Jillian 6week/6pack

Options

Replies

• Mkristinek
    Options
    Wasn't feeling to energized for workout tonight. I made it through L1D1, and it was hard! I was feeling discomfort in my neck and upper back, and not so much in my abs :(. Any suggestions on how to feel the burn in the right places?

And side planks are hard! My arms are so weak!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wasn't feeling to energized for workout tonight. I made it through L1D1, and it was hard! I was feeling discomfort in my neck and upper back, and not so much in my abs :(. Any suggestions on how to feel the burn in the right places?

And side planks are hard! My arms are so weak!

When you do JM workouts, focus on your core: do a pelvic tilt & listen to her instructions. My core is SO much stronger now than ever before. And, considering I have slipped/herniated disks from the neck all the way down to my pelvis, I do not take pain meds, refused all surgeries and continue to workout hard-core almost every day. "Core-work" is key-work. It will take time, you're reprogramming your body after years of abuse, it will not happen over night. Don't tilt your neck to your chest: when you do ab work, find a place on the ceiling (or wall in front of you if you're on your side) to focus on and focus. Most importantly, take you time: if you need to stop & restart or can only do the first circuit the first few days & repeat the slower circuit, do it that way.
    For the side-planks, drop your base arm down to your elbow - line your elbow up with your shoulder so you're not straining any muscles, and do the modified planks like Maddie (with the knee touching the ground). If you need to, keep your un-used arm flat against your side instead of up in the air - this is a great starter move that you can build into (arm in air first, then try lifting onto your hand & using your arm to fully support your body).

This is my second time round & this time I can actually do most of the advanced moves & I'm feeling it big time where it counts today.

Just remember, nothing worth it comes easy, ever. With that said, you CAN do this! We ALL can do this - and the end results will speak VOLUMES to your stamina & overall health :flowerforyou:
  • Mel_MisFit_Mae
    Mel_MisFit_Mae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements:

Upper Abs/Below Chest: 33"
    True Waist: 29 1/2"
    Belly Button: 34"
    Lower Abs/Hips: 35"

I'm gonna start tomorrow YAYYYYYYYY
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ok. Started Day 1 Week 1 today. Here are my measurement..

Upper Abs/Below Chest: 26.5
    True Waist: 27.5
    Belly Button: 29
    Lower Abs/Hips: 31
    Thighs: 21.5 (just in case it changes)

Hopefully I did that right...but I guess if I measure the same spot every time it doesn't matter.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    HOLY!!! That's seriously ONE week???? Guess I'm going hunting for that video...
  • Mel_MisFit_Mae
    Mel_MisFit_Mae Posts: 43 Member
    Options

ok never mind I fit it in ;-), day1 week1 completed (hrm -205cal)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    TRUE DEDICATION !! Love it....

ok never mind I fit it in ;-), day1 week1 completed (hrm -205cal)
  • SexyCook
    Options
    ONE WEEK?????I am confused on what you are responding to...
    HOLY!!! That's seriously ONE week???? Guess I'm going hunting for that video...
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    whats the name of the dvd?
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Is it too late to start with you guys if I start tomorrow (Tues Nov 8)?

I'll have to give my measurements tomorrow too.

I'm half-way through her 30 day shred and finding it a great workout, EXCEPT that I find the ab sections to be too easy! I definitely need a more intense ab workout and it would be great to have support and knowing all you guys and gals are doing it too.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    I am in my friend

Upper Abs/Below Chest: 32 1/2"
    True Waist: 31 1/2"
    Belly Button: 32 1/2"
    Lower Abs/Hips: 37"
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    W1D2 complete!!!!
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Measurements are:
    Below chest- 33
    Middle- 32.5
    Belly button- 35.5

Day 1 of level one completed yesterday. Day 2 is later today. Have a great day everyone.
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 6week 6 pack...you can find it at walmart, target, athletic store...
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Nope its definitely not to late.....Come join the gang...Happy to have you!!
    Hey!! Is it too late to start with you guys if I start tomorrow (Tues Nov 8)?

I'll have to give my measurements tomorrow too.

I'm half-way through her 30 day shred and finding it a great workout, EXCEPT that I find the ab sections to be too easy! I definitely need a more intense ab workout and it would be great to have support and knowing all you guys and gals are doing it too.
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Completed Week1 Day 2 of 6w/6p and I am sure its in my head but I feel like my stomach is slimming already and my def is re-appearing....But I love what she does and I am a walking example of what she can change about your body...SO i am pumped...going 5 days straight at her going out of town on Sat morning..will exercise but no dvd...My abs are definitely sore.. so glad of that lets me know i am working the right area. My arms have gotten so strong just form doing her other workouts and gym work...Let keep it rocking girls...HOT BODIES RIGHT HERE!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    :) thanks I will look for it.
    Jillian Michaels 6week 6 pack...you can find it at walmart, target, athletic store...
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Upper Abs/Below Chest: 33
    True Waist: 35"
    Belly Button: unfortunately 38 1/8
    Lower Abs 41
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I want to join here are the measurements upper waist 34 mid is 36 lower is 38.5
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Glad i have a history with JM workouts b/c damn this was fast paced!! I felt like I was all over my living room floor this morning!! Def won't get bored with this workout - which is great! Lots of different moves going on!!

Not sore yet- but actually looking forward to it...

L1D1:

chest: 33.5
    true waist: 30
    naval: 34.5

Congrats to all who've started!! Keep it up:)