SHOCKING DISCOVERY THIS NEWS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

Options

Replies

• iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL, Dang Dave, tell us how you really feel.

But it is true.

Stop your cryin,
    Life isn't about dyin.

If you want something new,
    it's your mentality you have to redo.

Changing your destiny,
    is never easy.

But staying the same,
    is not how you play this game!

:drinker:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Well said and I agree. It offends me everytime someone comes up to me and ask me "what kind of diet pills have you been taking"? I always tell them, it's the result of good old fashioned diet and exercise. Everyone wants a magic pill to pop and the weight just fall off. I'm so proud to have done it with hard work and determination, there are no quick fixes.

I have had people question whether I've been sick (if that is how I lost the weight) I have also had people suspiciously bring up the topic of illegal drugs.... NO! Why Cant people believe its watching the calorie content and moderate exercise??? LIfe Changes! :explode:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I agree with what you said Dave. Except - I TOTALLY don't feel like I've sacrificed anything. I'm not sacrificing when I'm working out - I'm claiming "me" time - something that, as a homeschooling mom, I don't get that much of. Food? I swear that I don't give up anything... I eat what I want, when I want - just less of it... and I don't miss anything!

Sacrificing is what I was doing before... I sacrificed my waistline to having my son (not that I regret that). I sacrificed my healthy food choices to my husband - because he liked white bread and whole milk (bleh). I sacrificed all my time for anyone and everyone else because I didn't think I was important enough.

I AM important enough and I AM (for the first time in my life) doing this for me. I'm not sacrificing a dang thing - I'm reclaiming what was mine from the start.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, Dave!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Healthy body's is something we have to work for it isn't a given. So Dave I'm with you no diet pill or anything except healthy food and excercise is the key. Thanks for the reminder :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Well said and I agree. It offends me everytime someone comes up to me and ask me "what kind of diet pills have you been taking"? I always tell them, it's the result of good old fashioned diet and exercise. Everyone wants a magic pill to pop and the weight just fall off. I'm so proud to have done it with hard work and determination, there are no quick fixes.
    I also agree. I have lost about 95 pounds so far, and have had at least 50 people ask me if I had bypass surgery.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dave the weight loss Guru! Who would of thought? Love this thread.

I now find myself saying things to my friends like "do you know how much fat is in the half and half you just dumped in your coffee"? It makes me nuts to have friends who are talking about wanting to lose weight yet consume really high fat and high sodium foods. I want to help but know in relaity they have to figure it for themselves. Or I will soon be friendless....:laugh: from the annoying tips.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I totally agree...

For those of you have never read it, or even heard of it for that matter, I suggest you pick up a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese". It is a very small inspirational book about accepting change. In my own words, the moral of the story is "$#it or get off the pot"! I loved it!!

Here's a link to a summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's the first thing I have ever read by you that I totally agree with.....who is this person and where is the real Dave?:laugh:

Hahahahah... Dave, I know you hit the nail right on the head!!! It takes everyone a while to gain a bunch of weight, so why are people so surprised when it takes a while to lose it, too?! Patience, people!!! And by people, I'm also including ME!!!:wink:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I totally agree...

For those of you have never read it, or even heard of it for that matter, I suggest you pick up a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese". It is a very small inspirational book about accepting change. In my own words, the moral of the story is "$#it or get off the pot"! I loved it!!

We keep several copies at work, to read as needed, lol....I think I am going to reread it this week!!!
  • olsen022
    olsen022 Posts: 7
    Options
    What? You mean the proven research is fake about acai, hoodia, etc. etc? I thought blubber had actually met its scientific match - NOT! How can the advertising of false products continue when it is a bunch of BS?
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I totally agree...

We keep several copies at work, to read as needed, lol....I think I am going to reread it this week!!!

Someone at work gave it someone, who gave it to someone else who then gave it to me. I am still looking for someone who really needs it, kind of as a "Pay It Forward" approach. :smile:
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I also agree. I have lost about 95 pounds so far, and have had at least 50 people ask me if I had bypass surgery.

OMG, I have not had anyone ask me that but I would be offended to. Well maybe at first. But I would love the look when you tell them "NO, it was old fashion diet and exercise, you should try it too" LOL! People are funny.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great post, Dave!! :drinker:

Mind over matter, baby!! :smokin:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. :wink:

Great post Dave! :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Great post Dave!
    Thanks for saying what most of us were thinking :wink:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    even i will have to fully agree with Dave this time... very good read!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    True dat, Dave!!!!!

Way to go! I just need to remind myself of this from time to time, unfortunatley more than I like to!!!

Memaw
  • BrodiesMom
    Options
    I completely agree that there's no pill to pop to lose weight and that you need to make a choice to eat well and stay active but i disagree with your comment on how we all got here. Not everyone sat on their *kitten* their whole life and just stuffed gallons of junk down their throat, sometimes life just happens and you end up gaining a little weight, or in my case having a baby played havoc with my body and I am still battling every day to get my pre-baby body back but I will get there eventually. I think something that makes it harder is that I never drank pop, I never ate really unhealthily and I never stopped being active. However being married, having a child and a desk job doesn't allow me to be as active as when I coached horseback riding full time and worked in the barn from 5am until 10pm doing physical labor all day! I'm not trying to take away from your point that losing weight or chaning your appearance takes hard work, you are correct there, but sometimes life doesn't allow the same opportunities to stay healthy and in the same shape that you once were so people look for quicker ways to fit in the healthy stuff. I'm not saying pop pills, but finding a good workout that is short and you can fit into your every day schedule is worth looking for and asking around!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I completely agree that there's no pill to pop to lose weight and that you need to make a choice to eat well and stay active but i disagree with your comment on how we all got here. Not everyone sat on their *kitten* their whole life and just stuffed gallons of junk down their throat, sometimes life just happens and you end up gaining a little weight, or in my case having a baby played havoc with my body and I am still battling every day to get my pre-baby body back but I will get there eventually. I think something that makes it harder is that I never drank pop, I never ate really unhealthily and I never stopped being active. However being married, having a child and a desk job doesn't allow me to be as active as when I coached horseback riding full time and worked in the barn from 5am until 10pm doing physical labor all day! I'm not trying to take away from your point that losing weight or chaning your appearance takes hard work, you are correct there, but sometimes life doesn't allow the same opportunities to stay healthy and in the same shape that you once were so people look for quicker ways to fit in the healthy stuff. I'm not saying pop pills, but finding a good workout that is short and you can fit into your every day schedule is worth looking for and asking around!

I never said "everyone sat on their *kitten* their whole life (I sure didn't) and I never said everyone just stuffed gallons of junk down their throat" I never said anything even close to that. Why would you accuse me of that?