Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kris for you comment. Getting to "onederland" brought tears to my eyes. I know that I have big fluctuations but these challenges are really helping me stay focused.
    I came close to the exercise challenge (3117 on MFP calculator but 2118 with my HRM---this is a big improvement). I also loved last week's challenges...just want to keep going!
  • Carrie704
    Carrie704 Posts: 176
    Options
    I had a horrible week :(

SW - 127
    Week 1 – (9/13) - 125
    Week 2 (9/20) – 123.8
    Week 3 (9/27) – 123
    Week 4 (10/4) – 125

this next one will be better!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Checking in at 193.8 today. Small gain (0.4), but I'm THRILLED it's not more. With my new job, I had zero time for exercise last week, and my diet was awful! But I'm back to working out this week, and I'm excited to see bigger changes in my weight as I adjust to my new schedule.

I've updated the spreadsheet through this posting! I'll wait for some late posts tomorrow, then post a new weekly progress chart. Let's see some more weigh-ins, losses AND gains! Can't make progress without acknowledging where you are today!!

P.S. I am so impressed with all you ladies who are already halfway to your GW after only 4 weeks of weigh-ins! That's 8 of you!!

SPREADSHEET LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoomF1o6sg6LdEw2NV92dFQ5RDZqbm1Bek5xR1M4M3c&hl=en_US
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    CW: 194
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    CW: 194
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Checking in.....
    CW: 152.2 (.4 gain) I will get it totally together this coming week. Hubby is going to join the gym with me so I'll be going daily. i didn't meet the calorie burn challeng:noway: . As for trying something new,,,,I bougth some weight loss tea from teaveana.

I can't find the challenge this coming week, Heres to a great week:drinker:
    Teresa
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Checking in.....
    CW: 152.2 (.4 gain) I will get it totally together this coming week. Hubby is going to join the gym with me so I'll be going daily.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Checking in.....
    CW: 152.2 (.4 gain) I will get it totally together this coming week. Hubby is going to join the gym with me so I'll be going daily.
  • prekteacher2
    Options

SW - 127
    Week 1 – (9/13) - 125
    Week 2 (9/20) – 123.8
    Week 3 (9/27) – 123
    Week 4 (10/4) – 125

Me too. We will kick bottom next week.
  • prekteacher2
    Options

SW - 127
    Week 1 – (9/13) - 125
    Week 2 (9/20) – 123.8
    Week 3 (9/27) – 123
    Week 4 (10/4) – 125

Me too. We will kick bottom next week.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Hello H4H gang,
    **************************************WEEKLY CHALLENGE*******************************************

FOOD: Seems like everyone is having a hard time with sustainability, so this week it's back to square one. Faithfully log every morsel, and measure all foods, and record water consumed. Eat what ever you like, just log it. With the holidays looming, and candies/ deserts everywhere you look it will be important to know where we stand calorically. If you didn't have time to post a recipe during last weeks challenge feel free to do so this week.

EXERCISE: Again it's about sustainability, and this week we are deep cleaning for the holidays, yes you read it correctly, DEEP CLEANING our homes. I own a cleaning business and don't exercise too much apart from work and am still losing weight, so I know you will get a burn. We will all be very busy in the near future and wouldn't you like to be ready for guests, parties and the like?

Great idea. i need to deep clean. I will not be able to get to it until Sunday.:flowerforyou:

This is a top to bottom cleaning, leave no stone unturned. Depending on the state of each room you should spend 30 minutes to an hour or more if needed. (You will be all set to put out your seasonal decorations)

Start in any room you like and CHOOSE A NEW ROOM EACH DAY.

If you have HIRED HELP you can choose to exercise 3-4 times per week doing strength or cardio, but you may want to tackle cleaning the fridge, organizing a cluttered office, or re-doing your pantry etc in addition to your normal exercise.

Say goodbye to those dust bunnies, CRANK UP THE TUNES, and enjoy your clean house.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Just took a little time to catch up on the posts while waiting for the metro in DC. Sounds like the changing of seasons is really affecting motivation/weightloss. This will give me good fuel for next week's challenges. Thanks alacarte (steph) for these great challeneges this week. I can't wait to get my burn on when I get home and deep clean. Oh wait, no... Don't really want to, but needs to be done on so many levels. Thanks for the seasonal housekeeping reminder. I need that!!!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    LOL Olivia.. I always dread cleaning. I'm the only one in my household that does it. NOT that I blame my DH, he does work 12 hour shifts... but its ALL on me. Once in a great while he'll run some laundry, but folding? no way.... AND the kids wreck their rooms faster than I can clean it. Hope you get home to your routine soon!

but my house could use a good scrubbing/dusting all around. I even did the floorboards in the boys bathroom today. :bigsmile: I did BFBM while watching BL tonight.. it was nice having Jillian in the background of BL..hehe.

feeling good today.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Can I just say...:explode: So last week I was 154.8, yesterday I was 156.4, today I'm 154.2. Seriously! I know I'm just doing this to myself by eating poorly over the weekends but all this fluctuation is driving me nuts! So I'm really sticking to the logging challenge this week-the good, bad, and the ugly is all going in-and hopefully I can actually stay on track. Sadly I failed my personal challenge not to have any hot cocoa at work yesterday, but I have stayed away from the coffee creamer and candy laying around so at least that's something!

As for the cleaning....I live in a one bedroom apartment so I can't do it all week for exercise but saturday and sunday I will split the place up and go for it! I've never actually thrown on my hrm to see how many calories I actually burn cleaning so I'm sort of interested to see how that turns out. Definatley not looking forward to scrubbing the shower tile grout, though :smile:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok, I totally feel like a fool. I kept checking the old thread topic and couldn't find any new posts since last week. I wondered what had happened to everyone. Lol. Then I finally noticed the tiny link at the bottom of the last post. Haha.Glad to see that everyone is still going strong.
    For last week, I did really well on both my eating and my exercise. I gained a pound but hopefully it's only water weight.
    CW: 177

Opal
  • Carrie704
    Carrie704 Posts: 176
    Options
    we better!! good luck!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm just now reporting my weight! I'm down to 152!
    I was out of town visiting family, been hectic the past few days here..
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I forgot to note my calories burned for last week. I didn't meet the 3500 but got 2430 which is great for me. I'm going to try and increase that this week with the deep cleaning challenge.
    Good luck everyone!

Opal
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am glad Ifound this thread, you guys will be my inspiration...amazing!!! :)
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Jess-- Awesome on the loss!!

Opal-- Great burn last night

Ellen-- stop getting on the scale so much it'll keep driving you crazy. I always self sabotage on the weekends too (no really, I am the queen). do you know what I weighed on Friday? ( I do Tuesday weigh ins but 'sneak peak' on Fridays). I was 141.2 a SOLID 141.2 because its so easy for me to stay on track during the week, and then the weekends I end up going out to eat, and drinking (not a little either). honestly If I stopped drinking I would probably break through. Just keep your head up, keep logging, you'll find where you need to adjust.

there is something extremely calming about a hot cup of coffee on a rainy cold morning.