Out of my league...

Options
12346»

Replies

• mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just wish I could find someone closer to my age. Younger women seem to be attracted to me. I don't have much in common with them. Frustrating!

I have the opposite happening for me.

See, I love older men. Much bet
    ter conversations. Much better in bed. Not to mention, more secure and not immature. I can only take so much " you have a really great chest" from guys my own age.

Besides being better in bed, which I have no idea about, I am going to have to disagree with all of these points. I don't think age is really a contributing factor here...maybe these men just know the right words to say to make you feel this way.

Well, Whatever they are doing, I appreciate it!

I think it's more a generational thing, than necessarily an age thing. I treated women, at 23, the same as I do now at 37.

What passes for young adult males nowadays is just a flat, assed, joke.

I would agree with you!
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the whole league thing is bogus. I'm fat, yet I get hit on far more than my 106 lb flatmete when we go out. The men I get are always super fit and gorgeous, too.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    you dont have that missing winning lottery ticket from Connecticut that no one has claimed, do you , maybe he thinks youre a millionaire.............hm,

I think Mega Millions is worth 254, 000, 000 , maybe thats his agenda?
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    My flatmates recently educated me on what this term actually means because it completely baffled me when she was describing how her partner was out of her league. She said there are three main types to classify someone as 'out of your league'

1. If they are better looking than you
    2. In terms of career status
    3. In terms of finance, money

I never see people this way and I also hate it when people judge other couples saying one is 'too hot' for the other. What if they are super nice people? What if they're only attractive but talks like a moron? It certainly wouldn't stop me from talking to someone just because they're wealthy or what not. I wouldn't think they're better than me either just because they're good looking! o_O

When I told them my thoughts they replied 'You must be very confident in your looks'. I'm so not! I just don't get it or see people this way lol!!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    What league? Someone is on a pedestal only if you put them there. Put yourself up there too & play!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I say go for it, you never know where it might go.

don't sale yourself short...
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I think that two months later, you've probably already moved on.
    -wtk

/unsubscribe
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Assume there is something psychologically or emotionally wrong with her and discontinue contact the moment the words 'relationship' or 'monogamous' start coming out.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how "out of your league" they are. If you're a 5 and they're a 10, I'd be highly suspicious. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Yet, it doesn't hurt to make a "new friend" and try and see where they are coming from. Maybe they're just being "friendly". Did that person outright hint at "getting with you"?
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I usually just wait to the liquor wears off and pay for their cab home before they regret it too much.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I just wish I could find someone closer to my age. Younger women seem to be attracted to me. I don't have much in common with them. Frustrating!

Wow..... First time I have ever seen a comment like this from a man. Awesome!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Where's the punchline..... Usually my first thought!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    No one is out of my league, and I am not out of anyone's league, either. I say go for it.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Go for it, do not sell yourself short my friend!! No one is out of anyones league my friend.