what day do you weigh yourself?

Options
So, I just bought a scale! yay. Will only weight myself once a week. Just wondering how often do you guys weigh yourself and on what day? I think i am going to do thursday.

Also do you weight yourself in the morning or night?

Ronney

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, naked right after using the bathroom first thing.
  • incfighters
    incfighters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i do the same as ladymuscles but once a week.
  • Rewinds
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only log losses. Any fluctuations under 1kg I don't record, and if its over 1kg I'd be pretty shocked.
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale so I have to rely on the publix scale whenever we make it grocery shopping haha but I take my measurements once every monday.
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Friday.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Morning, post-pee. XD

I only log my lowest weights here on MFP but I track everyday on skinnyr.com. It's crazy and frustrating and insightful and rewarding to see the fluctuations. :)
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Monday and Thursday. I don't log Thursday, it's just to give me an idea if I'm going up or down so I can adjust accordingly.
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Same as above, but on Fridays (so I have a whole week to work off any weekend gain)

I used to weigh in on monday but I found it made me try to be really strict on the weekend so as not to gain, which took the fun out of the weekends and made me feel like i was on a diet rather than a lifestyle change.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    omg! just weighed myself!!!! I think I will log it.

Thanks guys!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Saturday mornings, sometimes right when I get up, sometimes a half hour or hour later, but always before I eat anything. I like to weigh before the weekend because that's when I am most likely to give myself a wee break on watching every calorie… I'll have a cocktail (maybe two), or have pizza. But, I know if on Saturday morning I've lost, then my little cheats haven't hurt my week - or long term goals - at all.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit scale obssesed. I weigh myself multiple times a day. I'm trying to cut back to just weighing satuday morning though and I only log my saturday morning weight.
  • sckrlov
    Options
    I weigh daily for now, but my husband keep threatening to hide my scale so I can only weigh on Wednesdays. I only log on Wednesday for both my weight and my measurements.
  • Alexia40
    Options
    Once a week - Thursday (Or whatever your last working day of the week is so any little luxuries over the weekend can then be countered by the fairly routine 5 days). Always first thing, after bathroom visit and with nothing on.

I used to weigh daily but I was too emotional about the fluctuations. However much I used to rationalise them they still made me feel down. A weekly weigh-in has far more positive results for me mentally!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, 5:30AM, butt naked.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings. I will also weigh midweek to get a sneak peek of what's to come.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning right now. Not because I'm obsessed with the number of the scale, but I hope to post my graph at the 'end' of my weight loss phase and show people that there WILL be gains along the way, but that if you persevere you will acheive results....

Now I hope that is actually true :P
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, 5:30AM, butt naked.

Beavis and Butthead: "She said *kitten*...Huh HuhHuh, Huh". LOL
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed and weigh every morning but only chart the Sunday morning weight to turn in for our Harry Potter Challenge Slytherin group.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh myself Wed mornings, after a trip to the bathroom and before anything passes my lips :p also naked haha

I sometimes jump on the scales, when I feel light or heavy just out of curiosity but they don't count. I love when I feel heavy and the scales say I've lost weight!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1x a week doesn't matter which day. And it's the first thing in the morning.