mild laxative before weigh in

Options

Replies

• starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I hear that half a glass of "Colon Blow" works wonders for the scale...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    first of all, welcome. secondly, please talk to your doctor. you shouldn't be so dependent on the scale....gauge how you're doing by how you're feeling, how your clothes are fitting, etc. eat naturally fibrous foods, drink lots of water, maybe even a metamucil (?) supplement, but NOT a laxative. not healthy by any shape or form. we want you to thrive, not dive into an unhealthy pattern.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

That's ridiculous.

Colon Blow is a cereal and thus should be served by the bowl, not the glass.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    this is great
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

That's ridiculous.

Colon Blow is a cereal and thus should be served by the bowl, not the glass.

I like to make a prune juice, ex-lax and colon blow smoothie...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

So basically it's like ordering a #2 and a drink from taco bell.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

So basically it's like ordering a #2 and a drink from taco bell.
    Can you say #2 in the same topic were you are talking about poop?:happy:
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I used to go maybe every 3-4-5 days or so - and my husband (then my boyfriend) said - WHAT THE HECK'S WRONG WITH YOU? lol - Seriously, you should be going every day - IF You are eating right. I eat 4 prunes as I head out to work - I LOVE them, so I limit myself to 4. I eat an apple in the afternoon, and salad or veges every day. I was never a breakfast eater, but started eating a healthy cerial in the morning around 8:30-9:00. Since I started this, BM's occur about 10-11 am daily. If you put food in on a regular basis, it will come out on a regular basis. If your'e not going at LEAST daily or every other day - you need to review your intake. Much as I hate it - liquids in, help solids out. Metamucil is somewhat mild if you need to get things rolling. I mean, 2 million senior citizens can't be wrong!
  • wannababyH
    Options
    BM's do not count as weight loss.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Geez - did I REALLY type cereal as cerial? OMG - tell me I didn't....
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    No, no, no! Revise your diet and you won't have a problem. This is about a lifestyle change, not a number on the scale.
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and I take miralax on a daily basis but other than that I wouldn't take anything to make myself go before a weigh in.
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would probably pass on this. Poop doesn't weigh as much as you think.

^^ This made me laugh, I thought I was the only one who said poop :)
    As for the question, I don't think I would take laxative before a weigh in
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OKAY TMI TIME!!!!

Anyways I had went out and purchased a new ultra fancy scale. It does weight down to .01 instead of your normal .2. Thus when I first got it I stepped on before an after taking #1, #2, taking a couple drinks and etc...

Poop does not weight much. The most I've ever lost from some MASSIVE logs was .12 pounds. It's not worth a laxative. It's not going to make enough of a difference on the scale.

So there you have it!! You know about the weight of poop and now how massive some of my poop logs are!

You sir, are awesome! :bigsmile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    yeah but who can poop w/o peeing too?
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    Why stop at just ONE laxative? Maybe you should take the whole box? *kitten* out your colon. I bet that thing weighs at least 3 pounds.

Amazeballs. This is the advice to take. Yessir.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've had a two-pounder. Yes, I'm proud of that. No, that's not an average size for me, but 1 - 1.5 pounds is. Yes, I tend to overshare information. :laugh:

Screw the weigh-ins. You're not on the Biggest Loser and you won't get eliminated if you don't eliminate your bowels before you weigh. We all want to see progress in the right direction, but honestly, if you think you're a little backed up, wait a day or two before you log your weight. (Using the word "log" here is making me giggle. There's a 12 year old trapped inside me, I swear.)
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    What would be the point of this? Do you get a special prize if your scale says a certain number on weigh in day?

This^ :D
    I've had a two-pounder. Yes, I'm proud of that. No, that's not an average size for me, but 1 - 1.5 pounds is. Yes, I tend to overshare information.

Screw the weigh-ins. You're not on the Biggest Loser and you won't get eliminated if you don't eliminate your bowels before you weigh. We all want to see progress in the right direction, but honestly, if you think you're a little backed up, wait a day or two before you log your weight. (Using the word "log" here is making me giggle. There's a 12 year old trapped inside me, I swear.)

and this ^
  • mhughes0090
    mhughes0090 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have always had terrible problems when it comes to regularity...so I would take laxatives and still have to some days and it does not affect my weight. I wouldn't unless you absolutely are doing it for other reasons other than seeing if it has an impact on the scale. They can be dangerous when you use too many. But from experience it doesn't help and Ive gone a week without using the john and there is noooooooo impact on my scale because of the laxatives!!:wink: