[GROUP FULL] SPARTANS: No Excuses November Chat - Wk 1

Options

Replies

• kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    okay, so I went a little over on the calf raises...but I only did them a hundred at a time...I got in 400 yesterday...
    Plus I did a killer workout and it felt GREAT!! :)

Dude, you're making me feel guilty for only doing 100 dodgy quality ones :D
    Congrats on your performance though - an inspiration!!

Sittingduck has just volunteered to do another 100 calf raises today of INTENSE quality! WOW WHAT A SPARTAN! (lmao)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Checking in late (sorry):

Day 2 & 3 Accomplished this morning. The calf raises were a bit much for me, but I pulled through it after break in-between. The flex routine felt pretty good, thanks for sharing the video!!
    I'll be catching up on day 1 with the water.

Looking forward to working my core tomorrow.

Felicia
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    okay, so I went a little over on the calf raises...but I only did them a hundred at a time...I got in 400 yesterday...
    Plus I did a killer workout and it felt GREAT!! :)

Dude, you're making me feel guilty for only doing 100 dodgy quality ones :D
    Congrats on your performance though - an inspiration!!

Sittingduck has just volunteered to do another 100 calf raises today of INTENSE quality! WOW WHAT A SPARTAN! (lmao)

That is AWSOME - Way To GO Sittingduck! ;o)
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    ----

OMG, me and my BIG mouth ;-o
    Okay, I will do them this evening and report back with the results!
  • char2009
    Options
    ----

I feel somewhat responsible for this...sorry!! lol...
  • mobetta2012
    Options
    Got in all my 100 calf raises yesterday...I actually did them in my office! Yay me

My Goals for today:
    *100+oz of water ( try to reach a gallon)
    *do my day 3 challenge
    *eat 3 servings of veggies
  • kateland
    Options
    ----

I am literally laughing over here - what a sport!! Looking forward to hearing your results!

/goes to do another set
  • kateland
    Options

I feel somewhat responsible for this...sorry!! lol...

Nonsense! You are setting a quality bar for us Spartans..thanks Char!!!
  • kateland
    Options
    Got in all my 100 calf raises yesterday...I actually did them in my office! Yay me

My Goals for today:
    *100+oz of water ( try to reach a gallon)
    *do my day 3 challenge
    *eat 3 servings of veggies

Fantastic, lady! You ROCK it there in your office!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Day 2 did not go as planned. I only did 25 calf raises and only drank 24 oz of water. I got in a great workout and then spent 6 hours at the mall with my step-daughter. I ate only 1000 calories which I know is not good. I am going to attempt do finish yesterdays challenge as well as today's and get my 100 oz of water. I may be out of touch for the few days I am going to drill this weekend. I know I will be able to workout tomorrow but this weekend is going to be fun filled days with 2 16 hour days and driving. I kind of hate this weekend as there is going to be a TON of negativity BUT I get to spend a little time with my friends at their lake house, even if it is just to sleep.
  • kateland
    Options
    Sounds like you are bracing yourself, itsallbs - you have a plan, which is great! Let all their crap wash over you and fall off you. They are just an extra motivator that's making you stronger and stronger. If you have a smartphone, check in with us and let us know how you're doing! We'll pump you up!

Also: I've got 60 calf raises in today and 32 oz of water. I'm all over this today!
  • Itsallbs15
    Options
    Sounds like you are bracing yourself, itsallbs - you have a plan, which is great! Let all their crap wash over you and fall off you. They are just an extra motivator that's making you stronger and stronger. If you have a smartphone, check in with us and let us know how you're doing! We'll pump you up!

Also: I've got 60 calf raises in today and 32 oz of water. I'm all over this today!

Thanks. I am trying to keep a positive mind and keep my plan on track. Great job on the water and calf raises. I am at 20 raises and 0 water as I am still working on my first cup of coffee!!!!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok team I've just completed 2 rounds of insanity and 1 round of Billy Blanks Cardio and Sculpt. :explode: :explode: :explode: I'm down 32oz of 02 and will drink the other 32 within the next hour. :drinker: :drinker: I'm going to work in about an hours so it will be nice to do the stretch tonight.:huh: I am feeling it!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: TEAM LET'S DO THIS.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Ok water check , Calf raises check...so far so good feeling good - got weighed in at my gym last night and since the last weigh in which was a little over a month ago ...-6.5 lbs and inch on hips and waist. :happy:

Anyways hoope to keep going ...Good luck on meeting your goals today :heart:
  • Itsallbs15
    Options
    Holy dehydration, Leonidas!!!! I need to pay better attention to my intakes for food and water. I am good about drinking at least a gallon of water a day but yesterday I only had 24 oz and only 1000 calories of food and when I just did my work out I felt it. OOPS!!! My side is cramped and I feel sluggish. On the plus side of my lack of attention, I have chugged 36 oz of water this morning, and pushed through the pain of the cramp to complete 200 calf raises and the stretching challenge for today.
  • Itsallbs15
    Options
    Checking in late (sorry):

Day 2 & 3 Accomplished this morning. The calf raises were a bit much for me, but I pulled through it after break in-between. The flex routine felt pretty good, thanks for sharing the video!!
    I'll be catching up on day 1 with the water.

Looking forward to working my core tomorrow.

Felicia

Great job! Keep pushing though. The core challenge for tomorrow is going to be GREAT!
  • Itsallbs15
    Options
    Ok team I've just completed 2 rounds of insanity and 1 round of Billy Blanks Cardio and Sculpt. :explode: :explode: :explode: I'm down 32oz of 02 and will drink the other 32 within the next hour. :drinker: :drinker: I'm going to work in about an hours so it will be nice to do the stretch tonight.:huh: I am feeling it!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: TEAM LET'S DO THIS.

OMG, YOU ROCK!!!!! Definitely an inspiration!
  • Dclem1206
    Options
    Ok so 50 calf raises and flexibility and ill be caught up.
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Okay I feel so much better today after reading my fellow Spartans posts. I too forgot to finish up my calf raises; I just got tired after cooking and totally zoned out.

I got in 50 calf raises a
    Finished 7th day of 30DS and a TF HIIT 20 for a whopping burn of 893 calories.

Today my back is sore and I can't figure out if it's from working out ( I did supermans and squirms and those tend to kill my back after a bit) or if I pulled something. When I first get up it hurts, but once I stretch a bit and get moving it doesn't hurt as bad, so this makes me think that its muscle soreness and not a pulled muscle. I can move side to side. Any ideas on stretches for the mid to lower back?
  • Itsallbs15
    Options

Today my back is sore and I can't figure out if it's from working out ( I did supermans and squirms and those tend to kill my back after a bit) or if I pulled something. When I first get up it hurts, but once I stretch a bit and get moving it doesn't hurt as bad, so this makes me think that its muscle soreness and not a pulled muscle. I can move side to side. Any ideas on stretches for the mid to lower back?

Definitely sounds like muscle soreness. I had a horrible back injury and there would be no moving without excruciating pain if it was a pulled muscle, it would even hurt to breath. As far as stretching it out, below is some of the physical therapy things I did which helped tremendously.

~lay on the floor, rotate your legs to one side while keeping your shoulders flat on the floor.
    ~lay on the floor, lift your hind end up and keep you shoulders on the floor, hold for as long as you can.
    ~The downward dog position seemed to help but put a bit of strain on my shoulders.
    ~while standing, rotate your hips in a circle paying close attention to be moving your core as well, almost like using a hula hoop
    ~while standing, bend at the waist to the left, right, front and back.
    ~If you have a yoga ball, keep your feet flat on the floor and bend over backwards over the ball.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and keep up the good work!