Black team challenge week 15

Options

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay a.lot of food issues to choose from, so let me give this a some thought and I will let you know. Good challenge Andrew!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    with -- goatees are hot.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg

Both are nice, but I'm biased toward goatees. BF has had one since we've been together and it's HAWT.
  • Marla64
    Options
    and the Steelers t-shirt is F-I-N-E too-- I'm up to 'here' with golf shirts.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg

Ok. So I'm secure enough in my masculinity to weight in on this one because the goate thing has the same effect with me.
    The man doesn't look bad either way. However, without the goate he looks the same way I do when I shave mine. Like a 14 year old. Lol. But if lori likes em young, than she' s all set.

Btw-marla, don't start picking apart the poor guys wardrobe. Focus woman. We talkin about hair. Lol
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey Sammmm,,,

Andrew is picking on Marla again..

tattle tail..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all ... I'm not dead, haven't moved away, or completely given up... just don't know what's been going on with me. I've been pretty down in the dumps. Every time I get consistent with my exercise and start to feel really good something happens ... I start to feel like I'm coming down with flu or something. I'm pretty discouraged about it. I didn't even weigh in this week & haven't even really been lurking... just haven't been on mfp for the better part of a couple of weeks except to log some food. Most days I have given in to feeling sorry for myself and have turned to food to try to feel better. I know it doesn't work but I have still done it!

No health insurance ... so a full workup is out of the question. I may be doing more exercise than I'm really in shape for, but when I am exercising I feel good ... and then I start to feel sick & have to stop altogether for a while.

Has anybody heard of anything like this?

I'm supposed to go do zumba tonight, but I'm kind of scared to ... I've not exercised at all in over a week and at my age I get out of condition really fast. I think I may go and stay in the back and go slow...

I wish I had time to give a shout out to everybody ... another big problem is that I am just too busy but I can't or don't want to give up any of what I'm doing ...

So I'll just muddle through and keep starting over I guess.

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Options

with.jpg

without.jpg

Ok. So I'm secure enough in my masculinity to weight in on this one because the goate thing has the same effect with me.
    The man doesn't look bad either way. However, without the goate he looks the same way I do when I shave mine. Like a 14 year old. Lol. But if lori likes em young, than she' s all set.

Btw-marla, don't start picking apart the poor guys wardrobe. Focus woman. We talkin about hair. Lol

:noway: whoops-- sorry-- I see a cute guy-- some sexy facial hair and a nice t-shirt, I get squishy-- :devil: :love:

Ahem-- focus, yes, focus-- thanks Batman :wink:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ... Work is my unhealthy habit. ):

This is haaaard. I guess... um... I've already kicked out the bad habits. ERG. I'll think about it...
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey, Tresa! I'm so sorry that you are having issues. *hugs* I'm not sure what could be going on with you.

Lori - if you want him to look more like "your age"...no goatee. :laugh: Since everyone thinks you're a teen mom, might as well make the whole family look under-age. hehehe I like the goatee on him & I'm a facial hair snob. If it doesn't look good, it does NOT belong! Dave looks nice with it. :happy:

Andrew - Good challenge! I think I might be tossing sweets for this. I think.

Janie - Sorry you're having back spasms & the like. Those SUCK. Take care of yourself! Miss seeing you post!

Roni - LOVE the new av! Your face is getting so slender! Your family's socks are going to be knocked off!

Marla - YAY for the 5k registration! WOO HOO! I cant' wait to hear how you won. :wink:

Hey to everyone else! I need to run (what else is new? :grumble:). I'm taking my friend to have 2 of her cats put down.:frown:

I worked out at the gym this morning & experimented with some of the equipment the past 2 days. I'm going to start focusing more on weight training for now. It only makes sense that the more muscle I have, the better I'm going to look. SO, I'm still doing tons of cardio, but I'm working on *gag* weight trainingn now, too. Yippy.

I'm off. Wish me luck.:cry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey, Tresa! I'm so sorry that you are having issues. *hugs* I'm not sure what could be going on with you.

Lori - if you want him to look more like "your age"...no goatee. :laugh: Since everyone thinks you're a teen mom, might as well make the whole family look under-age. hehehe I like the goatee on him & I'm a facial hair snob. If it doesn't look good, it does NOT belong! Dave looks nice with it. :happy:

Andrew - Good challenge! I think I might be tossing sweets for this. I think.

Janie - Sorry you're having back spasms & the like. Those SUCK. Take care of yourself! Miss seeing you post!

Roni - LOVE the new av! Your face is getting so slender! Your family's socks are going to be knocked off!

Marla - YAY for the 5k registration! WOO HOO! I cant' wait to hear how you won. :wink:

Hey to everyone else! I need to run (what else is new? :grumble:). I'm taking my friend to have 2 of her cats put down.:frown:

I worked out at the gym this morning & experimented with some of the equipment the past 2 days. I'm going to start focusing more on weight training for now. It only makes sense that the more muscle I have, the better I'm going to look. SO, I'm still doing tons of cardio, but I'm working on *gag* weight trainingn now, too. Yippy.

Do you have room in your car for a husky?
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Hey y'all ... I'm not dead, haven't moved away, or completely given up... just don't know what's been going on with me. I've been pretty down in the dumps. Every time I get consistent with my exercise and start to feel really good something happens ... I start to feel like I'm coming down with flu or something. I'm pretty discouraged about it. I didn't even weigh in this week & haven't even really been lurking... just haven't been on mfp for the better part of a couple of weeks except to log some food. Most days I have given in to feeling sorry for myself and have turned to food to try to feel better. I know it doesn't work but I have still done it!

No health insurance ... so a full workup is out of the question. I may be doing more exercise than I'm really in shape for, but when I am exercising I feel good ... and then I start to feel sick & have to stop altogether for a while.

Has anybody heard of anything like this?

I'm supposed to go do zumba tonight, but I'm kind of scared to ... I've not exercised at all in over a week and at my age I get out of condition really fast. I think I may go and stay in the back and go slow...

I wish I had time to give a shout out to everybody ... another big problem is that I am just too busy but I can't or don't want to give up any of what I'm doing ...

So I'll just muddle through and keep starting over I guess.

I think we must be twins. This is exactly what is happening to me..

I'll have a good week - really work out hard, eat well, and some pounds will come off - and then POW!! back spasms, or hip pain, or sinus infection.. I seriously start to think my body is fighting back..

I'm also really busy at work and have more than the usual amount of stress at work and home, so my best guess is that the stress is what is really doing me in..

Let's keep at it - we can beat this thing.. I'll carry you for a while, if you carry me.. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • janiebeth
    Options

thanks for the shout out sara..

The back is better and I am ignoring the hip - it doesn't stop me from doing anything, so I'll pretend it is not there for now.

You seem to be having the week from Hell-O.. Sorry about your friends cats.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Way to go with the weight training.. I started this a few weeks ago and hated it at first, but now I kind of enjoy it. I have mine set up as an interval so I do one set and move on to the next exercise then go back later for second sets. It keeps it moving (pumps up HR) and keeps my brain engaged..

Go..go...go...everyone.. and don't forget your water..:drinker: :drinker:

janie
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I think we must be twins. This is exactly what is happening to me..

I'll have a good week - really work out hard, eat well, and some pounds will come off - and then POW!! back spasms, or hip pain, or sinus infection.. I seriously start to think my body is fighting back..

I'm also really busy at work and have more than the usual amount of stress at work and home, so my best guess is that the stress is what is really doing me in..

Let's keep at it - we can beat this thing.. I'll carry you for a while, if you carry me.. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Well ... I'm sorry it's happening to you but kind of relieved that I'm not alone!!! I'm not giving up ... just coming to grips with the fact that this is going to take a really really long time and I have to take it slow with plenty of breaks where I am not real focused. I guess that is how maintenance will be, so I'm practicing for that..... :ohwell: :happy: :wink:

Ok ... back to work I go .....

• nickybr38
    Options
    Janie, Tresa - sounds like me too. ): Whenever I start training hard my body fights back just as hard. For me I get a lot of colds and stomach flus. It's frustrating.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So I had an interesting morning. I put the dogs outside for a few minutes. When I went out to get them I got all dizzy. (I've done that since high school where I get dizzy and lightheaded if I stand up too fast but if I stand still/sit down for a minute, I'm fine.) Well, I got to the door and started opening it. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. Then the next thing I knew I was laying on the floor. I'd blacked out and fell! Luckily I managed to fall right between the Bo-Flex and the wall and missed the glass patio furniture end table and a beer light.

I called the doctor and Dave's parents took me in since I'd never blacked out before and Dave didn't want me to drive. After talking to the doctor she said my BP was low but good (100/66) and she thinks it's low protein. I admit I love carbs and really don't like too much protein. I told her I've been losing weight but in a healthy way - cutting back on junk food and working out on the elliptical. I said I lost the 30 pounds of pregnancy weight in 2 months and then I've lost about 15 since then (Nov-now). She asked how much more I want to lose. When I told her 5 pounds she said she thinks I look great and shouldn't try to lose much more or I'll be getting too close to the line between healthy/underweight BMI.

I started crying because I was lucky that Harley was taking a nap. If I'd been holding her, I would've dropped her and that scared me. The doctor just told me to up my calories a little (I said I do between 1400-1800 depending how much I work out) and up my protein and see how I feel.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    P.S. I agree on the facial hair. Grow it back! :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    So I had an interesting morning. I put the dogs outside for a few minutes. When I went out to get them I got all dizzy. (I've done that since high school where I get dizzy and lightheaded if I stand up too fast but if I stand still/sit down for a minute, I'm fine.) Well, I got to the door and started opening it. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. Then the next thing I knew I was laying on the floor. I'd blacked out and fell! Luckily I managed to fall right between the Bo-Flex and the wall and missed the glass patio furniture end table and a beer light.

I called the doctor and Dave's parents took me in since I'd never blacked out before and Dave didn't want me to drive. After talking to the doctor she said my BP was low but good (100/66) and she thinks it's low protein. I admit I love carbs and really don't like too much protein. I told her I've been losing weight but in a healthy way - cutting back on junk food and working out on the elliptical. I said I lost the 30 pounds of pregnancy weight in 2 months and then I've lost about 15 since then (Nov-now). She asked how much more I want to lose. When I told her 5 pounds she said she thinks I look great and shouldn't try to lose much more or I'll be getting too close to the line between healthy/underweight BMI.

I started crying because I was lucky that Harley was taking a nap. If I'd been holding her, I would've dropped her and that scared me. The doctor just told me to up my calories a little (I said I do between 1400-1800 depending how much I work out) and up my protein and see how I feel.

Lori,

OMG - this is very frightening - thank God you are OK.. your guardian angel was looking out for both you and Harley today..

For protein, if you aren't into meat, how do you like nuts. A handful of almonds is a great snack and can help with the protein #s..

Take care of yourself.. you know how we worry..

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Janie, Tresa - sounds like me too. ): Whenever I start training hard my body fights back just as hard. For me I get a lot of colds and stomach flus. It's frustrating.

Colds OK - stomach flus are intolerable... :grumble:

We need to start our own support group.. Something like "fighting back, despite our bodies"

Janie
  • nickybr38
    Options

Colds OK - stomach flus are intolerable... :grumble:

We need to start our own support group.. Something like "fighting back, despite our bodies"

Janie

OVARIES OF STEEL - BODIES OF MUSH!

;)