Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Half The Man I Use To Be!!!! Next stop 300 lbs. Lost!!!

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    All I can say is, "That's Awesome!"
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Absolutely phenomenal! I can't congratulate you enough for all of your hard work! I really respect that you started with therapy to try to fix what was going on in your head-- you are so right that the body transformation follows the mind transformation! Keep up all your amazing dedication-- so proud and inspired!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Your story is very motivating! I have 75 pounds to lose, and it sometimes seems like an insurmountable goal. But seeing your loss of 281 pounds, all without surgery, makes 75 seem reachable. Thank you so much for sharing your story and your pictures! If anyone says they can't do it, they just need to look at you and they'll know they can!

Congratulations to you! You've done a remarkable job. You are living proof that you don't need crazy diets or pills or surgery to do this! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • This is so awesome I don't even know where to start! :D You are AMAZING!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Dude, that is greatest story that i have ever seen/heard!! Congrats to you - freakin awesome! All the best to your future success - wow!
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    wow impressive!!!!!
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Wow you look absolutely amazing!!!
  • What an amazing individual you must be! Great job and keep up excellent work!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Wow!! You look amazing and are truly an inspiration!!! :wink:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    An amazing story. So much dedication and work to reverse a lifetime of issues. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Hopefully the joy you find in your future will be greater than the pain you've endured.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story . You have made an amazing transition that's not all physical and I am sure that somebody else out there needs the encouragement that you just gave. I have been inspired also. CongradulatIons!!!!!!!!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 340 Member
    You are an inspiration to all of us!! Absolutely amazing!!! Be proud of everything you have accomplished, and go out in public with pride. Your what we call in my family, " a bad-*kitten*"!!! Enjoy it!!! Thank you for the inspiration, and motivation!!!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    You Sir, are a Superstar!!!!!!!
    Thanks for your very inspiring story...

Not that you need it, but I'm gonna give it anyway.... Good Luck on your next stop at 300!!!
  • awesome
    amazing
  • Thank you so much for sharing, I am almost in tears over your success. I haven't near that much to lose, and I get discouraged. I can only imagine. Praise God he is carring you through and will be a healthier person, Nice looking person to. :)
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing your story, you are doing an incredible job!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Incredible!! you should be so very proud of yourself. You are an inspiration!!!
  • peach05
    peach05 Posts: 31 Member
    A.Maz.ing!! Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment!!
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Super inspirational! Keep going!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    When we have gathering here at our house, there is no buying chips and crap food, We prepare healthy food, and if you don't like it well you will go hungry or you'll have to stop at McDonald's on the way home. lol...Until they are ready to admit that they do you can scream until you are blue in the face and it will do no good... I know all to well...... Sorry so long.....

Amen brother, on both accounts. I got up to 423 pounds before I had that "Aha!" moment where I just had to do something about it. I was/am uncomfortable with myself, and like you, I refused to have surgery because I know I can fix this myself, especially since I did it to myself. This is truly an inspiring story and thank you for sharing it. I've been doing the treadmill thing because I still can't get over my own phobias of being in the pool to do the aquatic workouts, but I do want to get to those because they're so much easier on the body. How did you overcome that part of your challenge?

The Aquatic program is through our Local hospital and is done at the YMCA in their therapy pool. I drilled the lady when I first called having to know where the pool was, do I have to change in the public locker rooms, how far is it to walk into the Pool area, how many people are in the pool when I would be there, etc,etc... I was always scheduled as the first patient and would get in the pool 10 minutes before that just to avoid everyone and would literally wait til everyone was out of the pool before I would get out. I had not left the house in over 2 years before I started this so it was VERY HARD to get the nerve to go up there. But I took a leap of faith, I was SO concerned about what other people was thinking of me it had drove me to never leaving the house but when I finally decided to choose life, I just had to face my fears. In the beginning I avoided eye contact with people and would just keep my head down and tell myself that this is about me and regaining control of my life. Was it hard? Most definitely but I just pushed myself to confront my fears as they came. I still have social phobia's in large crowds, but I have been able to conquer alot of them. I have been going into big chain stores now for several months and no longer burden my wife with having to do all the shopping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!