Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oay i've been AWOL again. I'm really struggling on this end at the moment. The heat, hospital appointments... i could go on. This weekly challenge is just what i need right now. 262 again but it is TOM so i'm hoping that it will go down agin once i'm off. Will post a recipe later once i've worked out the calorie content. (Hey it's new!)
  • 1erica60
    1erica60 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I am posting my weight late too! Yesterday I was shocked to see I had gained TWO pounds! Thought maybe it was just water but today is the same so I guess I'll have to go with 212 and hope to see lower numbers next week!
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    Cusegirl1992/Martha

SW: 149
    CW: 149.6
    GW: 139

I went up this week...yuck! I think when I saw these numbers on Monday, I tried to put them out of my mind. But, Wednesday morning and I am still at this number and it is TOM, so I am hoping that next week will be better. Sorry for posting late.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The daily logging challenge is exactly what I need right now. I'm back on track and eating healthily. I thought I'd share a recipe with you that I made up last night... Turkey burgers with feta and spinach

lean ground turkey breast (I used a 1.25 lb package)
    1/2 cup feta cheese (I used Athenos tomato & basil flavor)
    1/2 cup fresh spinach
    garlic powder

Mix turkey, feta, and spinach (ripped into smaller pieces) in a large bowl with your hands. Add garlic powder and mix more. Divide mixture into 5 patties. Cook on stove/grill or freeze for later use.

The way I made them, they're 157 calories per patty, not including any cooking oil, bun, or condiments you eat them with. I froze all of mine and am going to make them for dinner this week when I come home from work. One thing I would do differently is make thinner patties that have a larger diameter because I made them fairly small and thick, and they take a really long time to cook all the way through.

I ate mine without any additional toppings or spices and it was delicious! But I'm sure you could add to it and it would be great. :smile:
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! It's time to review our chart!

Remember, you are only included in the chart if you reported a weight this week. Late weigh-ins are always accepted and will be added to the spreadsheet (link listed below).

eLbxB.png

Our lowest weight loss week yet! Kind of crazy how we all lose together and we all gain together…

Congrats to the following members who moved "up" in the colors (white to yellow or green / yellow to green):
    :flowerforyou: carrielofton
    :flowerforyou: debnu1
    :flowerforyou: jessicamarie81
    :flowerforyou: SallyCC
    :flowerforyou: vcmete222

And let’s take a moment to recognize the amazing women who are already half-way to their 11/22 goal weights!
    :flowerforyou: agirl11
    :flowerforyou: hopelyss
    :flowerforyou: jessicamarie81
    :flowerforyou: Leanz
    :flowerforyou: SallyCC
    :flowerforyou: singer201
    :flowerforyou: tammihart

Why can’t I be you? You are inspirations to us all! :bigsmile:

New Week. Fresh Start. I know I'm ready for it!

SPREADSHEET LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoomF1o6sg6LdEw2NV92dFQ5RDZqbm1Bek5xR1M4M3c&hl=en_US
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!! I made it to yellow. Boy that feels good! Let's keep up the great work!
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    Still at 129.8 this week, sorry for late check in, crazy at work this week and probably next, but hopefully after that will try and get back here...reading through everyone's posts, great job to all!
    Jenni
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I went from green to yellow.. BUT its my own fault. and I've been WORKING it this week. I ate too much food yesterday but I logged every morsel of it, and did a decent sized burn to try to make up for it. today I feel totally on track, and am going to the gym during my lunch hour AND still plan on working out at home tonight. See if I can get the scale MOVING back in the other direction again.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi all,

wow, congrats to everyone for their hard work and dedication. Debnu, congrats on the loss as well.

I'm so excited to do this every day. I'm currently training for a run, well actually I'm doing 3. A 4M in NOV, and a 5M and 9M in Dec.
    So i'm really training for the 9M because that will be a huge accomplishment.

I had no time to clean my house, well, because I'm so busy at work that I just want to relax at home. But I might get a chance to clean on Monday, since I'm taking off. I love cleanliness....makes me feel more efficient. I did alot of laundry this past weekend, if that counts too.

I haven't had time to tray any new recipes, but love reading yours.

Have an awesome day all!!!!!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Deep cleaning, ha what was I thinking? Cleaned out my closet, and got stuff ready for donation and resale. Glad that's over for a while. My closet looks great so it was worth it. Tonight it's the living room, and mopping the floor (no carpet, just a few area rugs).

Hang in there gang. I know cleaning is a dreaded job, but you will feel great when the week is over.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm not on this week's sheet. :cry: Sad for me, but I was gone and didn't think to weigh in before I left. I'm showing a gain since my trip, but I'm glad I hit the treadmill a few times while I was gone, because I'm sure it woulda been worse if I hadn't.

Broken down and make a poor choice this afternoon of stopping a good times for a shake and fries to share with the little one. Rarely do fast food and yeah I liked it, but now I'm lethargic and unhappily over cals. Since this week was not the best for me to Steph's challenge, being out of town and all, I'm going to stick myself in the garage and start cleaning out all my crapola that has accumulated in there over the last few months. This will get me a good burn and get a good start on this project that I've been avoiding. My goal is to be able to get a car back in the garage by Monday. It's gonna be a busy weekend, so I better bust-a-move to get a good start. Which reminds me, I've been wanting to try out spotify, so maybe I'll throw on some tunes and bust-a-move will be my first tune. :laugh: (you want it, you got it, you want it, baby just bust-a-move....)
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well I've been really good with by logging and its just been really sad, lol! I've gone over calories every day! Oh well, it hasn't been huge so I'm not going to stress about it.

So aside from Jillian Micheals workouts has anyone else tried any other fitness plan DVDs? I'm not a big fan of those jump all over the place ones, mostly due to my bad knee, but I think I'm really getting burnt out on running and I'm not sure what to do! At this point its either go back to a gym membership or some type of DVD program. I was looking at the Tracy Anderson DVDs today and those looked interesting, anyone familiar or have any others they have tried?
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Ellen - there's lots of free workouts on hulu.com and streaming on netflix too, so you can try out some other trainers without having to purchase. Ellen Barrett might be right up your alley, she does low-impact pilates-meets-aerobics kind of stuff and you get a good burn without jumping around. And she's really pleasant and sweet to follow along to, not all high-pitched and squeaky like some others can be (Denise Austin!). Also Kendall Hogan's stuff is really good. I know some others do leslie something-or-other and she does a lot of intense walking with resistance and weights and what not.

Many libraries have a good selection of workout DVDs too, but I've found Boulder Library to be a bit sad in it's selection, which is a big surprise given what a fit town it is. But you might want to take a look there too.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ellen - there's lots of free workouts on hulu.com and streaming on netflix too, so you can try out some other trainers without having to purchase. Ellen Barrett might be right up your alley, she does low-impact pilates-meets-aerobics kind of stuff and you get a good burn without jumping around. And she's really pleasant and sweet to follow along to, not all high-pitched and squeaky like some others can be (Denise Austin!). Also Kendall Hogan's stuff is really good. I know some others do leslie something-or-other and she does a lot of intense walking with resistance and weights and what not.

Many libraries have a good selection of workout DVDs too, but I've found Boulder Library to be a bit sad in it's selection, which is a big surprise given what a fit town it is. But you might want to take a look there too.

I do like Ellen Barrett and was thinking about ordering some of her DVDs, but I kind of wanted to try a program. I'll have the check out Kendall Hogan.
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone - Walk at Home DVDS.
    I use them mostly when it's cold / overly hot out though. But they can be kind of fun.
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I want to go ahead and post a recipe since I didn't get a chance to last week. I made this last weekend and it was A-Mazing!

slow cooker setting :low
    2lbs of boneless/skinless chicken
    1/2 cup of salsa
    1 can of low sodium black beans, rinsed.

throw all in crockpot on low setting for 4-6 hours. Serve on salad or whole wheat tortilla's.

I love simple recipes that don't require a lot of work, so this was perfect for me.

serving size is 8 and at 176 cals/serving, its filling and not horrible even most whole wheat tortillas run 99-130 calories.. It was DIVINE. of course even low sodium black beans causes the sodium to be a little higher than I would like.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Beautiful chart! Thank you!

I was feverish today...didn't get much done at all...no gym, no cleaning.
    I did get my porch washed and the stairs painted (for the winter) over the past couple of days.

I need to get better...I have a lot more cleaning planned. I love this challenge...

My food intake was crazy today...lots of sodium..... gotta get back to water and my program.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    NSV- beat my best 5k time by 4 mins and broke 40. Finish time today 37:55.
  • oliviawink
    Options

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!! This is a great NSV. Beating your previous time by 4 minutes is on small feat. So great!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!! This is a great NSV. Beating your previous time by 4 minutes is on small feat. So great!

Thank you! I think the biggest difference is that I'm training to run/walk a 10 mile at the end of the month so my legs aren't tired at the end of a 5K anymore.