I replaced a bad food with... well, nothing, because I did not need to! :wink:

I am noticing a lack of veggies in my house this week. Hubby and I decided not to go grocery shopping this past weekend b/c we had so many leftovers and homemade freezer foods to eat up. Because of that I am TOTALLY missing my usually fresh veggies and fruits. So looking forward to hitting the grocery store this weekend and stocking up. I am literally craving kale. Seriously, craving kale, I mean s#!t's gotta be desperate to miss that!:noway:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am literally craving kale. Seriously, craving kale, I mean s#!t's gotta be desperate to miss that!:noway:

lol! seriously, that is awesome. I feel like that sometimes too, like oh man I really need a salad! Great job on turning down the pie too! That is something I've really been struggling with recently, sweets! I don't know what it is because I am not normally a sweets eater so of course I used looked it up online and guess what can be a cause of sweets (and alcohol) cravings? Stress. Of course. Something about some gland not functioning well enough after awhile and making your body crave the quick burst of carb energy, blah, blah, blah. Yet another weight loss struggle to blame on my job. :grumble: Well, it is what it is. Just have to keep telling myself-I will not eat birthday cupcakes at work today, I will not eat birthday cupcakes at work today....